Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if mj will get possessed by the symbiot in the upcoming venom event. that would cramp their love life for sure. imagine Peter coming swinging home only to find a possessed mj trying to eat his brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It would be a bit of a step back considering the journey the alternate MJ went on in Renew Your Vows during her experience with the Venom symbiote. I know you can't exactly repeat the same story, but she should be permitted a little willpower
    Agreed, though I'm thinking the Venom symbiote possessing Mary Jane would be a roundabout way for the symbiote to reunite with its first love and both of them to come to terms with the lingering emotional and psychological scars Venom left on them, thus strengthening their relationship.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx74205 View Post
    But to clarify the whole sitting by the window trope for me is just a common idea of MJ just not having anything to do of note while Peter is out saving the world.
    The GOT episode last week had a good bit of the "They also serve who only stand and wait" importance that civilian non-combatant supporting characters have. In stories, these characters have to be the emotional center of the stories. They define the values, the life, and the entire sentiment of what the hero and its actions are. They get us to care for the heroes on an emotional level even if on a plot level they don't have much to do.

I want MJ to have a life outside of Peter and her relationship with Peter. Their relationship should be but a facet of both Peter and MJ not the totality of it.
    I guess. But it's also not an issue by any means for her relationship with Peter to be the most important part of both their lives. Peter Parker is the only person Mary Jane has ever fallen in love with after all.

what if MJ becomes a cyborg ninja and cuts off kraven's hand
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Mary Jane as a cyborg ninja? Sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A Cyborg Ninja like Raiden (Metal Gear) the Cyber Lin Kuei/Tekunin (Mortal Kombat) or Genji (Overwatch)
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    A Cyborg Ninja like Raiden (Metal Gear) the Cyber Lin Kuei/Tekunin (Mortal Kombat) or Genji (Overwatch)
    I personally prefer Raiden a la Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Hmm, could go for something like Mistral and give Cyborg Ninja MJ multiple cybernetic arms as a Cyborg Spider-Woman.

Already happened in Into the Spider-Verse, end of that movie showed they patched up, so their love has survived even that now.
    1. Was talking about the tv show Divorce Court
    2. That's not 616, so doesn't count

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    2. That's not 616, so doesn't count
    All universes count.

616 isn't the end-all/be-all.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.

All universes count.

616 isn't the end-all/be-all.
    It doesn't count for this relationship of Pete/MJ. Pretty sure the OP wasn't asking where old man Peter B. Parker and his relationship with MJ should go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I guess. But it's also not an issue by any means for her relationship with Peter to be the most important part of both their lives. Peter Parker is the only person Mary Jane has ever fallen in love with after all.
    Well this just plain isn't true.

What I really want to see MJ do is talk to people when Peter isn't in the same room or the topic of the conversation.

I feel like treating Peter/MJ as her sole existence is ironically the thing that would limit her as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What I really want to see MJ do is talk to people when Peter isn't in the same room or the topic of the conversation.
    Sure. But there are only 20 pages in a comic book. If it doesn't advance plot or character, it's wasting limited real estate.

And even anything that develops Mary Jane's character needs to be useful to the story of Spider-Man.

BANNED

I feel like treating Peter/MJ as her sole existence is ironically the thing that would limit her as a character.
    Except it doesn't. In fact, whenever I read them interacting together I don't feel the need to include anyone else in the supporting cast consistently, they have enough going on between the two of them, each one fascinates the other with where their lives take them.

Astonishing Member

Except it doesn't. In fact, whenever I read them interacting together I don't feel the need to include anyone else in the supporting cast consistently, they have enough going on between the two of them, each one fascinates the other with where their lives take them.
    I find Peter to be boring sometimes if he isn't interacting with his cast.

The best stories are where they're active characters rather than just meandering through a plot.

BANNED

Well this just plain isn't true.
    Peter Parker being the only man that Mary Jane ever fell in love with is a true observation.

Check out Brian Michael Bendis' Invincible Iron Man run. Mary Jane doesn't mention Peter once though Bendis in his wont does his best to show/hint his presence on her anyway. Or if you want something that's a little alternative...see Sean McKeever's Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane which despite the title isn't entirely focused/centered on the Peter/MJ relationship as you might assume.

It isn't something to be ashamed of either. As a number of feminists point out, acknowledging the agency of female characters at the expense of relationships is still playing by "their" rules. It's like girls need to be afraid of cooties now.

You can pass the bechdel test and still have characters be in a relationship with a man. Fun fact, Mary Jane appeared as a supporting character for Carol Danvers in the first three issues of Ms. Marvel. They talk several times about many things alone together and not about a man, despite the fact that Peter and MJ are still dating in the 70s.

Fact is relationships matter a great deal to people. It's okay to admit it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Peter Parker being the only man that Mary Jane ever fell in love with is a true observation.

Check out Brian Michael Bendis' Invincible Iron Man run. Mary Jane doesn't mention Peter once though Bendis in his wont does his best to show/hint his presence on her anyway. Or if you want something that's a little alternative...see Sean McKeever's Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane which despite the title isn't entirely focused/centered on the Peter/MJ relationship as you might assume.

It isn't something to be ashamed of either. As a number of feminists point out, acknowledging the agency of female characters at the expense of relationships is still playing by "their" rules. It's like girls need to be afraid of cooties now.

You can pass the bechdel test and still have characters be in a relationship with a man. Fun fact, Mary Jane appeared as a supporting character for Carol Danvers in the first three issues of Ms. Marvel. They talk several times about many things alone together and not about a man, despite the fact that Peter and MJ are still dating in the 70s.

Fact is relationships matter a great deal to people. It's okay to admit it.
    I'm say that it's limiting for both characters. It's a world. Not an apartment.

And, yes. Peter has fallen in love with other people. You criticized me for apparently devaluing things, but it seems as though you're just trying promote your favorite ship.

P.S. You rant a lot.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 05-07-2019 at 09:28 AM.