Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member Tuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    So . . . many . . . words.

  2. #107
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    but...your “real sense” sounds nothing like mine or my mates. i wasn’t even thinking about old iron balls

    this is the tinder age. dating is quick and convenient

    has the same work been put into delving into flash and harry’s dating life since OMD (the friends example is unfair because it forces us to choose from this pre set trio of archetypes when one, none or a mix may be appropriate)?
    Yeah, Peter's the main character so of course we're gonna be following him along the entire time so we know more about what's going on with him. People like Flash, Harry, or MJ aren't the focus so they won't get as much screen time, and thus their private and dating lives aren't as known to us.

    If we're comparing those two post-OMD, we know Harry hooked up with Lily and Liz later, and Flash went with Betty and then Valkyrie. And again that's just 1 less than Peter's relationships during this time period, so its not a huge departure anyway. Also because they were never the stars of books prior we don't know what their "one true love" would be so their relationships aren't as effective to us in comparison.

    And wasn't the joke ever since his high school days was that Peter had so many women attracted to or flirting with him, to the point where people like Flash or Harry would comment on it, but he never could actually get in a relationship with any of them. It took 3 years to get with Carlie, that lasted only a year, 4 years later is Lien which lasts a few months and almost all of it is off screen, and about a year later is Bobbi, which again only is a few months. So I don't think of that as being a "player"
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  3. #108
    Fantastic Member Von's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    484

    Default

    I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

    Felicia is exciting, unpredictable, and sexy.

    She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

    Lots more interesting and fun stories can be told with Felicia.

    MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.

  4. #109
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

    Felicia is exciting, unpredictable, and sexy.

    She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

    Lots more interesting and fun stories can be told with Felicia.

    MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.
    If you want an animal-based hero with a cat themed burglar, DC Comics have plenty of stories for you to read.

  5. #110
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,040

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

    Felicia is exciting, unpredictable, and sexy.

    She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

    Lots more interesting and fun stories can be told with Felicia.

    MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.
    You done pushed the alternate love interest button Von, you shouldn't have done that 'round these parts. Don't you know MJ is the co-star of Spider-Man? Prepare for intense backlash.
    "I'm sorry, but your story isn't adding up. I think your religion is a lie to keep my mouth shut."

  6. #111
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You done pushed the alternate love interest button Von, you shouldn't have done that 'round these parts. Don't you know MJ is the co-star of Spider-Man? Prepare for intense backlash.
    von is mephisto! get him!
    troo fan or death

  7. #112
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    So . . . many . . . words.
    i blame cbr word minimum
    troo fan or death

  8. #113
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You done pushed the alternate love interest button Von, you shouldn't have done that 'round these parts. Don't you know MJ is the co-star of Spider-Man? Prepare for intense backlash.
    I love MJ to pieces, especially with Peter, but I'd be fine with some Spider-Cat action. Personally, love triangles are passe and stupid, so I'd rather they all come to a peaceable accord.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #114
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    what I want is a Mary Jane wars arc like Tonys armor wars where she takes on everyone who has ever been with Peter to ensure no one ever dares lay her eyes on her man again.
    Gwen Stacy vs Mary Jane (clone/original)
    Carrie vs Mary Jane
    Black Cat vs Mary Jane
    Mockingbird vs Mary Jane
    Annie Marie vs Mary Jane(she isn't discriminating)
    Betty Grant vs MJ
    and so on.....

  10. #115
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It took 3 years to get with Carlie, that lasted only a year, 4 years later is Lien which lasts a few months and almost all of it is off screen, and about a year later is Bobbi, which again only is a few months. So I don't think of that as being a "player"
    3 girlfriends in 10 years - slow down super stud!

  11. #116
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I'd rather see Pete hooking up with Felicia here and there ... coming together and going their own ways over time.

    Felicia is exciting, unpredictable, and sexy.

    She can not only relate to both sides of his dual identity ... but can go on adventures with him.

    Lots more interesting and fun stories can be told with Felicia.

    MJ? Meh. Not as much there that hasn't already been done to death for years. imo.
    Completely agree.

  12. #117
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    989

    Default

    "Where do you want the peter and MJ relationship to go next?". That's an easy answer for me: I want the spider-marriage restored once and for all!!

  13. #118
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If you want an animal-based hero with a cat themed burglar, DC Comics have plenty of stories for you to read.
    I swear, every time she's brought up, you're there without fail bringing up Catwoman. Is it a tic or something?

    p.s.

    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/25/1...der-man-batman
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░M░E░P░H░I░S░T░O░ W░A░S░ R░I░G░H░T░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  14. #119
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I swear, every time she's brought up, you're there without fail bringing up Catwoman. Is it a tic or something?

    p.s.

    https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/25/1...der-man-batman
    From a casual point of view, if you have to make that kind of distinction, you've already lost the argument.

  15. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    From a casual point of view, if you have to make that kind of distinction, you've already lost the argument.
    Whether Black Cat is a Catwoman ripoff is probably one of the big debates.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...he-Big-Debates

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •