Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny X-Men #17 spoiler

spoilers:

The art was fantastic.

At the funeral, Karma, Mirage, Magik gets to make a speech about their dead sister Rahne.

Guest-stars at the funeral are Longshot, Prodigy and Doop (I think)

Wolverine managed to track down the people who killed Rahne with the help of Kwannon and they are just four normal kids who accidentally found out that Rahne is a mutant when Rahne got angry and showed her wolf-face for a second.

The four kids beat her up but Rahne didn't change into a wolf because she wanted to live a normal non-mutant life.

Wolverine got the images from Kwannon and killed the kids and some Office of National Emergency officers off panel.

When Wolvie went back to the base, he argued and fought with Cyclops. Juggernaut broke up the fight and tried to reconcile the two.

Juggie reminded them that there is a long list of villains to fight and they shouldn't be fighting each other.

He also asked why Emma is not on the list-to-do. Nobody except for Juggie knows who is Emma and that was the cliffhanger.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-01-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Didn't read the issue yet, but Wolverine and Cyclops got into a scuffle because Wolverine gave those punk kids and slime ball government lackeys what they deserve and Cyclops had a problem with it?

Cyclops is my favorite hero but if that's the case, I'm completely on Wolverine's Side here.

Best issue of the series. Looks like Rosenberg is improving. Actually slowing down and focusing on the characters instead of the action worked better here

Why do they think that Cannonball and Sunspot are dead? Im guessing this issue spoils Roberto's death in War of the Realms but Sam is alive and in 616
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-01-2019 at 07:57 AM.

BANNED

You do know you don't need to put stuff in spoiler boxes on the spoiler/review thread, right, Jalsrix? Just a heads up.

Anyway, this issue was actually fine, except for once again the inconsistency in Scott's powers being a laser pointer here. Weird stuff.

The eulogy was good and Logan going after the bigots was well done. Same for his fight with Scott, because it was bound to happen. It was a real punch in the gut

I'm still not mad at the idea of Beto dying, but that's because I'm hoping it's revealed in the WoTR mini that the foolish X-Men only THINK he's dead. Come back to me, my boy

Also, Emma being erased from the X-Men's memory, particularly Scott, is downright insane. I hope we get some answers soon, because I'm not sure this was her doing.

Gomez' art was downright GORGEOUS. 8/10, good soap opera.

To think that Juggernaut is on the team just for his stupid helmet is physically hurting me. Also, Rahne being murdered by some fratboys catcalling her is just bad.

I've read it now

Gotta say, I like the logo

Finally some names of the dearly departed are mentioned minor nit pick, hey Madrox you forgot the Paragons, ya loon (I jest)

I like Kwanons look

What game are they playing? a beat em up by the looks of it

Aww at Magik "When I see her next"

Boo at Rahne, a damn werewolf!, being taken down by a group of yoofs! pfft
    (there's more to it, to Rahneys credit)
    This has annoyed me a bit now, I thought Rahne had been taken down by Ice Giants over in WOFRs, This wasn't needed, Blindfolds and Loa deaths could of been used here

The Emma thing is interesting

This book has some fun, for some fans, so it's ok, not great but not awful
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-01-2019 at 08:47 AM. Reason: update

Copying it here from the other topic:

I'm not disliking Rosenburg's work in Uncanny, although I think there is a lot to improve. But Rahne dying like that makes no sense. He wrote her nicely in Dead Souls, but I don't know from where he took that she wouldn't defend herself from some dumb young men. Really? At least since X-factor (and I mean the 90's one), she is very good at stoping jackasses from hitting her if they deserve.

The Emma revelation I liked though. I see her not wanting to have anything to do with this group of X-men, and doing things her own way with the Hellfire Club. She is probably just buying some time, 'cause she knows they would discover her eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Didn't read the issue yet, but Wolverine and Cyclops got into a scuffle because Wolverine gave those punk kids and slime ball government lackeys what they deserve and Cyclops had a problem with it?

Cyclops is my favorite hero but if that's the case, I'm completely on Wolverine's Side here.
    Cyclops was mad that Logan did not go to the funeral, but Wolverine did not tell what he was doing either. Although, I think Scott should know Logan better by this point. Both were just angry because of the death, I guess...
    Last edited by Weather; 05-01-2019 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

Whatever. I find Rosenberg to be the top piss poor writer to ever be on a x book. Everything he does should be left in the trash at comic stores for people to pick out of the bin to flip through and throw back in.

Prodigy sighting on the last page .... Solid issue Rosenberg is actually doing good work you just wish thing was slightly more spread out so they can breathe a little

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

I think he was more pissed off that Logan couldn't be assed to hang around for the funeral and be there for his teammates. I get both arguments, but it's not like Wolvie couldnt have waited an hour. Otoh, I hope everyone in that living room is dead now.

Gómez' art was great, but we get a different Carlos next issue. See the recent Shatterstar mini for reference.

I'm sad about Rahne. My favorite title was always X-Factor and she was a big part of that for me. It sucks to lose both her and Guido in so short a time, but maybe the plan was always to get them back to hell.

lol at Karma forgetting Indra existed

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Also, Emma being erased from the X-Men's memory, particularly Scott, is downright insane. I hope we get some answers soon, because I'm not sure this was her doing.
    If it wasn't her doing, why wouldn't she have appeared already? Like I've said before, makes zero sense she wouldn't have shown up to Scott's call in UXM #11 already.

It's not bad that Logan was going to teach those guys a couple of things, but not going to the funeral and returning without the prisoner you've released is totally impolite.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Best issue of the series. Looks like Rosenberg is improving. Actually slowing down and focusing on the characters instead of the action worked better here

Art really helped, the emotion expressions were on point.

Scott shouldn't had punched Wolverine, for doing things on his own way.

So sad Rahne basically commited suicide by not reacting to some boys beating her. WTF Rosenberg

Xavier files kinda of spoiled the last page LOL not sure why would Emma do this when X-men need everyone together.
    They really needed money and new costumes

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm still not mad at the idea of Beto dying, but that's because I'm hoping it's revealed in the WoTR mini that the foolish X-Men only THINK he's dead. Come back to me, my boy
    Remind me does this take place after War of the Realms? Cuz if 'Berto appears in that, and dies, then he would in fact be dead here. But is he doesn't appear with (or to) the X-Men in the WotR mini then it's conceivable they still think he died with the X-Men.