Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The real D-Lister was the friends we made along the journey.
    Is that why mine keep dying in Events?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Hope this puts to bed events like Age of X Man for a while no one clearly likes it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure IA with that. UXM leans heavily on continuity that Rosenberg established in his minis from last year. It can easily be confusing for a new . Starting from #1 would be an easier digest but then that leads into Age of X-Man, which can be quite overwhelming. Id suggest a new reader to just wait for Hickman
    Rosenberg's post disassembled run starts off easy enough, and doesn't have any more reference to past events than anything else. If you think Rosenberg is leaning hard on some of his own stories, don't suggest someone jump on whatever the next Hickman book is because he isn't writing something unless it continues his grand story.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Rosenberg's post disassembled run starts off easy enough, and doesn't have any more reference to past events than anything else. If you think Rosenberg is leaning hard on some of his own stories, don't suggest someone jump on whatever the next Hickman book is because he isn't writing something unless it continues his grand story.
    You dont know that. None of us know whats in store for Hickman but we do know it will be the start of the run. Ive read some of Rosenberg's material and I was confused by it. A new reader is gonna be confused about why the NM are TO-infected, WTF is Callahan, why is Alex in jail, the whole deal about Jamie being alive but nt really prime Jamie, etc...You downplay it but there are ALOT of references to other books as Rosenberg has utilized UXM as a means to close out those plotlines. Not to mention he's drawing in other stuff like Kwannon being alive, Hope's attitude with Cable being dead and quite frankly not doing a good job of explaining or setting them up
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-30-2019 at 06:26 AM.

On that note, I wonder why they compromised the otherwise solid Dead Souls with that terrible ending when it added nothing of value to Uncanny and in fact made it worse.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It feels like UXM is doing around the same as Gold and Blue around this point. I say 'feel' cuz I don't feel like researching it. In terms of team books it only lost to FF and Justice League but those have more reliable writers.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    On that note, I wonder why they compromised the otherwise solid Dead Souls with that terrible ending when it added nothing of value to Uncanny and in fact made it worse.
    They probably hadn't planned Rosenberg taking over Uncanny solo at that point yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It feels like UXM is doing around the same as Gold and Blue around this point. I say 'feel' cuz I don't feel like researching it. In terms of team books it only lost to FF and Justice League but those have more reliable writers.
    They were selling around/right below 40k.
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 04-30-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Uncanny X-Men 11 66,962
    Uncanny X-Men 12 68,636
    Uncanny X-Men 13 50,430
    Uncanny X-Men 14 48,840

I had expectations with Uncanny because sales were growing from #11 to #12. But it had a real big drop from February to March.

AoXm disastrous sales are not a surprise. It's being beaten by a serie called Hulkverines. :lol:
    But I'm sad about NextGen getting the worst sales position.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You dont know that. None of us know whats in store for Hickman but we do know it will be the start of the run. Ive read some of Rosenberg's material and I was confused by it. A new reader is gonna be confused about why the NM are TO-infected, WTF is Callahan, why is Alex in jail, the whole deal about Jamie being alive but nt really prime Jamie, etc...You downplay it but there are ALOT of references to other books as Rosenberg has utilized UXM as a means to close out those plotlines. Not to mention he's drawing in other stuff like Kwannon being alive, Hope's attitude with Cable being dead and quite frankly not doing a good job of explaining or setting them up
    Honestly, did any of those questions prevent the plot in the issue you were reading from being understood? The conversations? The action? No. That is stuff long time readers who are hung up on continuity worry about because they need to see the dots connected. To a new reader, it is all new stuff, everything is a question. With thinking like that, no one could jump on any book with preexisting characters, they all rely on past stories. At their highest points in popularity comics never worried about jumping on points. If there is a problem getting into Rosenberg's run, it is a failure to deliver an entertaining story.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Im convinced it was either supposed to lead into a NM ongoing or sequel mini, which got canned bc of low sales and JDW putting Rosenberg on UXM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Uncanny X-Men 11 66,962
    Uncanny X-Men 12 68,636
    Uncanny X-Men 13 50,430
    Uncanny X-Men 14 48,840

I had expectations with Uncanny because sales were growing from #11 to #12. But it had a real big drop from February to March.

Everything is based on comparison, UXM is still the top seller of the X-Books even though it has dropped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So the problem isn't D-listers, but a AU. e
    Yes, it is because none of these will be long-lasting. I didn't bother to read what happened in AoXM.

Jean Grey, Storm, Iceman, Betsy, Nightcrawler are certainly not D-listers.

BANNED

So can we now say AoXm is a massive failure? They have the entire Roster tied up in an AU for months for absolutely no reason.

abdcz listers are a social construct, open up your mind, vanquish the labels
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Whoever thought Age of X-Man was a good idea should be fired.