Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

jesus murphy, I actually feel bad for X-Books, that's how low this is
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think it was entirely the lack of advertising (though lord knows that did not help!), as the complete inability of the folks in charge of promotion to distill the event down into a core concept. If you weren't one of the hardcore X-Fans seeking out writer interviews and such, did you even know what you were supposed to be shelling out $$$ for? Something kind of like AoA, I guess, sort of, maybe? Not exactly the best way to grab those pre-order dollars.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if most people wrote it off and just hopped on the Scogan reunion, there wasn’t any type of attempt to let anyone know what’s going on. They relied too heavily on Disassembled which was some direwolf ****.

And it didn't help that Disassembled was a pretty weak intro. It had its moments but overall a disappointment. Also, it's a lot of cash to ask readers to dish out to follow it all.

Nice to see Uncanny somewhat up there.

On the bright side, the next time we get into a character usage debate will be very fun when the idea that the Claremont crew are needed because they bring in the sales comes up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nextgen didn't even make the top 100? Damn, guess that blows the chances of a new ongoing X teen book. And that had the highest profile writer attached, too!
    Neither did X-Tremists despite being the most hyped book.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Uncanny seems to be losing sales, it was at positions 7 and 9 the previous month.
    Uncanny does very well digitally though. It’s always in the top 5.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    not numbers for now.

20 UNCANNY X-MEN #13
    23 UNCANNY X-MEN #14
    43 DOMINO HOTSHOTS #1
    44 DEADPOOL #10
    45 WOLVERINE INFINITY WATCH #2
    60 MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS #3
    63 AGE OF X-MAN PRISONER X #1
    64 DEAD MAN LOGAN #5 $3.99
    65 HULKVERINES #2 $4.99
    66 AGE OF X-MAN APOCALYPSE AND X-TRACTS #1
    67 UNCANNY X-MEN WINTERS END #1
    72 X-23 #10
    75 X-FORCE #4
    79 X-FORCE #5
    86 AGE OF X-MAN MARVELOUS X-MEN #2
    98 AGE OF X-MAN AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #2

Age of x-men is really flopping hard

iceman one shot did alright.
    I think Marvel really dropped the ball with X-Force there. An ongoing series in a period when there's precious little in the X-universe, with the original team, spinning off a recent X-Men event, from the writer of Uncanny X-Men had the potential to do much better than this. I'm afraid the artist they went with was a bad mismatch and cost the book its livelihood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think Marvel really dropped the ball with X-Force there. An ongoing series in a period when there's precious little in the X-universe, with the original team, spinning off a recent X-Men event, from the writer of Uncanny X-Men had the potential to do much better than this. I'm afraid the artist they went with was a bad mismatch and cost the book its livelihood.
    What cost the book its livelihood was that X-Force were guest stars in a book starring an alt universe character nobody wanted and a character so Z-list he was in Agents of SHIELD.

you know what dropped the ball on cable-force

the scripts

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    It's not the artist, it's the utterly stupid idea of making the character that murdered Cable the hero; you could have Hickman with Kirby in the book, and ir would still fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's not the artist, it's the utterly stupid idea of making the character that murdered Cable the hero; you could have Hickman with Kirby in the book, and ir would still fail.
    You genuinely think that wouldn’t sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if most people wrote it off and just hopped on the Scogan reunion, there wasn’t any type of attempt to let anyone know what’s going on. They relied too heavily on Disassembled which was some direwolf ****.
    At least it makes more sense as to why they didn't make Rosenberg's Uncanny the new UXM #1, knowing that a bigger name is on the way in.

BANNED

Wow, such a big month for X men.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Wow, such a big month for X men.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    Ya Age of X had little to know interest for me,everyone already knows the X-Men return the main MU and that Hickman is taking over and totally changing thing his way.So why waste money on these Age of X-Men stuff for three or four months when the story is basically not going to matter,not just in the long term but in fact more then likely in just a few minor months.
    Why read anything by that logic? Why bother when things'll change? Hell, why do anything when time exists?
    Really hate the modern comic fandom attitude of always looking six months into the future and never stopping to appreciate the present

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You genuinely think that wouldn’t sell?
    The premise is built to appeal to nostalgia from X-force fans of the 90's, and they make the lead a character that murdered the origina's lead character because he became "too soft". Nothing could save it.