Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mackandal View Post
    Why read anything by that logic? Why bother when things'll change? Hell, why do anything when time exists?
    Really hate the modern comic fandom attitude of always looking six months into the future and never stopping to appreciate the present
    no, you don't get to blame the readers, this is all marvel fault for the years of sloppy editing and the "been there, done that" attitude of their writers of choice. No one should blame the customers for drawing the inevitable conclusions and use their hard-earned money accordingly.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The premise of X-Force was fine, actually really good, because it was promoted as X-Force chasing Cable, which would have been an interesting dynamic for the first arc with some more mystery that could've introduced the actual cast before Stryfe came with the Cable lore. The resolution to the Cable murder also had to be something much better than just lawyering his way out of it.

Honestly, they knew the thing was going to be 10 issues from the start. There are so many ways to polish the pacing and plot of the book into a kickass maxi. Can we get, uh, editors?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Anyone with a functioning brain could've predicted a six month AU event revolving around a punchline character from the '90s would end up a financial disaster.
    And one that has little to no actual action and is mainly just issue upon issue of talking heads having philosophical debates about the necessity of companionship and love. Really the only actual interesting one is Prisoner X and that’s because the whole thing is a mystery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And one that has little to no actual action and is mainly just issue upon issue of talking heads having philosophical debates about the necessity of companionship and love. Really the only actual interesting one is Prisoner X and that’s because the whole thing is a mystery.
    Thompson/Nadler: We want to do an event about Nate Grey

Editors: Ehhh, sounds like risky business

Thompson/Nadler: It's about how the X-Men can't function without shipping

Editors: Done! You get six months and every resource available!

More like:

White: We need some filler stuff before Hickman arrives, any ideas?

*Silence*

*More silence*

*Even more silence*

Thompson/Nadler: Ehhh, how about an event about Nate Grey?

White: Yeah... guess that crap would work. Well done everybody!

Meanwhile Uncanny just skates by getting the sales while having just the leftovers that Age of X-Man didn’t snatch up plus Cyclops and Wolverine.

Meanwhile Uncanny just skates by getting the sales while having just the leftovers that Age of X-Man didn’t snatch up plus Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Marvel promoted the hell ut of uncanny

the problem it's not about the characters, it's about the stories being told. Adding wolverine and cyclops to age of x-man wouldn't have made a difference, the "sinking ship" here is the concept behind the story and its execution.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

"Alright, Age of X-Man! A nice, 10 issue crossover like BOTA and AoX that explores a unique setti--"

Ghost of Bob Harras: "32 issues."

"What--"

Ghost of Bob Harras: "6 months. No main title."

"That would be great for our Hickman schedule, but--"

Ghost of Bob Harras: "Just like Age of Apocalypse."

"Well, that old event format really isn't good for a modern--"

Ghost of Bob Harras: "Just like the 90's."

"Yes, my dark lord. We are your loyal thralls forevermore, master, for we are the eternal imperators of your divine will."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    More like:

White: We need some filler stuff before Hickman arrives, any ideas?

*Silence*

*More silence*

*Even more silence*

Thompson/Nadler: Ehhh, how about an event about Nate Grey?

White: Yeah... guess that crap would work. Well done everybody!
    Honestly kind of why I think it's not as big of an issue that it's not selling well since in practice it's more of a placeholder before Hickman comes in and brings in all the attention and big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly kind of why I think it's not as big of an issue that it's not selling well since in practice it's more of a placeholder before Hickman comes in and brings in all the attention and big bucks.
    Yea but even then, how many resources are wasted on this event that just is not selling. If any good can come of this, it’s hopefully discouraging doing this kind of format again. It just doesn’t work.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yea but even then, how many resources are wasted on this event that just is not selling. If any good can come of this, it’s hopefully discouraging doing this kind of format again. It just doesn’t work.
    It's the X-Office & they won't learn. They'll just think it's lack of Scogan, and do something like this again where Scott & Logan get to go.

Hope this makes editors realize these stupid AU events go nowhere and just decide to try *Gasp* something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Hope this makes editors realize these stupid AU events go nowhere and just decide to try *Gasp* something new.
    X-Office: Alright Exiles didn’t pan out and Age of X-Man is a flop. These AU stories aren’t working. We need something new. I know, let’s do a time travel story. Those are popular right now.

Intern: But sir, we just did a time travel story with the O5.

X-Office: Yea well we then did and AU and extinction story. The audience is bound to have forgotten about time travel by now. It’s genius!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if most people... just hopped on the Scogan reunion...
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Marvel promoted the hell ut of uncanny
    And yet...

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Uncanny seems to be losing sales, it was at positions 7 and 9 the previous month.
    ... it's maybe already fell below 50k, in only its 2nd month.

I mean, this is the returns of Wolverine & Cyclops we're talkin' about here, in the regular MU no less - ABYSMAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    jesus murphy, I actually feel bad for X-Books, that's how low this is
    Yep, with those numbers & AoXM's 2nd issues possibly below 20k already besides, it feels like the X-Men are officially has-beens now. Seems they're dying & pretty much doomed outside the comics, just like they currently are in 'em. Life imitates art, lol. Even Hickman might not be enough to stave the apathetic waning, and save the franchise, at this point.