Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Love Trump or loathe him: I am embarrassed for my country. (And a bit scared as well. What happened to freedom of speech/choice?)

https://pjmedia.com/trending/asians-...ean-defectors/

Also, I got rebuked by a moderator for disparaging Didio. Does that restriction to remain civil only apply to comic book creators? Can I openly disparage anyone else like politicians, news anchors, teachers, sanitation workers, etc, here on CBR? Will have to get time to read the rules again.
    Thats an incredibly ridiculous article that seems to miss out how reality works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Love Trump or loathe him: I am embarrassed for my country. (And a bit scared as well. What happened to freedom of speech/choice?)

Also, I got rebuked by a moderator for disparaging Didio. Does that restriction to remain civil only apply to comic book creators? Can I openly disparage anyone else like politicians, news anchors, teachers, sanitation workers, etc, here on CBR? Will have to get time to read the rules again.
    I believe CBR policy is that overt criticism of indivdual members of the comics industry is a big no-no. Possibly goes back to the events leading up to the CBRmageddon which took place in 2014.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by FarmBoy View Post
    If what you say is true...let's also be honest and look at all the swamp water some other News broadcasters had (and still have) on them 8 years before 2016 and currently.
    Oh, **** off with your 'both sides are just as bad!' false equivalence bullshit.

No one appreciates Trump???? It appears in small town America, many appreciate President Trump.
    Many idiots.

Astonishing Member

No one appreciates Trump???? It appears in small town America, many appreciate President Trump. More people are working, who were not before. The man is not perfect, but allow him to do his job. Recognition or validation???? I believe most of his prior supporters really just wish to be successful in their daily lives. A photo on the news does not define the person.
    When unemployment numbers during the Obama era started to improve, the far right claimed that the numbers were rigged. Now that trump is in office, the far right believe the numbers. the only positive thing trump has done is keep up with the low unemployment and economy he inherited from Obama. Everything has gone to the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Thats an incredibly ridiculous article that seems to miss out how reality works.
    I mean its Pajamas Media sooo...

BANNED

No one appreciates Trump???? It appears in small town America, many appreciate President Trump. More people are working, who were not before. The man is not perfect, but allow him to do his job. Recognition or validation???? I believe most of his prior supporters really just wish to be successful in their daily lives. A photo on the news does not define the person.
    It's just funny that rural voters love Trump so much because he, or any other prominent Republican really, couldn't have a worse opinion of you lot. Trump has always been unabashedly elitist and sees himself as part of the infamous big city coastal elite that middle America claims to hate so much, the only problem was that the rest the billionaire set never considered him to be one of them. His quasi-populist rebranding came about almost by accident and largely against his own will, as the likes of Steve Bannon saw a vessel through which to channel their views and stir up white resentment, even though Trump himself doesn't really share those same views on identity politics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    When unemployment numbers during the Obama era started to improve, the far right claimed that the numbers were rigged. Now that trump is in office, the far right believe the numbers. the only positive thing trump has done is keep up with the low unemployment and economy he inherited from Obama. Everything has gone to the crapper.
    Yeah, I'm thankful every day that Obama was able to do what he did, in the face of constant obstruction from the right. And fortunately it was solid enough that Trump has not been able to mess it up. Good on ya, Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's just funny that rural voters love Trump so much because he, or any other prominent Republican really, couldn't have a worse opinion of you lot. Trump has always been unabashedly elitist and sees himself as part of the infamous big city coastal elite that middle America claims to hate so much, the only problem was that the rest the billionaire set never considered him to be one of them. His quasi-populist rebranding came about almost by accident and largely against his own will, as the likes of Steve Bannon saw a vessel through which to channel their views and stir up white resentment, even though Trump himself doesn't really share those same views on identity politics.
    If you take the time to listen to Trump supporters here in my region of the midwest you're likely to get a different answer from the same person everytime you ask the question. What just about all of the responses really boil down to is a fear of change.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Iirc in Fire and Fury theres a scene where Trump is talking to an assosciate on a plane --said assosciate is....tolerant of Trump from what the interview infers-- and the guys GF is a non-english speaker (Russian I think ?). Anyway Trump is talking about **** and refers to some states populace as "Rednecks" she asks him what he means and he literally says "Their like me, but not rich"

Sure, I'll give him all the credit he deserves! Just show me on a graph when exactly he turned things around and what policies he enacted that made this happen.

unemployment.jpg
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Mighty Member

I'd rather support Fuzzy Lumpkins.

People absolutely LOVE a scapegoat.

lollipop55414

Quote Originally Posted by Farael the Fallen View Post
    In this tread I am seriously asking this question. Seriously how can anyone support Donald Trump? In my opinion he is the worst US President of all time. He has an approval rating of 37%, but to me even that percentage is too high. I also see a lot of people cheering him at his rallies that US tax payers are paying for. Can anyone answer this question?
    Pretty easily. He has done wonders with the economy. Obama did bring in jobs, but these were largely jobs that were either service jobs, and not very high paying, or else jobs that were beyond many people. I am sure you remember Obama telling everyone that they should learn to code, or stop complaining. Well, not everyone can code. Wages were frozen, and the only thing Democrats wanted was to raise min wage, so people with worthless jobs, could make enough...except that doesn't work. Min wage raises make prices go up sky high, especially rent. The only people they help is those who earn min wage, but everyone else still has to pay the higher prices, with no raise. That's is why min wage raises tend to hurt more people then they help. The stock market was floundering by 2014, going down by 2015, and 2016 until the Trump rally, and Obama printed so much money to prop the stock market that it scared even his supporters. Trump has caused real economic improvement, by standing up to China, tariffing goods from overseas( especially form countries which have been tariffing us for decades). Yes, this might make the prices go up on cheap goods from China, but in the long term its better for everyone. Better to have good jobs then a cheap cell phone.
    And of course the foreign policy. Obama started seven wars( Cameroon, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan....). Bush invaded Iraq. Clinton started three. Trump has started ZERO WARS. Yes, including Iran. He killed a terrorist, as hated in Iran as he was everywhere else. But this hasn't started a war, and supporting Iran like Obama did is shameful. Its a government that executes gays, and jails women who don't wear a hijab.
    Best o0f all compare what happened in Benghazi to what happened in Baghdad. Obama and Hilary allowed the staff to be brutally murdered. Then they turned around and lied to the country, saying that a YOUTUBE VIDEO WAS RESPONSIBLE, when they knew the attack was coming, and simply did nothing. That's maybe the worst sort of lie I have ever heard even from corrupt politicians. Trump PROTECTED our embassy, so no one was hurt, and retaliated in perfect measure.
    No one sane believed in Trump being racist or sexist. Trump is very outspoken. He lived in Hollywood for forty years, and no one even once suggested he was racist. Suddenly he runs against Hilary, and everyone thinks he is? BS. Putting American citizens ahead of foreigners is not racist. Its sane. And foreigners are not a race, as far as I know. No one has the right to an American citizenship. We grant those out of the goodness of our heart as gifts. Our foreign policy has become far too generous, and its hurting us. Its especially hurting unskilled workers, with the black community losing the most jobs to illegals. That needs to stop. Its not racist to keep anyone that does not benefit us out of our land. The funnies thing is the environmental debate. All environmental ills come down to overpopulation. And immigration from countries that overpopulate to those who don't is one of the biggest causes of overpopulation. So I know for a fact that the liberla politicians who say they care about Climate Change are lying. If they did, they would be against immigration, but they are only for things that would allow the government to collect fines, and to kill jobs....does that answer your question? Oh and if you watch CNN you will likely hear a lot of lies about Trump. Like the lie about him dissing a handicapped boy( they actually edited a video for that purpose) or the lie about Trump callikg all Hispanics animals( Trump was talking about MS 13, the gang) so you may believe things I know to be untrue.

The same reason people voted for Hitler, desperation. A starving person doesn't debate if the man who offers them a sandwich is a bad man or a good man they take the sandwich. Trump targeted people who were left behind by the economic recovery under Obama. He gave them someone to blame for their problems (Mexican immigrants) and hope for a better tomorrow if only they put all their faith in him & his cronies.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."