Mighty Member

Default How would YOU revive the careers of once popular singers/bands?

... or at least restore some integrity.

Rolling stones and other aging stadium rock acts : Low key acoustic sets at small venues paying tributes to the artists who inspired them (Muddy Waters etc.)

Boyz II Men and other R&B singers/groups : an album of metal ballads done smooth R&B style. (Guns and Roses Cry/Patience, ZZtop - rough man, Every rose has its thorn etc.)

Who would you fix up and how?

The aging Rock Acts you want to revive are the only ones that can still fill arenas. The Stones don't need no help.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 02-08-2020 at 06:52 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Why do the Stones need help? They are playing stadiums in an era when most rock current acts struggle to fill smaller arenas and clubs.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I really don't think The Rolling Stones need my help. They remain one of the world's premier (and, ahem, most expensive) live acts.

I'd be delighted if they could somehow get their creative mojo back enough to create just one more classic album though. The blues covers album from a few years ago was pretty good but it would be magic to hear top notch original material for that one last time.

As for reviving careers of fallen artists, most musical has-been's tend to end up that way for a good reason. Do I wanna revive MC Hammer's career? Newp.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    As for reviving careers of fallen artists, most musical has-been's tend to end up that way for a good reason. Do I wanna revive MC Hammer's career? Newp.
    For most its because once they reach a certain point they become a cover band of their younger days. Fans want to hear the old hits and not anything new by them.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

En Vogue: Finally get all 4 back together via family counseling.

A Flock of Seagulls: Tour with "Fridays for Future" based on the effect climate change will have on seagulls and other maritime creatures.

The Knack: Have the lead singer run for president, perform at all campaign stops.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Bros:

Rename to "Bernie Bros" and perform "I owe you nothing" at every event by Democratic candidates not Bernie, from outside the venue and really loud.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Bros:

Rename to "Bernie Bros" and perform "I owe you nothing" at every event by Democratic candidates not Bernie, from outside the venue and really loud.
    Bros' real world comeback was only slightly less surreal.

They played a sold-out 30th anniversary show at London's O2 arena in 2017. This tied in with an unintentionally hilarious documentary that the Goss brothers agreed to partake in. Here's a review of the film:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...g-stops-review

It was toe-curlingly embarassing to watch at times. Think of David Brent mixed with Spinal Tap and a bit of Alan Partridge thrown in there for good measure. Then remember that this one ISN'T a spoof.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Here are excerpts of the documentary in all it's glory:

“I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder to not be superstitious.” - Matt Goss.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    ... or at least restore some integrity.

Rolling stones and other aging stadium rock acts : Low key acoustic sets at small venues paying tributes to the artists who inspired them (Muddy Waters etc.)

Boyz II Men and other R&B singers/groups : an album of metal ballads done smooth R&B style. (Guns and Roses Cry/Patience, ZZtop - rough man, Every rose has its thorn etc.)

Who would you fix up and how?
    Have them use a time machine?

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?