Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He may have. But we only learned about Biden, who trump thought was his main competition. Believe me, is Bernie gets close, Trump will seek foreign help against him. He did it with Hillary, he did it with Biden. And now the Senate has told him he is free to do it again.
    This is true.

Boisterously Confused

Question to the folks watching this thread about Romney's votes: Principled, or Deeply Calculated?

I'm a bit torn.

Astonishing Member

For (t)reasons of national security, you betcha.

At least it validates my longtime held contempt for reality TV stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    How about let some folks be soft and some people be sharp. Both have their place. Your idea of 'better' won't win everyone and different people respond to different things. I know conservatives are delicate snowflakes, but come on.
    This isn't about conservatives, it's about being progressive. We're meant to be better than the GOP, and you're not to going to get everyone on your side by normalising throwing abuse at conservatives since it can aimed at fellow progressives and Democrats when they disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Question to the folks watching this thread about Romney's votes: Principled, or Deeply Calculated?

I'm a bit torn.
    Both sounds good, calculated move that also Romney was fine with morally.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I'm a bit torn.
    I feel like it would be different if he had any reason to think his vote would actually have made a difference. As is, he gets to make the "principled" choice, without really making much difference in the wider scheme of things.

I mean, I guess I would still give credit that he did the right thing. I would just be more impressed if he did it in some way that really mattered.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

I'm a bit torn.
    - None of the above

Dude most likely legitimately buys into the existence of God, and think he will have to answer to him in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - None of the above

Dude most likely legitimately buys into the existence of God, and think he will have to answer to him in the end.
    What does that say about the rest of the bible thumping GOP.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

To put this into "Straight Edge..." terms -

You've got Straight Edge folks who won't even drink something with caffeine in it because they are Straight Edge. Doesn't somehow make a guy/gal who doesn't drink/smoke/do drugs "Not" Straight Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

Lung cancer is a terrible disease, from what I hear. I don't like his political views but I wouldn't wish it on him to suffer. I wish him well.
    I, on the other hand, am having a difficult time not being totally great with it.

Nothing we didn't already know.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

Because he underestimated him. Hell, who knows what he's tried to do. I imagine there is a lot hidden on that secret server.
    Exactly that is the point. I agree with you. Every presidential candidate has a secret that he didn't want people to know. If he has a few skeletons in his closet, he had better try to keep them in the closet until he takes it to his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I, on the other hand, am having a difficult time not being totally great with it.

Nothing we didn't already know.
    Agreed on both counts.

The highest level of empathy I can raise regarding Limbaugh is indifference.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Agreed on both counts.

The highest level of empathy I can raise regarding Limbaugh is indifference.
    Right. I can in general feel for a human suffering an illness. But, his illness doesn't erase what a horrible person he has always been and the horrible things he has always done and stood for.

His illness didn't make him any better of a person or more deserving of accolades

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Right. I can in general feel for a human suffering an illness. But, his illness doesn't erase what a horrible person he has always been and the horrible things he has always done and stood for.

His illness didn't make him any better of a person or more deserving of accolades
    I'm having difficulties with my reaction to this. In general, I believe in moderate, non-alienating tone and stance towards Trumpers, who I think have swallowed bilge-water that they thought was kool-aid. Limbaugh, on the other hand has knowingly, and - I believe - cynically manufactured the bilge-water for decades. My first reflex was "at least something will finally shut him up," and my reaction to hearing about the medal was utter disgust.

they gave that pos the medal of freedom. if not for the cancer, this would be evidence of god not existing.