Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    A man that cant even figure out what his stance on things are without Fox News telling him is 'the future'.

Fucking hell.
    Unnecessary. Fox News may lean in his direction, but review the past & one will find the MSNBC & CNN would favor other Presidents. I really don't think President's Trump is ever appreciated. He is a business man, who surrounds him with experience. As large & complicated as our nation has gotten, our leadership must hear other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmBoy View Post
    Unnecessary. Fox News may lean in his direction, but review the past & one will find the MSNBC & CNN would favor other Presidents. I really don't think President's Trump is ever appreciated. He is a business man, who surrounds him with experience. As large & complicated as our nation has gotten, our leadership must hear other ideas.
    Trump has been surrounding himself with fellow business people at best, and yes men otherwise. And to say Fox News leans in Trump's direction is a massive UNDERSTATEMENT - like calling Tsar Bomba a little explosion.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fox News may lean in his direction...
    Fox News is the official propaganda arm of the Republican Party, and has been for the better part of two decades now.

"may lean" lol

BANNED

The reason nobody ever appreciates Trump has nothing to do with his record, and everything to do with the fact that he has spent his entire life practically begging for the approval of others, e.g. his campaign speeches complaining about the elites and how he's actually more elite than they are. It's just human nature when we see such desperation to deny them that recognition and validation out of spite if nothing else, which is honestly probably why a lot of his supporters can relate to him, because who hasn't been shot down or demeaned by the people whose respect you crave?

Ultimate Member

Fox News isn't leaning towards Trump, they are now a cesspool of white supremacy and are now pure propaganda. Carlson and Ingraham have gone full racist and it's pretty shameful.

So much so that Sean Hannity appeared and spoke at a Trump rally.

Fox News is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fox News isn't leaning towards Trump, they are now a cesspool of white supremacy and are now pure propaganda. Carlson and Ingraham have gone full racist and it's pretty shameful.

Fox News is a joke.
    I prefer to call Carlson by his nickname as 'host of the white power hour'.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Fox News is a joke.
    Fucker Carlson and Laura Ignoramus are both vile and disgusting shitstains while Sean Hamhocks has his nose so far up Trump's ass, it's permanently stained orange. But that's all commonplace behavior for Faux News which is in NO WAY a legitimate news network.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Love Trump or loathe him: I am embarrassed for my country. (And a bit scared as well. What happened to freedom of speech/choice?)

"They came from a totalitarian country that does not allow free speech or freedom of thought, and could not believe this assault on belief would take place in the U.S.," she explained. "They were really shocked that this could happen and knew it was not random vandalism but it was an assault on free speech."

One of the South Koreans said of the attack:

Two of us were North Korean defectors, who escaped for freedom. They had to save up money for a long time to come. We thought America is a democracy. But we had no freedom to wear a hat? We came here to speak out about human rights abuses. And we had no right to wear a hat? We thank Trump. The sanctions are working. The North Korean regime should be collapsed.
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/asians-...ean-defectors/

Also, I got rebuked by a moderator for disparaging Didio. Does that restriction to remain civil only apply to comic book creators? Can I openly disparage anyone else like politicians, news anchors, teachers, sanitation workers, etc, here on CBR? Will have to get time to read the rules again.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Fox News is the official propaganda arm of the Republican Party, and has been for the better part of two decades now.

"may lean" lol
    If what you say is true...let's also be honest and look at all the swamp water some other News broadcasters had (and still have) on them 8 years before 2016 and currently.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The reason nobody ever appreciates Trump has nothing to do with his record, and everything to do with the fact that he has spent his entire life practically begging for the approval of others, e.g. his campaign speeches complaining about the elites and how he's actually more elite than they are. It's just human nature when we see such desperation to deny them that recognition and validation out of spite if nothing else, which is honestly probably why a lot of his supporters can relate to him, because who hasn't been shot down or demeaned by the people whose respect you crave?
    No one appreciates Trump???? It appears in small town America, many appreciate President Trump. More people are working, who were not before. The man is not perfect, but allow him to do his job. Recognition or validation???? I believe most of his prior supporters really just wish to be successful in their daily lives. A photo on the news does not define the person.

If what you say is true...let's also be honest and look at all the swamp water some other News broadcasters had (and still have) on them 8 years before 2016 and currently.
    It has to do with degree and frequency. One could probably find more instances of FOX distorting or omitting facts to skew the 'news' they report to the right than all other major networks who report left leaning stories combined. They are blatant about it because they know that their audience doesn't fact check anything, they just automatically believe what they are spoon fed. Just because a story might appear to be anti-Trump doesn't mean that it is left leaning, either. If person A gets into 10 fights and it is reported 10 times that they got into a fight, while person B only got into 1 fight and thus it is only reported once, that news source isn't against person A! Trump has lied, by far, more than any other president. If the news (everybody except FOX, that is) reports on this, it does not make them anti-Trump! Besides, I seem to remember the 'liberal' media going after Obama on numerous occasions! Not nearly as often as Trump, but then again he only had a fraction of the number of scandals in 8 years that Trump already has in 2.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Views like yours are why we keep getting stuck with awful candidates from both sides. We need third party candidates and the only way we get them is to vote for them. If you didn't live in a swing state last election then you were wasting your vote by picking either Trump or Clinton when you could have made it matter by voting 3rd party. None of us who voted Johnson thought he'd win, our goal was for him to get 5% of the popular vote because that would then guarantee federal election money to the party next election and make it more likely they'd get a seat at the debate tables. I chose to make my vote matter. My state went so heavily to Trump that you could add every third party vote here to Clinton and she still loses badly. Thus my vote didn't matter unless I was voting with the 5% goal in mind.
    Since your argument for voting third party is that your state is heavily Republican perhaps you should contribute your time and energy towards bringing more people into the Democratic fold. Voting third party out of protest may be the easiest option for the individual but only makes the problem worse for everyone because it's helping ensure that the worse people remain in power to continue to game the system in their favor.
    If the rest of your argument is that the Democratic party is corrupt, I'd argue that it's only possible to create change from within. In this case, because voting third party contributes very little to any real change in the Democratic party or the political system as a whole, it still makes very little sense.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

No one appreciates Trump???? It appears in small town America, many appreciate President Trump. More people are working, who were not before. The man is not perfect, but allow him to do his job. Recognition or validation???? I believe most of his prior supporters really just wish to be successful in their daily lives. A photo on the news does not define the person.
    Short-term prosperity isn't a reliable indicator to go by. Look at long-term security. Is it better to have a job with a barely adequate paycheck or clean air and water?
    More People were buying houses in 2006 than ever before as well. Was that an indicator of how well the economy was doing at the time?
    Republicans say they want to create more jobs while simultaneously working against efforts to ensure those jobs will provide a living wage.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Where was this talk from conservatives when Obama was president?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Since your argument for voting third party is that your state is heavily Republican perhaps you should contribute your time and energy towards bringing more people into the Democratic fold. Voting third party out of protest may be the easiest option for the individual but only makes the problem worse for everyone because it's helping ensure that the worse people remain in power to continue to game the system in their favor.
    If the rest of your argument is that the Democratic party is corrupt, I'd argue that it's only possible to create change from within. In this case, because voting third party contributes very little to any real change in the Democratic party or the political system as a whole, it still makes very little sense.
    I agree with this. Love him or hate him, Bernie did more to swing politics to the left running as a Dem than he'd had in decades of being an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Where was this talk from conservatives when Obama was president?
    But Dalak, don't you recall that Obama is a secret Muslim working to destroy American from within?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I agree with this. Love him or hate him, Bernie did more to swing politics to the left running as a Dem than he'd had in decades of being an independent.
    Thanks, that's a good example.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 05-05-2019 at 10:25 AM.