Default What have been your thoughts on Paper Girls?

How do you guys think about Paper Girls ?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm trade waiting the final arc, but personally it's one of my favourite comics running at the moment. Excellent art, interesting ideas/characters, and I'm never really sure what's going to happen next.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'd begun to enjoy the first half dozen issues or so, but when they began taking off into time travel and whatnot, I found I'd lost interest.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I'd begun to enjoy the first half dozen issues or so, but when they began taking off into time travel and whatnot, I found I'd lost interest.
    That was the selling point for me. Kids with kid problems and kid concerns suddenly finding out what their lives will be like in the future and dealing with that is a story that interests me. The farther future stuff I'm less excited about but I've always been curious as to what my younger self would say if he were to see my current life.

It’s a lot of fun and I love the main four characters!! It’s been a bit confusing at times (as time travel tends to be), but I highly recommend it and will be sad to see it end!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

It's over complicated itself a lot since it started, but it's still one of the better books on the stands right now. I'm glad they have a finale set so they can streamline it to wrap it up.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Love it so far and can not wait for the next issue.

Empty is thy hand!

I love just about anything BKV, and I followed this for the majority, but eventually just stopped because I don't really know what the hell is going on. When it wraps up, or gets down to its last few issues, I'll reread the whole thing to get a better hold on it.

Astonishing Member

It was really confusing at first on account of the war between the two different groups from different times in the future, and it got even more confusing with the different future versions of Tiffany. After that, though, if you're willing to just sit back for the ride, it's been a really great trip. The Y2K stories were a hoot!