Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Here's BC list of 'suspects' (though they said it might not be complete):

Beast Boy, Kyle Rayner, John Constantine, Supergirl, Oliver Queen, Ric Grayson, Booster Gold, Barbara Gordon, Damian Wayne, Jimmy Olsen, Plastic Man, Miss Martian, Alfred Pennyworth, Hal Jordan, Shazam, Hawkman, Catwoman, Jon Kent, Wonder Woman and Jim Gordon.
    Constantine?? How could you tell the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Probably because they want it to be Wally. Because the plan is that this isn't supposed to be Wally acting OOC. Because Didio and/or King hates Wally. That's my guess.
    Luckily this gives another writer an out with Wally if they can get away with it.
    As hard as it might be to believe King actually likes Wally more than Barry. If you listen to the Word Ballon podcast one of his interviews goes into his affection for Wally. I 100% think Didio is the one behind what happened and if you’ve seen the Patrick Gerard post over in the Superman forums he explains editors have kill and change lists for events that writers have to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    If they are looking for people that are the worst versions of themselves then Bludhaven should be the first stop.
    I'm now imagining the villains going to Bludhaven and stumbling across Ric and say that it looks like someone already did their work for them, and then they leave to go somewhere else. The joke being that Ric remains completely unchanged, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    For all those saying it can't be Wally because of Heroes In Crisis, think about it, what happened with Wally reminds me an awful lot of the origins for the dark Batmen in Metal. A change leads to the hero making decisions that the hero would never make consciously, or that they're afraid they might do. Just like Wally! This could be a perfect explanation
    It would be the perfect explanation...but it probably isn't. The most likely explanation is Didio hates Wally and his generation and this is all part of his attempt to end the popularity of these characters. So, I'm not saying it couldn't be a dark multiverse Wally, but I would bet a lot of money against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As hard as it might be to believe King actually likes Wally more than Barry. If you listen to the Word Ballon podcast one of his interviews goes into his affection for Wally. I 100% think Didio is the one behind what happened and if you’ve seen the Patrick Gerard post over in the Superman forums he explains editors have kill and change lists for events that writers have to follow.
    I actually didn't have King in my post originally and edited it right after to include him...but I suspected that this was all Didio's handiwork.

Luckily I don't have any attachment to that generation either, but I can understand why fans are upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s always been rumored that there were two camps in DC. Didio/Lee on one side and Geoff Johns on the other. To me it seems like Didio was taking a shot at Geoff Johns with the HiC reveal. Wally was the catalyst for Johns’ DC Rebirth. Which was supposed to undo a lot of things that Didio and Lee had started after Flashpoint. Doomsday Clock is supposed to be the bookend to Rebirth #1 but it’s been plagued by delays. At this point the outcome has little to do with the overall flow of the DCU. Doing this to Wally kind of kicks a little sand in Johns face and puts a serious damper on his Rebirth arc.

Two camps and I have major issues with both, lol. One way too hung up on darkness, the other too hung up on nostalgia. Can we get a third party?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Two camps and I have major issues with both, lol. One way too hung up on darkness, the other too hung up on nostalgia. Can we get a third party?
    Although one could say both have been on entirely different sides at one point or another .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Constantine?? How could you tell the difference?
    I wish I could like this post. Gave me a good laugh.

Spectacular Member

Just read the one shot, I noticed in the Leviathan segment, Batgirl was given an offer to fix her past, and she's among the suspects of the corrupted, maybe the hint wasn't for Junior but for her.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It sucks to be a Titan right now.
    It sucks right now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Just read the one shot, I noticed in the Leviathan segment, Batgirl was given an offer to fix her past, and she's among the suspects of the corrupted, maybe the hint wasn't for Junior but for her.
    That whole part with Batgirl by Bendis made no sense to me. Outside getting shot by the Joker has there ever been anything that she has wanted to change? Bendis kept alluding to the idea that all her choices don't work, but that doesn't really make any sense. She became Oracle because she got shot but she never really changed her role as Oracle until the DCU was rebooted. Then she has been pretty consistent as Batgirl up until now. I didn't really get it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    That whole part with Batgirl by Bendis made no sense to me. Outside getting shot by the Joker has there ever been anything that she has wanted to change? Bendis kept alluding to the idea that all her choices don't work, but that doesn't really make any sense. She became Oracle because she got shot but she never really changed her role as Oracle until the DCU was rebooted. Then she has been pretty consistent as Batgirl up until now. I didn't really get it.
    The crime in Gotham? A better world?

And the Didio/Johns feud is total horseshit.
    Last edited by ross61; 05-02-2019 at 02:01 AM.

I really wish DC had the nutsacks to use a storyline like this to propel two different characters who need it. (and who also make more sense for this kind of story)

BANNED

I always enjoyed Batman&Superman team ups. I believe they are best friends of two opposite side of same coin who fight for the same purpose with mutual admiration and respect. Batman actually wants to be like Superman but that's not how he's built and Superman actually wants to be cool like Batman but you can get the boy out of farm but you can't get the farm out of boy... lol I like them together. Even if i'm street level lone vigilante guy... i like them together once in while in Bat book and Every month in their own title.

New promo image. “Who are the pawns of The Joker Who Laughs?”

https://www.newsarama.com/45916-who-...ted-pawns.html