Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Superman/Batman title spinning out of Year of the Villain

Bleeding Cool is reporting that Joshua Williamson and David Marquez will be the creative team for Superman/Batman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...david-marquez/

This kind of sounds like the Dark Multiverse characters are DC’s Skrulls.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-28-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

I see that DC has decided to stop hiding their agenda and are openly going to smear, kill or derail the younger generation of heroes. Almost all of the suspects are from the Titans franchise or have ties to it.

I could not give less of a damn about anything related to The Batman Who Laughs or Metal. Instant non-buys for me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Meh. I would have preferred Marquez as a regular on Avengers. Pass.

Superman/Batman book by Williamson spinning out of Metal and Year Of Villains? Ehh.
    David Marquez drawing Superman & Batman? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So I'm a little conflicted at the moment lol.

Oh God, Metal continues to contaminate the DC Universe. I actually like this idea and if the comic is well-written and has paranoia as a theme, it can be good. Even if anything Metal is unbearable.

Major takeways:

- Not surprised to see them bringing back Batman/Superman, although what office will this fall under? Batman? Superman? Justice League?

- David Marquez drawing a DC book = Epic Win.

- I guess this is replacing Justice League Odyssey on Williamson's slate.

- I really don't care for more Metal/Dark Multiverse/Batman Who Laughs stuff, and the premise of Batman and Superman dealing with corrupted versions of other characters doesn't really sound too strong a hook. It's going to live or die by Williamson's writing and his take on the World's Finest dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I could not give less of a damn about anything related to The Batman Who Laughs or Metal. Instant non-buys for me.
    Yeah I’m already super tired of The Batman Who Laughs. Sadly it seems like he’s going to continue to be everywhere for at least the next year.

Astonishing Member

The Batman Who Laughs and Metal were mistakes.

I'm pretty sick of Batman Who Laughs. Was hoping he'd be done for a while after the mini.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Words cannot express how uninspired this is. If you are to have a team up book with high profile characters, at least have it be something vaguely resembling originality. Batman/Green Arrow. Superman/Green Lantern. Batman/Aquaman. Superman/Shazam. Mother of god why this again? Superman is not even that much of a draw in the comics industry any more.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I’ll pass. This sounds like complete and utter **** that will waste Marquez’s talents.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I’m already super tired of The Batman Who Laughs. Sadly it seems like he’s going to continue to be everywhere for at least the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Batman Who Laughs and Metal were mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'm pretty sick of Batman Who Laughs. Was hoping he'd be done for a while after the mini.
    What even is the point of the Batman Who Laughs past Metal? So Snyder can keep writing the Joker without writing the Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What even is the point of the Batman Who Laughs past Metal? So Snyder can keep writing the Joker without writing the Joker?
    This exactly. As soon as this guy started to appear more and more I realized that DC/Snyder had found a Joker loophole. Joker works best if he’s seldomly used. This way they can keep Joker in their back pocket and just use this guy. Plus Snyder can make TBWL the unstoppable god villain he’s always trying to make the Joker. His Joker is so freaking OP it’s ridiculous.

I will say...man it sucks to be Donna Troy .