Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Words cannot express how uninspired this is. If you are to have a team up book with high profile characters, at least have it be something vaguely resembling originality. Batman/Green Arrow. Superman/Green Lantern. Batman/Aquaman. Superman/Shazam. Mother of god why this again? Superman is not even that much of a draw in the comics industry any more.
    Yeah, Superman's totally not a big deal. That's why one of the highest profile writers in the industry is helming his books right now. [/sarcasm]

Love Marquez. Wish he were being put on a better book.

Fantastic Member

My teeth get whiter every time someone complains about Batman Who Laughs or Dark Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    My teeth get whiter every time someone complains about Batman Who Laughs or Dark Multiverse.
    We talking like eggshell or full on Joker white here?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say...man it sucks to be Donna Troy .
    It sucks to be a Titan right now.

While I welcome another Superman/Batman title I'm not keen on the spinning out of the YOTV part.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    “It becomes this mystery across not just this book but really the line,” Williamson said, suggesting that fans reading other series might have the chance to work out identities before the heroes do. “It's a thing where it's not just going to be focused on this one book; it starts here, but you're going to get a situation where, if you are reading the line, you might start piecing some stuff together before like bigger reveals happen. You might be like, 'Oh this weird thing's happening over here, I wonder if that's connected to the story here,' and that's cause, yeah. It is.”

Not going to lie this ^ interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I see that DC has decided to stop hiding their agenda and are openly going to smear, kill or derail the younger generation of heroes. Almost all of the suspects are from the Titans franchise or have ties to it.
    Well, after this they're set to relaunch all the Titans characters in a series called, "The Expendables."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I see that DC has decided to stop hiding their agenda and are openly going to smear, kill or derail the younger generation of heroes. Almost all of the suspects are from the Titans franchise or have ties to it.
    Who in the DCU isn’t attached to the Titans?

Fantastic Member

Williamson's quote about other books just indicates to me more "connective tissue" crap to boost sales, because it strongly hints you won't know the FULL story unless you're reading everything. Give crossovers a rest, DC.

Plus The Batman Who Must Appear In All Stories Now. Hooray. This book won't exist to tell World's Finest stories; it's here so that Scott Snyder's new pet stays in the picture while he writes a different story. I also do not care about this character, so his presence isn't drawing my interest at all.

I'll pick up an issue if Williamson gives editorial the finger and names Bendis's hack job on Jon Kent as a Dark Multiverse replacement, but other than that, think I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Is it just me or does Marquez's art look a little..off? The sketches look fine but the cover seems not up to his usual standard. Maybe I'm just not used to him drawing DC characters .

I still have no idea what the point of the Batman Who Laughs is.

So this is basically Millennium with the Secret Six in place of the Manhunters. Somehow I don't think this incarnation is going to be as popular as Gail Simone's take.

I'm hesitant over this "testing" concept because it feels like it might throw some characters under the bus or make them even more difficult to use. Especially when we know Donna is one of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, after this they're set to relaunch all the Titans characters in a series called, "The Expendables."
    D.C. is so obsessed with killing or derailing Titans, may as well turn them into a Suicide Squad that answers to the JL. With the death rate,Titans franchise is SS in everything but name and competence.SS has a better survival rate.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This exactly. As soon as this guy started to appear more and more I realized that DC/Snyder had found a Joker loophole. Joker works best if he’s seldomly used. This way they can keep Joker in their back pocket and just use this guy. Plus Snyder can make TBWL the unstoppable god villain he’s always trying to make the Joker. His Joker is so freaking OP it’s ridiculous.
    Are you and frontier both just acting like Joker hasn’t had a big role in justice league? You can hate on Snyder for your own reasons, but your complaints don’t even seem to come from reading the material.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Who in the DCU isn’t attached to the Titans?
    Lots of characters aren't attached to the Titans but some of the characters who are suspected of being corrupted are from the Titans franchise or were members at one point.

At the very least,DC might have something against the younger heroes.

The list of suspects included Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Ms.Martian,Kyle Rayner, Ms.Martian and Supergirl.