Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default "Avengers Endgame" - Missing details and potential future events

First of all, I'm not trying to enter into an endless debate about the laws of time travel, alternative dimensions, loops or contradicting what Banner or Stark said in the movie about it; but there's one detail you all should have in consideration. One detail that could certainly show us that, because of the Avengers and Thanos' manipulations of the Gems and their time travels, some consequences should happen in the reality of the MCU.

You see, there's one rule about the Infinity Gems that apparently everybody seems to have forgotten. The Infinity Gems certainly are some of the most powerful artifacts in the Marvel Universe, allowing you to control ANYTHING about reality itself. However, the Infinity Gems only work if you are in the same realities those gems came from. This means, if you take the Infinity Gems to the DC's Universe, they won't allow you to affect DC's reality at all. They would be just regular gems. The same thing happens with alternative realities. Each alternative dimension in the Marvel Universe has its own version of the Infinity Gems: Earth-616, Ultimate Universe, House of M, Marvel 2099, Age of Apocalypse... atc. And in each reality, you can only use the Infinity Gems to alter its native reality. In every other reality, the gems are useless. Which means, if you take the Infinity Gems from Earth-616 to the House of M's reality, they will be useless there. Or if you take 2099's Gems to Earth-616, they won't allow you to change reality either. Therefore, if the Avengers were capable to use the Infinity Gems from the past in their present to restore the dusted half of the universe AND destroy Thanos and his army, it means we are talking about the very same reality here; not alternative timelines or whatever.

This means reality should suffer somekind of "adjustment" to keep reality stable after the manipulations of both, the Avengers and Thanos. Remember, Thanos skipped to the future from the first movie of "Guardians of the Galaxy"; which means all his actions from that point to the present should have never happened. And reality should be "adapted" because of that. For example:
    - Maybe Thanos never went to Nidavellir to create the original Infinity Gauntlet, so Nidavellir and all the dwarves should be alive and well. Eitri could even still have his hands.
    - Thanos wasn't there to destroy Xandar and the Nova Corps, so they should be restored.
    - Thanos wasn't there to kill half of the survival Asgardians from Ragnarok, so they should still be alive, including Loki and Heimdall.
    - Thanos wasn't there to take the Mind Gem from Vision, so he should be restored too.
    - Also, if Cap returned the Infinity Gems back to their proper time once this was all over, when he returned the Soul Gem to Vormir, the deal about "a soul for a sol" should be "inverted", which should restore Natasha back to life.

And there's one final detail. No matter what Thanos said, he may have destroyed the Infinity Gems, but they were just vessels; the inmense power hosted inside of them CAN'T be destroyed. Like science says, "energy can't be destroyed". The power inside the Gems had to be sent somewhere else; and after the Avengers brought the past selves of the Gems to their present, I believe this could cause for the Infinity Gems from the present to be restored by themselves. Like I said, the power HAD to be sent somewhere, and the Gems restoring themselves in the most logical option.

Finally, the Russo's brothers said that, after taking the Soul Gem, Red Skull was freed from his curse, he left Vormir and started his own plans for the stones. That means, somewhere else, Red Skull is back in action, and taking Thanos' torch, he could become the next insane tyrant who wants to exploit the power of the Infinity Gems. And if he's going after the Gems now, it means they should be restored at some point, like I said.

Has it been stated in the MCU that the Infinity Gems wont work in other timelines? I know in the comics they only work in they're native universe.

Also we dont know that Thanos and his army didn't go on and do everything as planned. The plan was to send them back I dont see why Tony would just kill them instead of snapping them all back they're timeline without the memories of the future.

Also put Spoilers in the headline of the Thread.

Thanos didnt destroy the Gem really he said he reduced them to atoms spread across the universe or something if that nature. In the present they are gone for now and they wont be used by Redskull. We just spent all these phases dealing with the Infinity stone I guarrntee they are off the table for the near future. Baddies are gonna either need to be super powerful or find another Mcguffin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Has it been stated in the MCU that the Infinity Gems wont work in other timelines? I know in the comics they only work in they're native universe.

Also we dont know that Thanos and his army didn't go on and do everything as planned. The plan was to send them back I dont see why Tony would just kill them instead of snapping them all back they're timeline without the memories of the future.

Also put Spoilers in the headline of the Thread.

Thanos didnt destroy the Gem really he said he reduced them to atoms spread across the universe or something if that nature. In the present they are gone for now and they wont be used by Redskull. We just spent all these phases dealing with the Infinity stone I guarrntee they are off the table for the near future. Baddies are gonna either need to be super powerful or find another Mcguffin.
    The way the Ancient One talked about how the Infinity Gems keep the balance of reality, and if you remove one, it can create an alternative reality, was a way to explain that the Gems only work in their native universe.

Thanos discovered the Avengers' plan because the interface between Present Nebula and Past Nebula haywired. That's why he decided to skip to the future, and this time, instead of destroying only half of the Universe, he wanted to kill ALL life. And Tony killing Thanos was because he deserved to taste his own medicine. Tony knew Thanos will never stop, so he finished him for good instead of sending him back to his time. Otherwise, everything could start all over again.

The Avengers found Thanos after he destroyed the Gems; then we had the time skip of five years. During that time, the Gems could have perfectly restored themselves already, but stay hidden. And if MCU's Red Skull is just like his counterparts from the comics, we can bet he's not to let the Infinity Gems aside. He's that obsessive, just like he obsessed for decades with the Cosmic Cube.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The way the Ancient One talked about how the Infinity Gems keep the balance of reality, and if you remove one, it can create an alternative reality, was a way to explain that the Gems only work in their native universe.

I think "branched" realities are created by the mere presence of time traveling Avengers being in the past. That's a divergence.

Thanos discovered the Avengers' plan because the interface between Present Nebula and Past Nebula haywired. That's why he decided to skip to the future, and this time, instead of destroying only half of the Universe, he wanted to kill ALL life. And Tony killing Thanos was because he deserved to taste his own medicine. Tony knew Thanos will never stop, so he finished him for good instead of sending him back to his time. Otherwise, everything could start all over again.

The Avengers found Thanos after he destroyed the Gems; then we had the time skip of five years. During that time, the Gems could have perfectly restored themselves already, but stay hidden. And if MCU's Red Skull is just like his counterparts from the comics, we can bet he's not to let the Infinity Gems aside. He's that obsessive, just like he obsessed for decades with the Cosmic Cube.
    I think she was just pointing out by removing the Time stone it would create a branched timeline and doom another one darkness(no timestone to STOP dormammu). Did not here her say anything about stones not working in other universes.

Also if you think the next phase is just Redskull going what Thanos did but with different t goal your not giving Feigie and the writers enough credit. We just spend a decade on the Infinty gauntlet story they are gonna movie on to something else. We also have no evidence that the stones can reform on they're own, or that anyone knows how to reform them. stones could come back but I doubt we get another villain trying to collect the all again it's just repetitive and stale. I hope Redskull comes back but Cap is done so anyone he had a personal connection is gone. If anything Redskull can be apart of the Master of evil. But hes not gonna be the next universe threatening bad guy. Maybe he can play a role in what Bucky and falcon do next. But honestly it seemed like years of servitude had changed Redskull anyway. I think he just disappears untill Cap and the MCU gets rebooted. Also just edit the thread title and add spoilers to it.

Incredible Member

Killing Thanos left a big ol' time plot hole in the movie. Killing past Thanos essential erase all that happened in Infinity War. Yeah it was a emotional jackpot moment but it was the wrong thing to do. Just sending Thanos back to his own time with his memory erased would have kept the ending basically the same without creating any time headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Killing Thanos left a big ol' time plot hole in the movie. Killing past Thanos essential erase all that happened in Infinity War. Yeah it was a emotional jackpot moment but it was the wrong thing to do. Just sending Thanos back to his own time with his memory erased would have kept the ending basically the same without creating any time headaches.
    How do you know that wasnt what Tony did? The goal was to use the van to send them back so would be kinds dumb for Tony to not just use the stones to do that. Honestly we dont know exactly what Tony did when he snapped he coulda changed stuff we dont even know about yet.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How do you know that wasnt what Tony did? The goal was to use the van to send them back so would be kinds dumb for Tony to not just use the stones to do that. Honestly we dont know exactly what Tony did when he snapped he coulda changed stuff we dont even know about yet.
    Thanos and Co. disappeared the same way as half the galaxy did in Infinity War. And the van was to be used to send the stones back, it's never been shown to be able to transport as large a group as Thanos' entire armada.

I think a timeline without Thanos, Nebula, and Gamora would be prime real-estate for Loki to get the IG.

I am of the opinion that the Loki-12 that stole the space stone and the Thanos-14, Nebula-14, & Gamora-14 free timelines are 2 alternate realities created by Endgame but part of me wants to see them intersect just so Loki can get the IG.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In regards to the Ancient One: I think she was only implying removing the stones would lead to divergences, especially since she likely had insight in Dr. Strange needing the time stone in the future and without it the Earth falling into peril. And not that the stones automatically keep time in order.

In terms of timetravel - parodoxes etc. I just looked at as DBZ rules+

The absolute unbreakable rule is no matter what you do in the past it won't change the present.

Unlike DBZ time travel rules an alternate timeline isn't made just by traveling to the past, but it requires a major event.

So Loki escaping, and Thanos + army leaving create alternate timelines.
    We know killing someone from one of these alternate timelines doesn't do anything to the present because Present Nebula literally kills past Nebula and nothing happens.

The ending is what causes this to not just be considered straight DBZ time rules.

Cap retires and lives a quiet life. This apparently isn't enough to change anything and thus he stays in the main timeline.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    In regards to the Ancient One: I think she was only implying removing the stones would lead to divergences, especially since she likely had insight in Dr. Strange needing the time stone in the future and without it the Earth falling into peril. And not that the stones automatically keep time in order.

In terms of timetravel - parodoxes etc. I just looked at as DBZ rules+

The absolute unbreakable rule is no matter what you do in the past it won't change the present.

Unlike DBZ time travel rules an alternate timeline isn't made just by traveling to the past, but it requires a major event.

So Loki escaping, and Thanos + army leaving create alternate timelines.
    We know killing someone from one of these alternate timelines doesn't do anything to the present because Present Nebula literally kills past Nebula and nothing happens.

The ending is what causes this to not just be considered straight DBZ time rules.

Cap retires and lives a quiet life. This apparently isn't enough to change anything and thus he stays in the main timeline.
    Writers said Cap jumped back to say goodbye to Sam and pass on the mantle.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Writers said Cap jumped back to say goodbye to Sam and pass on the mantle.
    ...lol that could work, and would actually be much simpler than my idea, though my only question for that would be why didn't he reappear on the platform?
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    ...lol that could work, and would actually be much simpler than my idea, though my only question for that would be why didn't he reappear on the platform?
    Probably not wanting to interfere with the timeline but I think that's being nitpicky. It was more dramatic that way.

We comic book fans can get really nitpicky, hence the No-Prize explanations.

Incredible Member

According to the rules of the Soul Stone when Cap returned the stone back to the planet shouldn't he have gotten a soul back in exchange? Would have been a way for Natasha to come back. Instead of Cap returning back to the time platform Black Widow could have popped up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    According to the rules of the Soul Stone when Cap returned the stone back to the planet shouldn't he have gotten a soul back in exchange? Would have been a way for Natasha to come back. Instead of Cap returning back to the time platform Black Widow could have popped up instead.
    The rules stated that a life can be returned if you return the stone? I missed that part.