Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Watching endgame videos and future MCU rumors on YouTube. Saw a Looper Video that claims theres a chance that Remy Hii from crazy rich asians is playing Shang Chi and being introduced in Far from Home(The video points out the same reason I think that's Bs. Marvel ain't debuting one of they're characters in a movie that does belong to them) more then likely hes just a random character since hes not a super famous actor anyway, he just played the deuche cousin in Crazy rich Asians. But Mr Negative(Too young imo) is someone else the suggested, I think more likely if hes not just a random teacher or bad guy maybe hes Alastair Smythe. But I think his name in Crazy Rich asians was Allastair so that might be why

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Only presuming a Back to the Future style time travel set-up, which they obliterated as their version of time travel anyway. In the MCU, time travel doesn't result in changes to the past--it creates another reality. So, for example, by going back to the '70s, both Captain America and Tony Stark created an alternate version of that time period. It's pretty small in difference from the base MCU, all things considered. However, there are enough changes where it will change a few things about the universe. The same is especially true with what they did with Loki and the aftermath of The Avengers. Loki's getaway wasn't supposed to happen, Cap getting the scepter certainly wasn't supposed to occur either, the Ancient One and Banner weren't supposed to have their conversation, and past Cap and future Cap were never supposed to fight. This is a rather large change to this alternate reality--one that will probably have relatively devastating consequences for it. However, it is impossible to know for sure.

The biggest change is, of course, what you mentioned. When Old Nebula brought Thanos into the future, it only solidified that this alternate universe Thanos was now totally different from the previous universe's. That's why killing Old Nebula didn't kill New Nebula. She had become an alternate reality version of herself the second New Nebula stepped back in time. The same is true with Thanos--it doesn't undo what the original prime Thanos did. However, it does stop Thanos from being able to execute his plan in the alternate reality that was created by their time jump. So, Tony Stark wiping out Thanos and his army not only saves his 2023 universe--it saves the new universe that still is set in the year 2014.

I know a lot of people have been pointing out issues with this timeline stuff though. Some people have had the question about how Captain America went back to these other realities. Well, time is all relative. So, while days have passed since their insertion in these realities, my guess is that they can place Cap directly after the time that they "synced up" in that new universe and continue to alter the events of that universe (this time by replacing the stones where they go). This new reality that has already been created, thus, will not further branch off. As Hulk said, they can replace them as they left. Cap will go back in time to all these places and replace the stones in these realities so that no alternate reality exists without the stones where they should be.

The biggest question mark then is how did Captain America come back as old Cap? Well, the simplest answer seems to be the most logical one: Steve went back in time, created an alternative reality, and moved forward in time as usual. In this universe, there are two Caps. One does eventually get unfrozen (when that is is hard to say). One is able to just reunite with Peggy immediately. He's able to have his life. Of course, we know that he also has the ability to perform his duties as Captain America--which means that he would probably further affect the timeline by saving Bucky in this universe from years of torment. I would actually anticipate that some of these changes, while positive in the short term, could yield consequences dangerous for the universe in the long run. All this time meddling and creating alternative realities, I'm guessing will lead to Kang the Conqueror coming from one of the futures of these realities to the prime MCU, where his counterpart never dealt with these consequences.
    Can't really buy making changes in the past creates an alternate time line that shoots off the change while the present time line continues on unchanged. They're basically creating something (an entire galaxy) out of nothing.

One thing is if they stick with the rule that you can't change your past then Stark was right (partly) in that time travel is impossible because just traveling in the past can change your timeline. But if the Avengers time traveled into an alternate Marvel Earth they could and change that past that doesn't affect their present. If it's impossible to change their past then any attempt would shunt them to an alternate Marvel Earth that is almost exactly like their own Earth. This takes care of all the time hiccups of a past Thanos dying in the present and Gamora being alive and Nebula killing her past self. Also the changes they mistakenly made with allowing Loki to escape and Cap. America beating himself up.

Nor sure they should have taken all the stones back. While some were important (like the Time stone needing going back for Dr. Strange to use and the Tesseract going back to create Capt. Marvel [I think, haven't watched the movie yet]) don't see why the Soul stone has to go back. It was just sitting at the planet waiting for Thanos to come for it doing nothing so the Avengers could have just kept it keeping it safe from others taking it (what's it good for anyway, don't read Marvel).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Can't really buy making changes in the past creates an alternate time line that shoots off the change while the present time line continues on unchanged.

Nor sure they should have taken all the stones back.
    Taking the stones out of their timelines created alternate timelines. They needed to be put back so all the alternate timelines would be erased.

I really think people are over thinking the whole time travel and timelines thing. The movie Infinity Stones obviously work differently than the comic book ones in that they can affect realities they don't come from. No matter what you think of time travel, here it can't possibly change your future, merely create alternate realities. And they returned the Stones to their original times to try and avoid creating timelines too different from their own, although they obviously messed that up. And Cap grew old with Peggy in a different timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Okay but what about the other Caps in those times? Wasn't it their present too?
    His new line is "I can do this all the time."

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    His new line is "I can do this all the time."
    What? Is that a play on his "I can do this all day" saying?,

Edit. I'm dumb ignore this I get it lol
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

HAAA!!! I was right!!! (Well, at least, about one thing). But it has been confirmed by the directors. The Infinity Stones were destroyed, but their "essence/power" still exist in the Marvel Universe. What I said, just like with magic, the gems were mere vessels; those CAN be destroyed, but the power/energy they contain CAN'T. They are still out there, somewhere, and I bet whatever you want that they WILL return.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Taking the stones out of their timelines created alternate timelines. They needed to be put back so all the alternate timelines would be erased.
    The Time stone had to go back for Dr. Strange to use in his later battle and the Mind stone needed to go back give Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver their powers and bring Vision to life. But the Soul stone wasn't needed for anything but to wait for Thanos to grab it for the gauntlet and trade Gamora's soul for it. And Thanos is now dead (before he ever grabbed the stone) so what alternate timeline would be created that isn't already created with his premature death?

BANNED

The Time stone had to go back for Dr. Strange to use in his later battle and the Mind stone needed to go back give Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver their powers and bring Vision to life. But the Soul stone wasn't needed for anything but to wait for Thanos to grab it for the gauntlet and trade Gamora's soul for it. And Thanos is now dead (before he ever grabbed the stone) so what alternate timeline would be created that isn't already created with his premature death?
    As was explained by The Ancient One in the movie, removing any stone from the timeline creates a new timeline. Not new event within a timeline.

Incredible Member

As was explained by The Ancient One in the movie, removing any stone from the timeline creates a new timeline. Not new event within a timeline.
    Removing any stone or changing any event? If it's just the stones then Loki getting away with the Tesseract would not change any events happening after that. Does that mean Loki still ended up going back with Thor to Asgard and the Tesseract remains at Asgard and Thanos still takes the Time stone from Strange and ends up 'dusting' half the universe even though 2012 Thanos time jumped to 2019 and ended up 'dusted' himself and so never ended up gaining the stones at all.

BANNED

Removing any stone or changing any event?
    Removing any stone. Changing events is irrelevant.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    HAAA!!! I was right!!! (Well, at least, about one thing). But it has been confirmed by the directors. The Infinity Stones were destroyed, but their "essence/power" still exist in the Marvel Universe. What I said, just like with magic, the gems were mere vessels; those CAN be destroyed, but the power/energy they contain CAN'T. They are still out there, somewhere, and I bet whatever you want that they WILL return.
    Thanos said he reduced the stones to atoms.

A stone or 2 may return occasionally but I highly doubt they'll be a major factor going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Thanos said he reduced the stones to atoms.

A stone or 2 may return occasionally but I highly doubt they'll be a major factor going forward.
    Oh, you can bet they WILL. I mean, the moment everyone will realize the stones are back, they will want to keep them hide to avoid another Thanos to appear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Oh, you can bet they WILL. I mean, the moment everyone will realize the stones are back, they will want to keep them hide to avoid another Thanos to appear.
    Eh, there may be references to them, but the story of the stones has been told. No way they are coming back.

Eh, there may be references to them, but the story of the stones has been told. No way they are coming back.
    Not within the next five years. Rest assured, since Marvel has all their properties under one house, my money's on this saga resurfacing at some point.