Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    I don't see a reason why she shouldn't be just as strong as him.That's what she was meant to be.
    But he was meant by his writers to be the strongest, as in nobody is as physically strong as him. And that's kind of the only niche he has left among the major DC heroes, whereas Diana has the greatest fighter status (that they need to put more consistent effort in, but still: good on paper) and lacks any of his weaknesses. In fact, she doesn't really have any noteworthy ones, and the tying the bracelets together thing has wisely been left in the past.

If they were to have 10 fights, I'd say Clark would win 5 and she'd win 5 for different reasons. We really don't need her to be exactly She-Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    But he was meant by his writers to be the strongest, as in nobody is as physically strong as him. And that's kind of the only niche he has left among the major DC heroes, whereas Diana has the greatest fighter status (that they need to put more consistent effort in, but still: good on paper) and lacks any of his weaknesses. In fact, she doesn't really have any noteworthy ones, and the tying the bracelets together thing has wisely been left in the past.

If they were to have 10 fights, I'd say Clark would win 5 and she'd win 5 for different reasons. We really don't need her to be exactly She-Superman.
    superman borrowed from captain marvel. cm used to have better feats than superman.

She should be as strong as him in myy opinion. And as things stand right now, she is below him by a considerable margin. Even in post crisis, the gap between their strength was bigger than some people want to accept. Wonder Woman needs to be treated as a serious tank when it comes to her physical capability to take on heavy hitters. She is supposed to be one, but they don't show it that much. I'm not saying that she should win easily all her fights. I'm saying they need to show more of her capability as a heavy hitter, as a tank that can take a great deal of damage and last long trading blows with other heavy hitters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

superman borrowed from captain marvel. cm used to have better feats than superman.
    Which doesn't matter, because CM wasn't a DC property when that went down, and when he eventually became one, he was initially on another Earth. DC took what what was working for their competition and worked it into their stuff, which is what these companies do all the time. As far as his creators and DC were concerned, he was their flagship character and their strongest. It's always been the case, and there really hasn't been a valid reason to upend that that isn't steeped in its own fandom biases. His villains are often JL level threats, but he also often deals with them solo.

But:

She should be as strong as him in myy opinion. And as things stand right now, she is below him by a considerable margin. Even in post crisis, the gap between their strength was bigger than some people want to accept. Wonder Woman needs to be treated as a serious tank when it comes to her physical capability to take on heavy hitters. She is supposed to be one, but they don't show it that much. I'm not saying that she should win easily all her fights. I'm saying they need to show more of her capability as a heavy hitter, as a tank that can take a great deal of damage and last long trading blows with other heavy hitters.
    I agree that the margin should not be considerable. If (for some stupid, mindless reason) they fight, she's one of the few whose innate strength can cause him pain when she lands a blow. If, say, there is an army of Phantom Zone criminals breaking out she should be at the forefront in dealing with them. We shouldn't have stuff like Nord's art making her look weak or getting shot by a gun (PRIEST- what the hell man? You're better than this).

And Batman shouldn't be taking out any of her villains. Can we have Cheetah swat him around a bit please?

Diana has human villains how should they be handled? I mean Blue Snowman is human.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Diana has human villains how should they be handled? I mean Blue Snowman is human.
    So does nearly every other hero. The biggest villains for Superman and Captain Marvel to use as examples since they were brought up are a couple of unpowered bald egg heads. Continuing from that, Supermans other villains include Prankster, Toyman, and Doctor Zee.

Just treat them like any other villain. Back in the golden age its not like her unpowered villains just ran at Wonder Woman head first and were shown being an even match for her. Generally they would use trickery and subtefuge, going out of their way to combat Wonder Woman without actually facing her head on.

To use Blue Snowman as an example since you brought em up, they had a weather machine which released blue snow which put anything into cryo stasis which could not be melted by anything except a specific chemical compound. They had an army of robotic duplicates which were a challenge for Wonder Woman simply by coming in sheer numbers. And Blue Snowman generally tended to sit back and operate from the shadows threatening and blackmailing, avoiding a direct confrontation because like many of Wonder Womans villains, Blue Snowman was more the sort to hole up and plot from the shadows instead of jumping up on a pedestal for Wonder Woman to challenge head on.

Though on that note the golden age did give Blue Snowman a mechanized body suit, with post crisis further giving em a giant robot snowman.

Personally I find the villains who are simply mindless physical threats to be more boring since they don't offer as much in terms of story

Well Superman has kryptonite, if Diana has the same strength and invulnerability as Superman shouldn't she have her own kryptonite as well?

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Well Superman has kryptonite, if Diana has the same strength and invulnerability as Superman shouldn't she have her own kryptonite as well?
    Shes had several over the years. The problem is that her weaknesses seem to keep changing every time they change her origin.
    For example back in the golden age her powers stemmed from 'psychic super strength' meaning anything which could make her incapapable of focusing on using her strength effectivly left her powerless.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Her kryptonite is bad writers and inconsistent powers. Just look at her in the current movies as an example besides the comic book form itself.

I mean Diana doesn't get to many weakness. I mean unless you go back to her bracelets. Maybe the amazons due have a second form and they need their bracelets? That's it's from their special training.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Make the Amazonium bracelets vibration absorbent like Marvel's vibranium (I'm going by Cap's shield in his first movie). Bullets don't ricochet off them, they just fall harmlessly to the ground. This is why she catches them on her bracelets, more for the benefit of anyone else caught in the crossfire than her. They would just bounce off of her.

We need to keep Bullets and Bracelets because it's part of her iconography, just give a simple and sensible reason for it to exist.

I'm not familiar with her comics mythos, just the movie, animation and TV show, but I always thought she was super strong and that included strong resistance to physical injury from things like bullets, and she only used the bracelets to stop bullets because it looked cool and showed her ability as a warrior. So when I recently saw that bullets can hurt her, I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm not familiar with her comics mythos, just the movie, animation and TV show, but I always thought she was super strong and that included strong resistance to physical injury from things like bullets, and she only used the bracelets to stop bullets because it looked cool and showed her ability as a warrior. So when I recently saw that bullets can hurt her, I was confused.
    Thats another one of those things the comics have long been inconsistant over.
    Pre crisis she was super strong but lacked invulnerability. Nowadays shes tough and capable of withstanding a punch from Superman with no trouble but any sort of sharp object can cut through her like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Thats another one of those things the comics have long been inconsistant over.
    Pre crisis she was super strong but lacked invulnerability. Nowadays shes tough and capable of withstanding a punch from Superman with no trouble but any sort of sharp object can cut through her like anyone else.
    the new live action movie showed that she could heal from injuries really fast. It seemed he strength was increasing with age. How old was she supposed to be in the movie when she left the island?

I don't see a reason why she shouldn't be just as strong as him.That's what she was meant to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    For me, it's because I don't want her to just be a female Superman. If you give her his strength + his invulnerability + her reflexes + her magic + her training then that puts her above Superman to me.

They should be equal in power but different in what they can do.
    Myself, I like Diana equal or higher than Superman. They still do things differently and I don't think of WW as a female Superman. That would be Supergirl. Diana still has her Lasso, Bracelets, Tiara, etc. But WW should be as strong as Superman and almost as invulnerable.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Wonder Woman fights gods, and mythic monsters. Hardly then midtier fare. Her creature clearly intended for her to be superman tier.

I’m curious and I don’t like Diana being actually like Batman or Superman but what about her cave? I always liked the idea of a pocket dimension. Unlike Clarke or Bruce she can carry it around or her bracelets carry everything