Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Depending on which version you go with Diana should always be more powerful than Kal el to me anyway.i think some writers just write Superman more powerful is because he's a Man.Diana's original clay origin were she was blessed with the life and powers by the Gods.her 2nd origin the Daughter of Zues and Hippolyta both has an mystical aspect to them and she was trained from childhood in forms of battle so she has experience in combat also Magic is one of Kal's weaknesses.but because he's DC's 1st Superhero that's why he has to be the most powerful.
    There really isn't a reason to make her always stronger aside from some WW fans wanting it, and that's not a compelling reason by itself because it's steeped in its own biases And him being the granddaddy of the genre as we know it and being the strongest in wider pop culture (and an abundance of source material backing that up) is all the reason they need to keep that status for him. He's still not a better fighter than her, and she's a close #2 among a VAST amount of superheroes.

What does the source of her powers have to do with her being stronger? She doesn't have a magical aura or something that makes him weaker when he gets near her. He's not that vulnerable to magic and never has been. Captain Marvel is much more explicitly magical and he can take punches from him.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I finally got around to seeing Avengers Endgame yesterday and while Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel is quite unbearably smug and overbearing, I really envy how hugely powerful she is. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman doesn’t even have all her powers AND she’s chopped bloody liver, whoo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    1. That was what her creator meant for her to be and he was quite clear when he stated as much.

2. During the Golden Age, she towed the sun back into place to sort of back up this 'really really strong' concept

3. At various times throughout the history of DC, she has been the one to fight him to a standstill. Batman pointed out that she was the only one able to stop Superman if he were to go rogue.

I'm of the 'she's definitely an alpha hero' school of thought myself but think she should be a hair less stronger than Superman but more skilled.
    Very. Much. Agree!

Plus, I do not think any of the female or male foes WW ever fought in the Golden age were stronger than Diana. She proved right from the start that she was the strongest.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I finally got around to seeing Avengers Endgame yesterday and while Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel is quite unbearably smug and overbearing, I really envy how hugely powerful she is. Meanwhile, Wonder Woman doesn’t even have all her powers AND she’s chopped bloody liver, whoo hoo
    Her character is kind of different from her own movie. She never came of as dead serious character in her own movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Her character is kind of different from her own movie. She never came of as dead serious character in her own movie.
    Who? mcu cm? She has the same facial expression in her movie and eg. More than serious i would say she seems dead on the inside. Power levels are an important aspect. But character development is important as well. I don't want DCEU WW to be weak. But i don't want her character to be portrayed like mcu cm either.

I think WW being as strong as sm is how things should be, since she was meant to be that strong since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Who? mcu cm? She has the same facial expression in her movie and eg. More than serious i would say she seems dead on the inside. Power levels are an important aspect. But character development is important as well. I don't want DCEU WW to be weak. But i don't want her character to be portrayed like mcu cm either.

I think WW being as strong as sm is how things should be, since she was meant to be that strong since day 1.
    I respectfully disagree with you on CM.

Anyway Good luck with Wonder Woman even flying let alone being as strong as Superman
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 05-15-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Her and Scarlet Witch are the most powerful in the Marvel cinematic universe. Our own Wonder Woman doesn't come close!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Her and Scarlet Witch are the most powerful in the Marvel cinematic universe. Our own Wonder Woman doesn't come close!
    We live in sad times.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 05-15-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Diana is clearly meant to be on par with Clark/Kal from the outset of her origin, but has suffered from stagnating, comparatively, through the ages while Supes became omnipotent.

Not her fault, but clearly sexism and neglect took over.

Since Crisis, Diana has been on the uptick in terms of how she's stated to be as powerful as or a near second to Superman. Those words are okay, but we need to see a great more number of powerful feats and skills to back up what DC says about Wonder Woman.

I'm curious if it's editorial interference that makes a writer and artist not go for broke and portray her as the powerhouse she is by design?

One thing I'm confused on is are weakness. Diana is at some point weak to magic or not. By that I mean by small magic. How good should her be able to naturally have defence? Also how fast and in terms of raw strength should she be to Clarke?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Diana is clearly meant to be on par with Clark/Kal from the outset of her origin, but has suffered from stagnating, comparatively, through the ages while Supes became omnipotent.

Since Crisis, Diana has been on the uptick in terms of how she's stated to be as powerful as or a near second to Superman. Those words are okay, but we need to see a great more number of powerful feats and skills to back up what DC says about Wonder Woman.

I'm curious if it's editorial interference that makes a writer and artist not go for broke and portray her as the powerhouse she is by design?
    You know, I wonder what would have happened to Diana's power levels had she had the kind of decade-long publication rival that [The Real] Captain Marvel provided Superman? I'm convinced that Superman's omnipotence was not a result of natural story progression, but of the arms race CM's success sparked.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You know, I wonder what would have happened to Diana's power levels had she had the kind of decade-long publication rival that [The Real] Captain Marvel provided Superman? I'm convinced that Superman's omnipotence was not a result of natural story progression, but of the arms race CM's success sparked.
    You both make great points--ones I have "Wondered" about myself---I think both seem likely reasons.

BANNED

I respectfully disagree with you on CM.

Anyway Good luck with Wonder Woman even flying let alone being as strong as Superman
    It's ok. That's just the way i see it.

Wonder Woman hasn't been as strong as Superman for decades. Before going there, we first need better and more consistent writing in and out of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    It's ok. That's just the way i see it.

Wonder Woman hasn't been as strong as Superman for decades. Before going there, we first need better and more consistent writing in and out of comics.
    Comics is not gonna change it. It is the movies that shape opinion of general audience.

Who is the strongest Marvel hero? Captain Marvel or scarlet Witch

Who is strongest DC hero? Superman or Shazam. Maybe supergirl and Jessica Cruz considering DC seem to pushing them in superhero girls show

Black Adam is already teased to be stronger than superman by The Rock

BANNED

Comics is not gonna change it. It is the movies that shape opinion of general audience.

Who is the strongest Marvel hero? Captain Marvel or scarlet Witch

Who is strongest DC hero? Superman or Shazam. Maybe supergirl and Jessica Cruz considering DC seem to pushing them in superhero girls show

Black Adam is already teased to be stronger than superman by The Rock
    In the mcu maybe. In the comics she is not even close. And yes that is also a reality. It's also there.

shazam is not the stronget hero in DC comics or the movies. He wasn't even that impressive in his movie.