Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default [Endgame spoilers of course] So the strongest Avenger in MCU should really be...

...Scarlet Witch, right? Not only did she overpower Thanos(and it didn't seem like too much effort), she broke his blade, which can cut through Cap's shield! Her holding off five stone gauntlet Thanos while simultaneously destroying the mind-stone doesn't seem much of an outlier now.

I’d put Danvers above Wanda overall. Wanda’s kind of a Squishy Wizard, as demonstrated in Infinity War.

Not sure if I’m a 1v1 Wanda could crush Thanos’ body or if she’d wear out. She couldn’t exactly contain the bomb in Civil War.

I think her powers get amplified by strong emotion, as shown in Age of Ultron. She might wear out before being able to finish Thanos off 1 on 1.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Ultimate Member

Overall its Carol just because Wanda is a bit of a glass canon.

Although the "Thanos Crusher" pretty much puts her above everyone.

Yeah, Wanda was more enraged than ever before, and that had to be a factor.

Everyone who gets their powers from an Infinity Gem seems to be more powerful than expected, even granting Vision life. But yeah, as powerful as Wanda is, a good punch is all you need to take her out. By contrast, Carol no-sold a headbutt from Thanos.

Though, it should also be said that the Thanos they fought didn't have knowledge of them before (Thanos even breaking into "For me it was Tuesday" M. Bison territory to Scarlet Witch), whereas Infinity War Thanos studied Earth's heroes. So part of his formidable nature in battle includes a decent amount of prep time and knowledge.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-29-2019 at 12:22 AM.

When it comes to sheer concentrated power output Scarlet witch is the strongest.

Thanos was getting f'd up, and i don't think she would wear out, as she was showing no sign of it, while Thanos was freaking out and basically screaming to his gigantic airship to" screw my army, bombard the entire ground cause I'm getting my butt whooped over here."

Carol is the strongest physically. she also overpowered Thanos, and would probably win if it wasn't for the power stone. Thanos still seemed like the better fighter for what its worth.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    When it comes to sheer concentrated power output Scarlet witch is the strongest.

Thanos was getting f'd up, and i don't think she would wear out, as she was showing no sign of it, while Thanos was freaking out and basically screaming to his gigantic airship to" screw my army, bombard the entire ground cause I'm getting my butt whooped over here."

Carol is the strongest physically. she also overpowered Thanos, and would probably win if it wasn't for the power stone. Thanos still seemed like the better fighter for what its worth.
    Yeah, Thanos was pretty much pissing his pants. like, he could barely make out the command at that point.

Carol was forcing Thanos hand open and would likely have even taken the gauntlet off him without him using the power stone. She's pretty OP.

*vibrating with excitement*
    I don't even care who's stronger between them. The raw emotion in Wanda's burning red eyes is such a ridiculously good scene. It was tremendously exciting. Like stupdendously so.

And when Cap got the hammer? The sound that tore out of my throat wasn't human.

...yes this thread has now become my "endgame support group". Deal with it.
    *vibrates out of thread*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It occurs to me that there is now a bit of an asskicking Kevin Bacon thing going on: Hawkeye defeated Scarlet Witch, who basically defeated Thanos before the barrage from his army.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It occurs to me that there is now a bit of an asskicking Kevin Bacon thing going on: Hawkeye defeated Scarlet Witch, who basically defeated Thanos before the barrage from his army.
    I *think* Tasha is 3-0 against Clint in the movies, soooo...

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I *think* Tasha is 3-0 against Clint in the movies, soooo...
    Bucky owned Nat as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Overall its Carol just because Wanda is a bit of a glass canon.

Although the "Thanos Crusher" pretty much puts her above everyone.
    I still wouldn't place Carol above Thor, you can't really count his showings in Endgame, not after how many times they said he was out of shape.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I still wouldn't place Carol above Thor, you can't really count his showings in Endgame, not after how many times they said he was out of shape.
    Ya Thor was definitely weaker the hulk was probably weaker to?

BANNED

Cool

when Wanda alights before Black Panther and takes on thanos who was heading for him I almost expected BP to shout out WANDA FOREVER!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya Thor was definitely weaker the hulk was probably weaker to?
    You could tell in the New York battle scene Professor Hulk is visibly smaller than Actual Hulk.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, Thor getting fat doesn't mean that he's weaker, considering that his physical strength probably doesn't have much to do with exercise, given how few things there are too cause him to even come close to exerting himself enough to count as exercise. Thor was still close enough to Thanos in strength to maintain a blade lock with him where Thanks was only gradually able to push him back, which is better than Hulk did, so unless Guardians of the Galaxy 1 era Thanos was busy weaker than Thor Ragnarok or Avengers Infinity War era Thanos, that seems to indicate Thor may have actually gotten stronger in the intervening years.