So, from the top ten books, DC had:
    1rst - Detective Comics #1000 ($9.99) - 526,941 copies
    2nd - Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight #1 ($4.99) - 133,656 copies
    3rd - Doomsday Clock #9 ($4.99) - 120,079 copies
    4th - Batman #67 ($3.99) - 84,463 copies
    5th - Batman #66 ($3.99) - 83,102 copies
    6th - Heroes In Crisis #7 ($3.99) - 78,587 copies
    10th - Justice League #20 ($3.99) - 64,675 copies

The 7th - 9th place spots were Spider-Man related titles from Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, from the top ten books, DC had:
    1rst - Detective Comics #1000 ($9.99) - 526,941 copies
    2nd - Batman Who Laughs: The Grim Knight #1 ($4.99) - 133,656 copies
    3rd - Doomsday Clock #9 ($4.99) - 120,079 copies
    4th - Batman #67 ($3.99) - 84,463 copies
    5th - Batman #66 ($3.99) - 83,102 copies
    6th - Heroes In Crisis #7 ($3.99) - 78,587 copies
    10th - Justice League #20 ($3.99) - 64,675 copies

The 7th - 9th place spots were Spider-Man related titles from Marvel.
    thanks to Batman

BANNED

Ouch, those figures for Action Comics....

Meanwhile Aquaman sinks every month at a lower level, just hoovering above the stats of cullen bunn run, so much for the breath of fresh air KSD had to bring in.

LCShops will soon be but a small representation of the total readership.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    thanks to Batman
    What else is new ?
    Meanwhile Aquaman sinks every month at a lower level, just hoovering above the stats of cullen bunn run, so much for the breath of fresh air KSD had to bring in.
    I think they should've just flat out relaunched it.

Not that I'm a fan of constant relaunches but it seems like some creative changes/shifts call for it more then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What else is new ?

I think they should've just flat out relaunched it.

Not that I'm a fan of constant relaunches but it seems like some creative changes/shifts call for it more then others.
    as I often wrote, they had a golden opportunity handed by the movie, instead they went through this boring story arc that instead of attracting new readers, is losing the old ones. The current story adds nothing to Aquaman except tattoos, it could have been done with any other character from the DCU, since of Aquaman it has nothing.

When the strongest point of Aquaman has been for the last decade the interaction between Mera and Arthur, how on earth you take Mera out of the picture? She appears more in JL than in the book she's the co-star.

Aquaman risks being cancelled like Green Arrow.

Btw...
    DC must be really disappointed with Heroes in Crisis, considering Brightest Day sold better.

Heroes in Crisis #7 - 78,587
    Brightest Day #7 - 93,459

And DC still scrapped the post-Brightest Day plans to do a reboot.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Btw...
    DC must be really disappointed with Heroes in Crisis, considering Brightest Day sold better.

Heroes in Crisis #7 - 78,587
    Brightest Day #7 - 93,459

And DC still scrapped the post-Brightest Day plans to do a reboot.
    And Brightest Day wasn't even really an event book .
    as I often wrote, they had a golden opportunity handed by the movie, instead they went through this boring story arc that instead of attracting new readers, is losing the old ones. The current story adds nothing to Aquaman except tattoos, it could have been done with any other character from the DCU, since of Aquaman it has nothing.

When the strongest point of Aquaman has been for the last decade the interaction between Mera and Arthur, how on earth you take Mera out of the picture? She appears more in JL than in the book she's the co-star.

Aquaman risks being cancelled like Green Arrow.
    Although I think it also has a higher rate of relaunch potential then Green Arrow (which I'm sure they're relaunching).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Brightest Day wasn't even really an event book .

Although I think it also has a higher rate of relaunch potential then Green Arrow (which I'm sure they're relaunching).
    granted, but isn't it a waste, when you had the opportunity handed by the movie?

Astonishing Member

granted, but isn't it a waste, when you had the opportunity handed by the movie?
    The movie wouldn't really help the sales. You can see this with Captain Marvel.

Unfortunately, success in other media doesn't translate in comic sales. It is one the problems that comics aren't accessible for new readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The movie wouldn't really help the sales. You can see this with Captain Marvel.

Unfortunately, success in other media doesn't translate in comic sales. It is one the problems that comics aren't accessible for new readers.
    I beg to disagree, following the movie Geoff Jones Aquaman Omnibus was sold out in matter of days, they had to rush to a reprint. Comic Sales rose following the movie, however they soon dived, because in the comic there was nothing to relate to it. Aquaman is called Andy not Arthur Curry. How on earth can a new reader relate to a character that has nothing of the one he saw in the movie. Now they rushed to give him tattoos like Momoa. But Jason Momoa's Aquaman is now identified in collective imagination in his iconic orange outfit not from tattoos.
    In the movie besides Aquaman, the character of Mera stood out, a new reader would be of the idea to find her in the comic, surprise, she had been put in a fridge.
    They had the chance, they simply threw it away. I am not saying that there would have been a huge increase in new readers, but for a comic book like Aquaman a 5k increase would have been a huge success, instead from abnett's last issue they lost 14K readers.

Astonishing Member

I beg to disagree, following the movie Geoff Jones Aquaman Omnibus was sold out in matter of days, they had to rush to a reprint. Comic Sales rose following the movie, however they soon dived, because in the comic there was nothing to relate to it. Aquaman is called Andy not Arthur Curry. How on earth can a new reader relate to a character that has nothing of the one he saw in the movie. Now they rushed to give him tattoos like Momoa. But Jason Momoa's Aquaman is now identified in collective imagination in his iconic orange outfit not from tattoos.
    In the movie besides Aquaman, the character of Mera stood out, a new reader would be of the idea to find her in the comic, surprise, she had been put in a fridge.
    They had the chance, they simply threw it away. I am not saying that there would have been a huge increase in new readers, but for a comic book like Aquaman a 5k increase would have been a huge success, instead from abnett's last issue they lost 14K readers.
    The sales are increased for a month, but this increase in sales don't last.

Captain Marvel #1 has pretty good sales too, but the sales of this comic fall pretty hard the next moth.

I don't think Aquaman would mantain the sales, even if the comic is more similar to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The sales are increased for a month, but this increase in sales don't last.

Captain Marvel #1 has pretty good sales too, but the sales of this comic fall pretty hard the next moth.

I don't think Aquaman would mantain the sales, even if the comic is more similar to the film.
    its debatable, whatever, the problem now is not about potential new readers, its the old readers that are dropping the book. 14k readers less in 5 months for Aquaman means alot, on the path of Green Arrow unfortunately.