Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    People say they want less batman content, but money talks
    Those are books BOUGHT by stores.

Most of those books will end up in bins at the store, con or places like Movie Trading Post-where I saw a TON of those books for a dollar yesterday. And he was not alone-Barry, Hal, Superman & Titans were there too in bulk.
    Movie Trading Post gets some of those books in bulk from LOL comic book stores looking to get RID of stock.
    Half Price books. You know how many newly release books I have seen in their bins? Especially if that book is Flash, Green Arrow, Titans, Batman, Superman, Action Comics & Justice League.
    Stores have no trouble doing this because it's EASIER to get rid of those books someway. In other words you will get SOMETHING for Batman. The downside of it is-folks like ME know this. That is why we WAIT.

Wait, I thought Naomi was getting sold out? Does that mean they only printed a low number of them?
    Copies sold to STORES.
    When you see a book gets reprinted that is nothing more than making more copies for a store to order.

Issue is you end up going to SOME stores and seeing multiple printings (looking at YOU Star Wars #1). Naomi in my city for the most part does sell all of its issues.
    That might have to do with it ending at issue 6.

So I would expect the trade sale to be VERY good.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Yeah, it is fair, because comparing sales from the same point last year isn't a true comparison. March 2018 is the tail end of the Rebirth run, when it was known that Bendis would be taking over and sales tapered off because of it.

March was Bendis's ninth month on the main titles. His books did roughly 49K/43K. The ninth month of Rebirth, the books were at around 55K/43K. Rebirth Superman didn't have an issue drop below 50K in sales until #27; Bendis did it on issue #9.

Again, he's lost readers every issue but one. Action Comics sales are almost half of what they were for his first issue. Sales of Superman are quickly approaching half of what they started at (and that's not counting the spike for Bendis's Superman 1, which sold 133K because of speculators - almost two-thirds of that total is gone).

DC got a spike at the start of Bendis's Super-run, as many relaunches get; however, almost all of that has been squandered in just under a year.
    I wonder if it's less something to compare to Rebirth and more just comparing to how much the market might have changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Issue is you end up going to SOME stores and seeing multiple printings (looking at YOU Star Wars #1). Naomi in my city for the most part does sell all of its issues.

So I would expect the trade sale to be VERY good.
    Naomi ends at six so that the artist can have a break - it'll be back for a second season later. It's not cancelled.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    . . . Naomi in my city for the most part does sell all of its issues.
    But, how many copies are ordered by the store in the first place? Are enough ordered so that the book can stay on the shelves for a little while so somebody can discover it, or do they order maybe a handful of copies (at most) beyond what customers have pre-requested?

If books sell out, does that mean the store should order more in the future, or are they ordering just enough copies? Could they sell more if they ordered more copies in the first place?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if it's less something to compare to Rebirth and more just comparing to how much the market might have changed since then.
    That's worth discussing. I think there's general agreement the market has shrunk over the last year or so; depending on how much, that's definitely something that should be taken into consideration when comparing sales at similar points in the run. The same would be true for the comparisons some made between New 52 and Rebirth. But even with that, the numbers are trending in the wrong direction for Bendis on Superman, and I don't know if or how much the reduced market accounts for how quickly the drop has happened.

But then, I also don't really think it matters too much. Bendis could be drawing under 30K per title and he'd still be on Superman as long as he wants.

Well things are going down the gurgler for some titles. And next month 10 of the DC titles will be down thanks to my DCU departure.

So where are all these new and mainstream readers they keep creating stories for?

DC is going to have 3 events going on at the same time this summer. Snyder, King, and Bendis are all going to be doing events for their group titles and it will probably lead to another event too after. So with that and all the tie ins the sales will probably jump up for a while.