Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    . . . Crossovers and big events are harder because a lot of them do have appealing concept, like how Snyder introduced the Dark Multiverse.
    Really?

The "Dark Universe" qualifies as an "appealing concept"?

(Who knew? . . . )

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really?

The "Dark Universe" qualifies as an "appealing concept"?

(Who knew? . . . )
    What about it that's not appealing? It's a whole multiverse where they can produce various amalgam villains if they want. Right now they only use Batman + Justice League members, but that's only from 5-6 Earths. You can make many evil combination of any two heroes or villains from the other 40+ earths.

BANNED

Even Nightwing rolling in **** sells better than Barbara lol Make Cassandra batgirl again !

First time for while Nightwing ranked higher than Batgirl.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Even Nightwing rolling in **** sells better than Barbara lol Make Cassandra batgirl again !
    Cassandra as Batgirl would likely sell worse than Barbara in the current market.

It isn't a easy market. I mean Nightwing comic sells 26K even before Ric.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    First time all year Nightwing ranked higher than Batgirl.
    Curiously, sales of Nightwing fell to 25K in March.

The sales of Batgirl have likely fallen due to the change of artist for the variant cover in March.

I suspect the reason why Batgirl sales previous months were 30K-29K is because there is demand for variant covers of Joshua Middleton.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-05-2019 at 12:42 PM.

What about it that's not appealing? It's a whole multiverse where they can produce various amalgam villains if they want. Right now they only use Batman + Justice League members, but that's only from 5-6 Earths. You can make many evil combination of any two heroes or villains from the other 40+ earths.
    Personally, in my case, it's an idea that doesn't appeal a lot to me. I prefer original, new villains with their own origin stories. I've never been a fan of "it's this character, but evil because..." There are some nice stories out there that I do like that play this trope, but not many. The whole universe itself has an appeal, but isn't almost the same than Earth 3 (and a few other multiverse Earths I cannot remember)? I'm asking because I am not reading metal and any of the stories that go with it.

In any case, what I mean is, I get that it's made for fun and plays the rule of cool just straight, but it doesn't mean it has to appeal to everyone. It has its readers.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.

It's even bigger than that : it allows DC to create both dark and extremely light worlds, worlds without any heroes from the main Universes, inversions, combinations, whatever they want, really. Because they are born from the dreams and nightmares of everyone in every of the 52 main Universes and if we can imagine and dream about worlds with Batman and co, they can have entirely new worlds. It allows DC to run wilds and introduce minis without affecting continuity for new heroes and see how they are received by the fans, really.

To each their own.

It's not "appealing" to me. Don't need it, don't want it, not buying it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    To each their own.

It's not "appealing" to me. Don't need it, don't want it, not buying it.
    I'm confused enough by the DC Universe as it is.