Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm one of the fools who still buys Nightwing. I tried to stop but felt guilty as stupid as that sounds.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

I've personally been a bit disappointed in Jones' Catwoman run so far, but I'm glad to see it doing well. I hope it continues to sell well without Lau's variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, #26 was a soft relaunch, so it got people's attention. But they went back to the usual figures after #27. I would wait until #33 sale numbers to see if going back to Gotham changed anything, to be honest. But we're a small book, and I guess the core readers are around the 19k-21k with digital and trades added. Same as Nightwing core readers seem to be what he's been selling lately.
    Nightwing's core readers isn't what's he's selling to recently.

Sadly he's selling to a fraction of his core readers these days.

Lot's of his core readers have dropped this book along with other DC titles in protest as evidenced by comments on multiple threads and his figures over the years. Hence why the question was asked "who's still buying this book".

Extraordinary Member

What surprises me are the low numbers for "ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS", the last Super Son's series sold quite well, but the current one is only slightly above RHatO.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I've personally been a bit disappointed in Jones' Catwoman run so far, but I'm glad to see it doing well. I hope it continues to sell well without Lau's variants.
    Honestly I'm surprised that is does that well, after the last one flopped so drastically in the end. Especially since it is imo nothing special.
    Last edited by Aahz; 04-30-2019 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What surprises me are the low numbers for "ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS", the last Super Son's series sold quite well, but the current one is only slightly above RHatO.
    I'm not surprised. I was huge fan of the old series but this new series not so much. By setting it in the past it has no stakes what so ever so that killed my boner for the series. It's still good and I always enjoy it when i read ti but I don't feel the same excitement/anticipation I used to feel with the old one.

I used to look forward to Wednesday's with the old Supersons but these days sometimes i don't even read the new issues on the day of purchase. Setting it in the past ruined this series for me.

Plus the change of direction wasn't the best. It's off world and it's the one adventure getting dragged out into 12 issues where at the end it just doesn't matter because we know that everything is find. It just feels like it doesn't matter. We already know that they get back, they save the world , the world is fine. Literally it affects nothing and it changes nothing. That's a terrible.

RHATO, Ric, YJ, TT, Batman we don't know for certain what the status Quo will be after their current story arc is done. That makes them exciting and keeps readers invested. You don't know what will happen there are questions you need answered so you stay hooked and you keep reading. How are the YJ crew together again, why is Tim Robin? what happened to continuity? Is Jason's new crew going to be an ongoing thing? is he going to stay a lone outlaw? [that one got an answer] These question's keep you invested in the story besides a love for the character.

The Adventures of the Supersons has no such hook. King's batman has legions of fans who are not entirely happy but are hanging on in the hopes that they will see the payoff. A lot of them would have dropped the book if not for the hopes of a marriage in issue 100.

Heck one poster here said that the reason some are pulling catwoman is in hopes of any clues on the batcat will they won't they saga. There are stacks involved in all these titles. Adventures of the Supersons has Zero stakes and that has made it less exciting and enjoyable to me.

I'm sure I'm not alone but like Nightwing I can't quit it because I'm stupid and like to waste my money it seems.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-30-2019 at 02:40 AM.

I looked at Nightwing #40 and #41, 2018's March issues, and they did 27k and 26k. June's issue did 26k, too. And January that same year did 28k. Seems like the core readers for the last year and half is between 25k and 30k. If is isn't, what it's the core for sales? How much did Grayson in the middle of the run, for example?

(My quote got lost somehow. This was a question for dietrich. I shouldn't try posting while traveling in the bus, hurr)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 04-30-2019 at 02:29 AM.

The middle of Grayson, so like issue 10, was probably in the 30s. Grayson settled in the 40k-30k I believe.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-30-2019 at 03:10 AM.

I looked at Nightwing #40 and #41, 2018's March issues, and they did 27k and 26k. June's issue did 26k, too. And January that same year did 28k. Seems like the core readers for the last year and half is between 25k and 30k. If is isn't, what it's the core for sales? How much did Grayson in the middle of the run, for example?

(My quote got lost somehow. This was a question for dietrich. I shouldn't try posting while traveling in the bus, hurr)
    I have no idea what Nightwing's exact core sales are but he performs better then the performance we see from Ric even grayson which was divided his fans did better.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-30-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Then the current core would be around the 35k, as a safe guess. But I wouldn't blame the amnesiac Ric alone for the low numbers, as it aeems like the sales started to go under the 30k around the end of the raptor arc with Seeley. The tittle needs something to call the readers to come back. Ric isn't working, so I guess they will try something else once they find an idea that seems good enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm not surprised. I was huge fan of the old series but this new series not so much. By setting it in the past it has no stakes what so ever so that killed my boner for the series.
    Yeah, Supersons is handicapped by the fact it's a prequel, or takes place entirely in it's own canon (as the flash-forwards with the grandkids look to be contradicting Bendis' ideas of what the future looks like for the Super-Family)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You gotta stop buying it if you want it to change man. DC does stuff like this because fans continue to buy books out of loyalty. There must be some good Nightwing/Dick stories out there you haven’t read yet, go buy and read those instead.
    As a collector though, this is difficult. I don't like Tom Kings Batman run, but I have over 500 consecutive issues of Batman, no holes man, no holes!
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm not surprised. I was huge fan of the old series but this new series not so much. By setting it in the past it has no stakes what so ever so that killed my boner for the series. It's still good and I always enjoy it when i read ti but I don't feel the same excitement/anticipation I used to feel with the old one.

I used to look forward to Wednesday's with the old Supersons but these days sometimes i don't even read the new issues on the day of purchase. Setting it in the past ruined this series for me.

Plus the change of direction wasn't the best. It's off world and it's the one adventure getting dragged out into 12 issues where at the end it just doesn't matter because we know that everything is find. It just feels like it doesn't matter. We already know that they get back, they save the world , the world is fine. Literally it affects nothing and it changes nothing. That's a terrible.

RHATO, Ric, YJ, TT, Batman we don't know for certain what the status Quo will be after their current story arc is done. That makes them exciting and keeps readers invested. You don't know what will happen there are questions you need answered so you stay hooked and you keep reading. How are the YJ crew together again, why is Tim Robin? what happened to continuity? Is Jason's new crew going to be an ongoing thing? is he going to stay a lone outlaw? [that one got an answer] These question's keep you invested in the story besides a love for the character.

The Adventures of the Supersons has no such hook. King's batman has legions of fans who are not entirely happy but are hanging on in the hopes that they will see the payoff. A lot of them would have dropped the book if not for the hopes of a marriage in issue 100.
    I should also mention that Adventures of Supersons haven'ts variant covers.

Adventures of Supersons with a variant cover will probably sell more than Supergirl (without Artgerm variant cover).

Then the current core would be around the 35k, as a safe guess. But I wouldn't blame the amnesiac Ric alone for the low numbers, as it aeems like the sales started to go under the 30k around the end of the raptor arc with Seeley. The tittle needs something to call the readers to come back. Ric isn't working, so I guess they will try something else once they find an idea that seems good enough.
    I should mention that Grayson was selling 30K at the end. The problem is Grayson seemed to be in a slow but steady fall of sales.

I do not include the last numbers of Grayson when another team took this to the end, as the fall got ugly.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-30-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

also important to remember that Grayson was a direction that seemingly divided the fan base. Imagine the numbers DC could hit if they hit on a direction for Dick Grayson. Nightwing is on 50+ issues that's pretty impressive for a non leaguer.

With a shit direction that pretty much every issue spits on the character I'm surprised it's sales are as high.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I should mention that Grayson was selling 30K at the end. The problem is Grayson seemed to be in a slow but steady fall of sales.

I do not include the last numbers of Grayson when another team took this to the end, as the fall got ugly.
    Pretty sure every title has a slow but steady fall in sales unless there's a massively unpopular event, and even then, as with Ric, it still just is a drip, not a deluge.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    also important to remember that Grayson was a direction that seemingly divided the fan base. Imagine the numbers DC could hit if they hit on a direction for Dick Grayson. Nightwing is on 50+ issues that's pretty impressive for a non leaguer.

With a shit direction that pretty much every issue spits on the character I'm surprised it's sales are as high.
    Maybe everyone who's buying Rick is just on autopilot--they have their pull list, but no time to weed through it (because they're working four jobs to support their comics habit) so they run into the shop, grab the stack pulled for them, and head out.