Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default March sales figures

Comichron has the March sales figures
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-03.html

No Marvel title reached 100,000.
    Justice League beat all of Marvel's team books.
    Fantastic Four beat Uncanny X-Men and Avengers, but none of them could reach 55,000 in sales.
    Star Wars now trails the three big Marvel team books.
    Four issues of Avenger: No Road Home sold in the 30,000s, which is decent.
    Domino Hotshots sold 34,980, a decent debut.
    Black Widow's solo is a flop.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Holy Cow!

Invaders #3 sold at least 1/3 more than it's #2 issue! It's only 3000 issues less than their #1!! That's unheard of.

#48 Invaders 01.....36,462 +1000 2nd printing

#86 Invaders 02.....19,772 + 2nd printing

#49 Invaders 03.....33,465
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Fantastic Four beat Uncanny X-Men and Avengers, but none of them could reach 55,000 in sales.
    Man, it's tough to keep a Black Widow book going .

Hopefully No Road Home is an indicator that Avengers who aren't generally regarded as "The Big Guns" (at least right now) can carry their own series (although there's been proof of that for years).

Of course Black Widow flopped. There was next to no advertisement of it, I didn't know it existed until just now. Promotion is important, but the sad thing is not everything can be promoted properly.

Happy that the Fantastic Four are still doing well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Issue 1 of Magnificent Ms. Marvel made it to 68 with 27,706. Let's see how the titles the following months. I hope it does well enough.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Marvel just needs more promotion. I'm loving what they are putting out, but I think it might be too alienating.

Carol still at 30k on her third issue. Could this finally really be it for her on the comics side? Has Thompson finally found a Marvel book that of hers that will sell solidy ?

I'm kind of amazed at how well Immortal Hulk is doing to be honest.

Coates' Black Panther being at 21K on it's tenth issue? For as big a deal as the brand is now, that's kind of surprising (irregardless of the quality of his work).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Coates' Black Panther being at 21K on it's tenth issue? For as big a deal as the brand is now, that's kind of surprising (irregardless of the quality of his work).
    who would buy that book month to month when the pacing is slower than the expansion of the sun
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Carol still at 30k on her third issue. Could this finally really be it for her on the comics side? Has Thompson finally found a Marvel book that of hers that will sell solidy ?
    Movie helps. Carol is suddenly a LOT more popular!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Stuff like this really gets me bummed out.

However, in the same vein, I don't feel sorry for Marvel Comics right now. They seem to enjoy soiling their own beds and wallowing in their own filth.

They need new management that focuses on delivering good stories and characters people want to read.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Stuff like this really gets me bummed out.

However, in the same vein, I don't feel sorry for Marvel Comics right now. They seem to enjoy soiling their own beds and wallowing in their own filth.

They need new management that focuses on delivering good stories and characters people want to read.
    Marvel is the industry's #1 publisher. That's a far cry from wallowing in their own filth and soiling their beds.

DC took in more dollars last month and Marvel sold more units. So they split the Diamond charts, the first time that's happened in over a year. Typically Marvel takes the top spot on both charts - a trend that looks to continue for the foreseeable future.

Bottom line, they're doing ok.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm kind of amazed at how well Immortal Hulk is doing to be honest. ).
    Quality still matters.

Extraordinary Member

I'm kind of amazed at how well Immortal Hulk is doing to be honest.
    It saw a spike this month. That could be due to retailers catching up to reader demand, or was there some sort of variant or big story (i.e., speculators/collectors)?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Marvel is the industry's #1 publisher. That's a far cry from wallowing in their own filth and soiling their beds.

DC took in more dollars last month and Marvel sold more units. So they split the Diamond charts, the first time that's happened in over a year. Typically Marvel takes the top spot on both charts - a trend that looks to continue for the foreseeable future.

Marvel also had 50% more new books released in March, while getting into a "dollar per unit" debate is not going to go anywhere, can you honestly say that flooding the market is healthy for anyone (even Marvel), and I am not saying Marvel is alone in this, but that is a lot of books that are flat out losing money for a lot of people.

detective comics comics #1000
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

True... And DC only took in more dollars because of Detective 1000, which was ten bucks. Marvel will be back to selling the most comics and making the most money, as usual, next month.