Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He ripped apart something with multiple planets and such for sure. And he floored, if not necessarily one shotted someone who's been seen on panel to bust out universes with his hammer in his forge

But he was massively sun dipped so doesn't really matter
    How? Is this being a universal level being? Is this multiverse that je created the size of a real multiverse or one of them mini ones?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    How? Is this being a universal level being? Is this multiverse that je created the size of a real multiverse or one of them mini ones?
    World Forger is a multiversal being. He actually created every universe that ever was in DC universe by his bare hands and even in his weakened state (He can't operate at full power in 3D universe), he needed a special magical room or he would've shattered entire reality with just a swing of his hammer.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Bench pressing the weight of the planet without sunlight for 5 days with only a drop of sweat to show for it

This weight of the heavens feat is far more vaguely defined in comparison and also less impressive
    Yeah, from the description it almost sounds like a spiritual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    World Forger is a multiversal being. He actually created every universe that ever was in DC universe by his bare hands and even in his weakened state (He can't operate at full power in 3D universe), he needed a special magical room or he would've shattered entire reality with just a swing of his hammer.
    That doesn't answer whether or not the place they were in was a real multiverse or a mini one. Plus, wasn't the Presence the one responsible for creating the DCU? If not, then whats the point of him?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That doesn't answer whether or not the place they were in was a real multiverse or a mini one. Plus, wasn't the Presence the one responsible for creating the DCU? If not, then whats the point of him?
    In the comic, he designed and built the new universe in the sixth dimension and, once he'd fully powered up, he would hit his space hammer on his cosmic anvil which would, in his own words, "shatter the old universe," so he could just drop the new one on to replace it.

Going by the statements, it was meant to be an entire universe and we saw earth, Apokalypse and various other planets off in deep space like Thanagar.

It was a full multiverse.

Presence powers up Perpetua who creates Multiverse. World Forger creates universes within that multiverse. There's a full omniverse filled with multiverses which Perpetua like beings create, all powered by Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In the comic, he designed and built the new universe in the sixth dimension and, once he'd fully powered up, he would hit his space hammer on his cosmic anvil which would, in his own words, "shatter the old universe," so he could just drop the new one on to replace it.

Going by the statements, it was meant to be an entire universe and we saw earth, Apokalypse and various other planets off in deep space like Thanagar.
    It was an entire multiverse. Not just a universe.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    It was an entire multiverse. Not just a universe.
    Checked it and can confirm. Full multiverse.

I will note, during their fight with Forger before Superman shows up, J'onn is all like "We need to get the hammer away from him," which suggests the ability to destroy a multiverse is tied to the hammer and crisis anvil rather than necessarily intrinsically tied to World Forger himself.

I think my brains have started dribbling out of my nose, reading about this World Forger guy.

“So how did you find space for the multiverse?“

“I cleared away the old multiverse.”

“How?”

“I hit it. With a hammer.

It’s a very big hammer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Checked it and can confirm. Full multiverse.

I will note, during their fight with Forger before Superman shows up, J'onn is all like "We need to get the hammer away from him," which suggests the ability to destroy a multiverse is tied to the hammer and crisis anvil rather than necessarily intrinsically tied to World Forger himself.
    Not necessarily indicative of anything.

I cannot destroy my backyard deck with my fists for example. Give me a sledgehammer and an afternoon though....

...and I can destroy 1/2 of my deck AND give myself blisters. :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

How much of a factor the hammer plays doesn't seem very relevant when what matters is his durability. That said, someone whose work is building universes on a forge (and therefore likely exposed to essentially a big bang) would have to be preeeetty durable. I am kind of skeptical that we take this isn't SMvsFL, but I don't know if Supes has shown other limits when sun dipped. I will say that post crisis different suns had different effects on him, including some (blue?) that powered him up more. If these particular stars built for a different cosmos have different properties, who knows what would happen?

Anyone got an issue number so I can read for myself? Flipping through the recent issues, I did find a sweet Martian Manhunter feat: telepathically contacting everyone on Earth. Then he cast his mine even further out: "faster... weaving through the invisible clockwork of the universe, between nanoseconds, zeptoseconds... planck time."

Superman's other stuff in post crisis era when sun dipped includes stuff like supposedly having enough power to overpower the Worlogog, pushing against a Warworld that absorbed the big bang and shaking the star system as a side effect of a fight with Darkseid

I suppose we can include Superman one million too where he at least somewhat gives powers to the galaxy moving Kal Kent

The World Forger stuff starts from Justice League 19

It seems like the power of a sub dipped Supes varies wildly depending on the plot. That about accurate?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

It seems like the power of a sub dipped Supes varies wildly depending on the plot. That about accurate?
    Yeah. Sound about right

For the multiverse feat, important thing to remember is that this is probably the first time Superman has flown through multiple stars (and not just the one) to power himself up
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 07-21-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Yeah. Sound about right

For the multiverse feat, important thing to remember is that this is probably the first time Superman has flown through multiple stars (and not just the one) to power himself up
    I can't really think why flying through multiple stars would be better than hanging out in one star for a longer time. Unless the different stars have different properties or cause some sort of reaction when exposed to each other. It isn't like Supes drains a star dry or really depletes it all when he flies through it or hangs out in one.