Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I can't stand this version of Spider-man maybe it's Tom Holland but he was so whiny and it was only fitting that the female heroes got their moment, although poor Lady Sif she was no where to be seen as Valkyrie had taken her place. As for that scene with the female heroes I thought it was handled better in part one with the fight on the battlefield.
    Hail Hydra!

I felt it too forced, but it didn't take me off the movie or something like that. I liked "the women's moment" more in Infinity War, when Scarlet Witch, Black Widow & the Dora Milaje which name I don't remember face off against the woman from The Children of Thanos. Of course, there's an unconscious wrong in seeing at least the scene from IW as "women's moment", since when that happens with men no one raises an eye, but in Endgame it was on the nose

As someone said, this might be the only chance to see them all together, and while it didn't resonate with me, you can't please us all and taking chances is part of the business and is what made IW and Endgame such special movies
    Last edited by Chubistian; 04-29-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The idea that a scene of women superheroes has to be earned at all before it can be shown is kind of disgusting, imo.
    All the this. Makes me insane that women have to "EARN" anything to be recognized for existing.
    I'm now waiting for the Bucky should be CAP, and not Sam talk. :P

Ultimate Member

My wife was like “uhhh...seriously?” at the A-Force scene.

But some women in my theatre were freaking out.

For me it was a nice shout out to something we are probably not going see used again. I said in another thread I was hoping to see Wasp, Antman, Iron Man, Hulk,Thor together in the movie and bonus points if they used Hank and Janet. A little fan service is nice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I felt it too forced, but it didn't take me off the movie or something like that. I liked "the women's moment" more in Infinity War, when Scarlet Witch, Black Widow & the Dora Milaje which name I don't remember face off against the woman from The Children of Thanos. Of course, there's an unconscious wrong in seeing at least the scene from IW as "women's moment", since when that happens with men no one raises an eye, but in Endgame it was on the nose

As someone said, this might be the only chance to see them all together, and while it didn't resonate with me, you can't please us all and taking chances is part of the business and is what made IW and Endgame such special movies
    Very true and good point.

I keep hearing the term fridging in relation to Black Widow. That’s really stretching the definition to breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The scene they were missing was Black Widows funeral.

She could have gotten something alongside Tony
    This

The scene was forced af but it was okay.

BANNED

maybe it would have helped if Captain America egged them on with a for the love of god mother and country speech while in the middle of battle? lol

Ha ha. Yes. I am sure loads of people would think it was earned if a guy told them to do it.

To be honest there is nothing more forced than anything else in the final fight. Captain Marvel needs a clear route, there is some doubt she can do that because there’s a lot of magical and tough guys on the field, a group of people assemble around her to run interference. The question is why all women, there are two potential answers. The women were perhaps inspired by this new incredibly powerful woman. They just happened to be within earshot and it’s a coincidence. The latter might be a stretch but the former is highly likely because some had probably heard of her and the rest just saw her destroy a huge spaceship.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-30-2019 at 02:55 AM.

BANNED

nothing but the truth. heh

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My wife was like “uhhh...seriously?” at the A-Force scene.

But some women in my theatre were freaking out.
    While I was rolling at my eyes at the scene in my theater several people screamed out things like "Its all the women" as if the rest of us couldn't tell.