Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Superman vs Thanos (Possible Endgame spoilers)

This is a cinematic fight. New DCEU Superman vs MCU Thanos. Thanos gets his staff weapon from Endgame but none of the Infinity Gems.

Superman due to speed and sufficient strength to injure Thanos. Superman can also just grab the staff from Thanos and use it against him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Eh, Supes has the definite edge in speed. But is he strong enough to rip the weapon away from Thanos? I don't know about that. Thanos treated the Hulk like a petulant child, strength wise, and held that staff against determined strikes from pissed off, Stormbreaker-armed Thor.

Clark can play keep-away forever thanks to speed and due to Thanos having zero ranged game, but I dunno about him doing much to the mad Titan.

Edit: sorry, I forgot the obvious - without a BFR stip, Clark may be able to do a superspeed space toss.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, Supes has the definite edge in speed. But is he strong enough to rip the weapon away from Thanos? I don't know about that. Thanos treated the Hulk like a petulant child, strength wise, and held that staff against determined strikes from pissed off, Stormbreaker-armed Thor.

Clark can play keep-away forever thanks to speed and due to Thanos having zero ranged game, but I dunno about him doing much to the mad Titan.

Edit: sorry, I forgot the obvious - without a BFR stip, Clark may be able to do a superspeed space toss.
    I think Superman is more than strong enough to take the staff. His strength feats are above Hulk's.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Superman Wins.

Without his pretty rocks, Thanos won't have the reaction time to keep up with the Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Superman Wins.

Without his pretty rocks, Thanos won't have the reaction time to keep up with the Man of Steel.
    Man of Steel can't really scratch the paint.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Man of Steel can't really scratch the paint.
    Were Myeh-Myeh and Stormbreaker even hurting him all that much? I mean, I know Stormbreaker wounded IG Thanos in the old timeline, but I don't it did too much to Past Thanos in the final battle.

Do you think it's because Thor was out of shape?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thor never lands at clean hit with Stormbreaker on Thanos in the final battle, iirc, Thanos blocks his shots with his weapon.

We know, as of the first 5 minutes of the film, that a clean shot from Stormbreaker will kill Thanos just fine thanks.

Otoh, Thor's inability to land a clean shot in the last fight could well have been because he was out of shape and doing nothing but drinking for 5 years leading up to that moment.

Damn I can't wait to see the film again (going tomorrow) - I was in roughly the same condition as Thor over those 5 years when I saw it Friday.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor never lands at clean hit with Stormbreaker on Thanos in the final battle, iirc, Thanos blocks his shots with his weapon.

We know, as of the first 5 minutes of the film, that a clean shot from Stormbreaker will kill Thanos just fine thanks.

Otoh, Thor's inability to land a clean shot in the last fight could well have been because he was out of shape and doing nothing but drinking for 5 years leading up to that moment.

Damn I can't wait to see the film again (going tomorrow) - I was in roughly the same condition as Thor over those 5 years when I saw it Friday.
    This basically.

I looked at it that Thor was overall weaker (Tony pretty much said he couldn’t wield the Infinity Gauntlet in his current state) because he was completely out of shape.

But he never got to land the axe directly on Thanos, if he did, Thanos would have been screwed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I think Superman is more than strong enough to take the staff. His strength feats are above Hulk's.
    He doesn’t have strength feats (if any at all) so far above the Hulk to treat him the way Thanos did.

I can’t see Clark being straight up strong enough to take the staff off Thanos. He could surprise him and super speed the gauntlet off him but I can’t see him doing that in a straight up fight without speed shenanigans.

Overall, superspeed is key here though. Thanos just might not be able to keep up with Clark.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.

I lean towards Superman winning that said the interesting thing in this fight is that when Captain Marvel was flying across battlefield Thanos was able to track her and throw his blade to stop her. How fast Captain Marvel going at that point it was clearly "superspeed" at that point? I think Thanos could at least track as Superman as he moves around.

BANNED

Isn’t Superman more durable? Thanos was cut by Ironman

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Isn’t Superman more durable? Thanos was cut by Ironman
    That's more a feat for Iron Man after around a decade or so of constant upgrades. It was considered a really impressive feat for him to draw blood, but that was about all he was able to manage.

To put this in perspective, I don't believe that Captain Thormerica was able to do that with repeated Mjolnir strikes, or batting The Mighty Shield into Thanos' face w/ Mjolnir and Presumably-Thor-level strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    He doesn’t have strength feats (if any at all) so far above the Hulk to treat him the way Thanos did.

I can’t see Clark being straight up strong enough to take the staff off Thanos. He could surprise him and super speed the gauntlet off him but I can’t see him doing that in a straight up fight without speed shenanigans.

Overall, superspeed is key here though. Thanos just might not be able to keep up with Clark.
    Superman's best feats of strength far outstrip Hulk's, frankly.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That's more a feat for Iron Man after around a decade or so of constant upgrades. It was considered a really impressive feat for him to draw blood, but that was about all he was able to manage.

To put this in perspective, I don't believe that Captain Thormerica was able to do that with repeated Mjolnir strikes, or batting The Mighty Shield into Thanos' face w/ Mjolnir and Presumably-Thor-level strength.
    Yeah but still...it means he’s not as durable as his comic counterpart

Logically we can’t just leave it to upgrades but that’s just me. Upgrades suddenly > magic super metal?