Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Default Alright, alright - DCEU Supes versus MCU Captain Marvel

Let's see...

Battle is on Titan, Kal and Carol are both teleported onto opposite sides of the planet by 616 Nebula during the 15 minutes she held the 616 gauntlet.

She puts in a special rule: if one or the other doesn't win inside of 24 hours, both get deleted along with everyone they have ever cared about.

Go.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

>_>

<_<

...thor sucks!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    >_>

<_<

...thor sucks!
    I'm imagining Thor going full Stormbreaker on you a la Thanos in the first 5 minutes.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I'm imagining Thor going full Stormbreaker on you a la Thanos in the first 5 minutes.
    There are worse ways to go. ;P

I am curious how people will argue comparative strengths and weaknesses between these two. She's basically the "Superman" of the MCU currently.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I am curious how people will argue comparative strengths and weaknesses between these two. She's basically the "Superman" of the MCU currently.
    A plot device and utterly lacking good writing ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Does Titan even have a yellow sun?

Pretty much. She's clearly a lot tougher, a lot stronger, has better energy projection and much better travel speed. Supes has vastly superior reaction speed, and some level of healing factor, at least on Earth with Earth's sun. I think he'd be definite toast in the arena, as he definitely can't do enough to her before she makes with the zorch, and if she gets her hands on him (if he's, say, momentarily stunned against the arena walls), she can rip him to pieces. In this situation, maybe he can play guerilla warfare long enough to wear on her? But I'm not sure about it.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Carol’s tough, but not DCEU Superman tough just yet.

He’s still stronger and his reaction speed is still way better than hers so far (out of atmosphere travel speed to her though).

Remember, this is a guy capable of pulling a trapped and on its side ice breaker ship casually. He’s also the guy who, with one hand, held Arthur Curry like he was a child. The same Arthur Curry who was physically capable of lifting a submarine out of the water at speed (which is a staggering strength feat when you think of the amount of water being displaced too).

This is also the guy fast enough to tag the Flash and survived a nuke hit while weakened.

Carol is durable, and she won’t go down in one hit, but she’ll go down long before she tags him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

So none of what you listed is ludicrously beyond the Hulk, who was himself beaten, with contemptuous ease by the guy Carol similarly, overpowered with contemptuous ease.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Remember, this is a guy capable of pulling a trapped and on its side ice breaker ship casually.
    How does this make him stronger than Carol? Carol stopping that missile in her movie and throwing it already eclipses that feat by a significant margin. Not to mention no selling Thanos and what she did to his ship

Also, Arthur Curry weighs just as much as a normal big guy. Holding him up in one hand isn't really all that impressive.

Also, he didn't lift a sub - he redirected it and pushed it. Subs are kept at neutral bouyancy in the water. It still had mass, and still had water resistance against it, but it's not the same thing as lifting 5000 tons on dry land or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    How does this make him stronger than Carol? Carol stopping that missile in her movie and throwing it already eclipses that feat by a significant margin. Not to mention no selling Thanos and what she did to his ship
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...p-bvs-1778791/

As this seems roughly relevant.

That type of ship he’s towing is big, and heavy, and just a stupid strength feat. At best the only info I’ve found has the Leviathan’s being about 12,000 tons.

Those ships are all heavier, especially if weighed down by fuel as well.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Also, Arthur Curry weighs just as much as a normal big guy. Holding him up in one hand isn't really all that impressive.

Also, he didn't lift a sub - he redirected it and pushed it. Subs are kept at neutral bouyancy in the water. It still had mass, and still had water resistance against it, but it's not the same thing as lifting 5000 tons on dry land or anything.

He literally pushes it upwards, against the water.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula-class_submarine

Akula subs are heavy, man.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

She no-sold a headbutt from and overwhelmed the grip strength of a guy that crushes Vibranium with his hands and had earlier pushed a spaceship for thousands of light-years.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...p-bvs-1778791/

As this seems roughly relevant.

That type of ship he’s towing is big, and heavy, and just a stupid strength feat. At best the only info I’ve found has the Leviathan’s being about 12,000 tons.

Those ships are all heavier, especially if weighed down by fuel as well.
    He literally pushes it upwards, against the water.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula-class_submarine

Akula subs are heavy, man.
    On average, a Polar-Class Icebreaker's standard weight, not fully loaded, is about 200 tons shy of 11,000 tons.

Akula-Class subs depending on the model, are anywhere from 8,100 tons to 8,500 tons above water. They're about 5,000 tons heavier underwater but again, pushing something out of the water is nothing like straight lifting it especially for a sub which is designed to be buoyant.

So ... neither of these feats are beyond one-shotting a 12,000ish ton Space Whale.

Arx Inosaan