Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Young Justice (2019) by Brian Bendis thread!

So, we finally got the preview for issue #5 here: https://comicsverse.com/this-preview...from-gemworld/

The first five pages include a recap page (as Bendis generally pushes for), and no hint of the flashbacks promised on Bendis's intagram and interviews about Tim and Steph. John Timms seems to be taking over some of the art for the next few issues from Patrick Gleason - hope he'll be back.

Very excited about this! I'm kinda worried that it's spending so much time building up flashbacks, but how can I get cranky about my favorite character getting one?

What have you liked about the last four issues? What do you look forward to the next several?

I hope that Bendis will reveal what's going on with the Seven Crises soon, and we'll be able to get to the actual team forming and status quo for the next arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I saw this yesterday but.. I canīt visit this place

Steph is here or she is not in the preview? Is the only reason because I want to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw this yesterday but.. I canīt visit this place

Steph is here or she is not in the preview? Is the only reason because I want to see this.
    Steph's not in the preview, but I'm sure she will be in the book itself. The variant cover is amazing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So....How old is Bart supposed to be? Other art makes him look like a kid(looking back at issue 1), but now he properly looks like a teenager in this preview. I can't remember, has Bendis or Williamson actually said how old Bart is supposed to be?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So....How old is Bart supposed to be? Other art makes him look like a kid(looking back at issue 1), but now he properly looks like a teenager in this preview. I can't remember, has Bendis or Williamson actually said how old Bart is supposed to be?
    Dunno, sounds like a good question for Bendis!

I kinda want to know more about Superboy's wife Lophi and his wean.

I hope they dont end up dead or wiped from time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I kinda want to know more about Superboy's wife Lophi and his wean.

I hope they dont end up dead or wiped from time or something.
    I'm kind of interested, as well. But it seems to have been really unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm kind of interested, as well. But it seems to have been really unpopular.
    I have faith that if given a chance they could become loved characters! They seem interesting enough and every new character is usually unpopular at first!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I have faith that if given a chance they could become loved characters! They seem interesting enough and every new character is usually unpopular at first!
    We shall hope! I just hope Bendis can figure out a status quo for the team and title relatively soon, so there's a sense of what the book's fans can love.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    We shall hope! I just hope Bendis can figure out a status quo for the team and title relatively soon, so there's a sense of what the book's fans can love.
    I think there will probably be a set status quo around issue 10ish. By then Tim will have his new identity and we should know a little bit about all the new character's backgrounds.

I've been trying to gauge where I think Bendis will go in the future with the book. I kinda have a hunch that he will pair Tim up with somebody, possibly Cassie but maybe Amethyst.

He also said we would see Connor and Jon interact eventually. If his family arent killed/fake outs/wiped from existence i'd love to see Connor introducing his family to Clark, Lois and Jon.
    We will probably see Kid Lantern meeting an actual green lantern eventually plus Bart meeting Barry. So maybe the team will run into the justice league at somepoint

I mean, I'm a TimSteph shipper, so I'd rather he not get sucked into more ships right now, but we'll have to wait and see how #5 goes tomorrow.

Do you think Connor and Jon are more likely to interact in YJ or in Superman?

So many things to do, and we're still in Gemworld.

I'll say this I do want to see Kyle, Hal, Guy, John, Simon, or Jessica to show up to confront Kid Lantern about using Hijacked corps equipment. Because when you think about she is really only able to do what she does because she is essentially violating the laws of the corps, so imagine that will come into play especially since I believe Morrison mentioned referencing her in his Green Lantern run in at least one interview.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I'm not sure I dont see them interacting any time soon. Until the team have a status quo firmly set on earth. Maybe he Conner could appear in Superman or Action Comics but I dont think it is particularly likely until after the Leviathion event im not too sure when it finishes. I reckon they will probably meet up in August or maybe September.

Do we know if Amethyst is staying on the team? i'm not sure how long the Gemworld arc will have but I dont think they will be there too much longer.

Here's hoping Teen lantern gets something to do. She feels like the weak link so far.

Astonishing Member

Who else was in Kon's top 10 besides Cassie?