Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Young Justice (2019) by Brian Bendis thread!

So, we finally got the preview for issue #5 here: https://comicsverse.com/this-preview...from-gemworld/

The first five pages include a recap page (as Bendis generally pushes for), and no hint of the flashbacks promised on Bendis's intagram and interviews about Tim and Steph. John Timms seems to be taking over some of the art for the next few issues from Patrick Gleason - hope he'll be back.

Very excited about this! I'm kinda worried that it's spending so much time building up flashbacks, but how can I get cranky about my favorite character getting one?

What have you liked about the last four issues? What do you look forward to the next several?

I hope that Bendis will reveal what's going on with the Seven Crises soon, and we'll be able to get to the actual team forming and status quo for the next arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I saw this yesterday but.. I canīt visit this place

Steph is here or she is not in the preview? Is the only reason because I want to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw this yesterday but.. I canīt visit this place

Steph is here or she is not in the preview? Is the only reason because I want to see this.
    Steph's not in the preview, but I'm sure she will be in the book itself. The variant cover is amazing.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So....How old is Bart supposed to be? Other art makes him look like a kid(looking back at issue 1), but now he properly looks like a teenager in this preview. I can't remember, has Bendis or Williamson actually said how old Bart is supposed to be?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So....How old is Bart supposed to be? Other art makes him look like a kid(looking back at issue 1), but now he properly looks like a teenager in this preview. I can't remember, has Bendis or Williamson actually said how old Bart is supposed to be?
    Dunno, sounds like a good question for Bendis!

I kinda want to know more about Superboy's wife Lophi and his wean.

I hope they dont end up dead or wiped from time or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm guessing Bart is 13-16.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm guessing Bart is 13-16.
    It's Damian again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    John Timms seems to be taking over some of the art for the next few issues from Patrick Gleason - hope he'll be back.
    I've got bad news for you...Gleason's jumped over to Marvel and will be a fill-in artist for Amazing Spider-Man whenever Ryan Ottley needs a break

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've got bad news for you...Gleason's jumped over to Marvel and will be a fill-in artist for Amazing Spider-Man whenever Ryan Ottley needs a break

I just saw that.

Though as a big fan of what Spencer's doing on ASM, that could be happy news.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I just saw that.

Though as a big fan of what Spencer's doing on ASM, that could be happy news.
    I'm certainly happy for him. Spencer's run is the best Spidey's been in ages and Gleason could end up drawing a fine Mary Jane , meaning he's worked with both of the big two's most iconic dishes!

I'm certainly happy for him. Spencer's run is the best Spidey's been in ages and Gleason could end up drawing a fine Mary Jane , meaning he's worked with both of the big two's most iconic dishes!
    I hope so!

But it is pretty sad for YJ and DC as a whole.

Gleason at Marvel is kind of weird to think about .

Bendis must be annoyed, considering he was drawing Action too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bendis must be annoyed, considering he was drawing Action too.
    It's Bendis though, there's no shortage of A-list artists practically at his beck-and-call .