Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No I dont think so....

We already know that Secret and Arrowette will coming back to YJ, so I dont see Stephanie joining YJ....
    AND!!! I hope that Empress comes back....

Dont know why it would be cool that Stephanie joins YJ, based on the skills etc. she is only a Tim Drake with less skills, but similar...

Secret instead has unique abilities, Arrowette is a female archer, Empress would bring her Voodoo skills, BUT Stephanie is not neccessary and we already have Tim who has better skills and is kind of similar (human with similar skills) character..

Question:

Is the Flashback and the fighting the only thing what happens in this issue? No Lophi and Martha Kent II? No further development? It is kind of disappointing....
    So ... I do that follow most interviews, is there one where they say Greta is coming back?
    I'm a fan of the character, both ability and personality wise, and I get the timelines are all messed up. But if Tim recalls the "original" run as having happened, I'm not sure I like the idea of her getting a normal life and getting to live again being undone.
    I mean to get her back "with" her abilities would almost have to entail her going back to that half-death limbo state wouldn't it? (It's been likely well over a decade since I read that storyline so please excuse me if I'm slightly off in my recall).

I'm all for her as a secondary character that they interacted with as her civilian self, as they were good friends and they went through a lot together, so her disappearance after YJ was understandable given the nature of storylines in books referring to other books, but given the alternatives as the whole DC got progressively darker was actually a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    Stephanie knows she was Batgirl and Robin because she was shown those moments by future Tim in Detective Comics. She hasn't had her pre-flashpoint memories restored, but Tim tells her he saw her in the memories
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He showed her history as Batgirl but I don't think he ever showed her time as Robin.

I wonder if this means Steph's mom is back and back to normal?
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    He showed her history as Batgirl but I don't think he ever showed her time as Robin.

end of spoilers
    That would be cool! We shall have to see!!!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Always Rakzo

I must admit that despite being disappointed by the first couple of issues, the recent ones have been a pleasent surprise. Particularly because Bendis is finally bringing some answers and references to precious classic YJ characters like Secret, Empress, Arrowette and Slobo, and I'm really interested in seeing them return.

Also, I'm glad he used Stephanie Brown and mentioned her past as Robin... and she also mentions how she finds Zatanna "hot" which might imply a possible Bisexuality? (Which being familiar with the character, wouldn't surprise me honestly).

Art was good too. Nice read overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Also, I'm glad he used Stephanie Brown and mentioned her past as Robin... and she also mentions how she finds Zatanna "hot" which might imply a possible Bisexuality? (Which being familiar with the character, wouldn't surprise me honestly).
    Straight girls call each other hot quite alot certainly more than boys do. So even if she is straight it would not be that strange.

I liked how Zatanna is just like "oh no. If things go wrong Bruce is going to blame me"

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Straight girls call each other hot quite alot certainly more than boys do. So even if she is straight it would not be that strange.

I liked how Zatanna is just like "oh no. If things go wrong Bruce is going to blame me"
    Yeah, I think Bendis has had a few "straight" characters comment on how attractive someone of the same sex is.

Plus, it's Zatanna .

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Yeah, I think Bendis has had a few "straight" characters comment on how attractive someone of the same sex is.

Plus, it's Zatanna .
    I know but this is Steph who always had a sorta Bi vibe around her.

Incredible Member

Its pretty much perfect in that after this issue you can assume

spoilers:
    This continues from Post Flashpoint storylines and that everyone's fav versions of their characters are back
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There was one page that showed her as Robin.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    There was one page that showed her as Robin.
    end of spoilers
    Yup! It was so beautiful!

It's based on an image from Cass's Batgirl series, #53, I believe.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I know but this is Steph who always had a sorta Bi vibe around her.
    Really?

I don't remember to see that vibe from Steph. Of course, there are many stories I hadn't read about her, then I can't be sure.

Fantastic Member

I do hope Bendis decides to bring back the character Anima to the team

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Finally I can enjoy a Tim depiction after sooo long time!
    I'm happy that Bendis is trying to take again all the characters to where they were at 2009 approximately.
    So much must be explained better tho, why only these characters are rememering their past? If I'm not wrong only Wally and Clark did since now.
    Every time something from pre Flashpoint is taken in canon again my heart is delighted.
    Steph and Tim relationship is so satisfying here, Connor-Tim bromance is something I missed badly too.
    My faith in Bendis is growing, anyway I'm still on the fence but hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    I do hope Bendis decides to bring back the character Anima to the team

she'd be cool.

I thought it was the best issue so far.

Spectacular Member

Is anibody going to question that Stephanie nonchalantly said that she got a call from her dad....
    That should be dead, with his throat lacerated, after Batman Eternal?