Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Do we know if Amethyst is staying on the team? i'm not sure how long the Gemworld arc will have but I dont think they will be there too much longer.
    IIRC Amethyst is planned to get her own book so it's possible she won't stay in YJ.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    IIRC Amethyst is planned to get her own book so it's possible she won't stay in YJ.
    That would be interesting. (I still have a secret hope that they'll finally give Charlie Gage-Radcliffe her Gemworld backstory )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Granted, she's been promoted enough on the roster that I would be surprised if she doesn't stick with it.

Incredible Member

I kinda want to know more about Superboy's wife Lophi and his wean.

I hope they dont end up dead or wiped from time or something.
    Its the remix to HiC

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So....How old is Bart supposed to be? Other art makes him look like a kid(looking back at issue 1), but now he properly looks like a teenager in this preview. I can't remember, has Bendis or Williamson actually said how old Bart is supposed to be?
    I'm guessing Bart is 13-16.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm guessing Bart is 13-16.
    It's Damian again!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Bart tends to be more immature than the others. So he could be the same age as his friends but just looks and acts younger than he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It's Damian again!
    Damian is currently 12 or 13, I think.

I’m just saying in this and other titles the art has not given a very clear indication of what he is, like he looked 10 almost when he returned in Flash War. Here it makes more sense that he’s friends with Tim, Connor, and Cassie because he looks his age.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Damian is currently 12 or 13, I think.
    He went from 10 to 13 in no time, though.

Incredible Member

Issue 5 doesnt cover much for the present but it does cover some canon issues

Mighty Member

Who else was in Kon's top 10 besides Cassie?
    Thats very easy...He mentioned a lot of other female Superheroes in the past:

-Supergirl (this was as Conner was possessed by the black lantern ring) this was more to make Cassie angry and distract her
    -Powergirl (this is understandable)
    -Zatanna (dont remember in which issue it was, but he was jokingly talking about her, because there was a helicopter and he wanted to test if others could hear him)
    -Cassandra Cain (he had a date with her)
    -Natalie Irons (he had a date with her)
    -Tana Moon
    -Knockout

This are already 7 and with Cassie 8.....

Although the best was, still and will be Cassie Sandsmark...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'll say this I do want to see Kyle, Hal, Guy, John, Simon, or Jessica to show up to confront Kid Lantern about using Hijacked corps equipment. Because when you think about she is really only able to do what she does because she is essentially violating the laws of the corps, so imagine that will come into play especially since I believe Morrison mentioned referencing her in his Green Lantern run in at least one interview.
    They should better confront Barry Allen about Flashpoint...

I think there will probably be a set status quo around issue 10ish. By then Tim will have his new identity and we should know a little bit about all the new character's backgrounds.

I've been trying to gauge where I think Bendis will go in the future with the book. I kinda have a hunch that he will pair Tim up with somebody, possibly Cassie but maybe Amethyst.

He also said we would see Connor and Jon interact eventually. If his family arent killed/fake outs/wiped from existence i'd love to see Connor introducing his family to Clark, Lois and Jon.
    We will probably see Kid Lantern meeting an actual green lantern eventually plus Bart meeting Barry. So maybe the team will run into the justice league at somepoint

I hope that he leaves Tim with Stephanie...

I hope that Conner and Martha Kent II would go to Earth while Lophi maybe stays in Gemworld and Conner gets back together with Cassie...

My hope is that Jay Garrick his wife and Max Mercury take Bart in, because I personally dont like Barry especially since the HiC arc....and especially Flashpoint...

My hope is a return to Kent Farm, increase the Kent Farm...
    Lets move Cassie,Conner with Martha Kent II in and a second farm house where Max,Jay with his wife Joan and Bart move in....

Jay and his wife would be great Step-grandparents for martha kent II, so Conner can go to school and work while jay and his wife look after Martha Kent II...

Jay and Max are also perfect mentors for Bart, better than Barry....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Issue 5 doesnt cover much for the present but it does cover some canon issues
    There was a TON of stuff that this issue opened up, in addition to some incredibly sweet and awesomely written shippy stuff by Bendis and Kris Anka.

spoilers:
    Steph gets her own plotline! Because the Seven Crises have resurrected her father! It's only been five years, him being alive isn't that surprising!
    Also, Steph refers to herself as both Batgirl and Robin, meaning she's come to terms with herself, the Bat, and Tim since the end of Tec, where she was much more hostile and angry about them - with some good cause, some bad.
    Ending the issue with them forehead to forehead, saying "I love you" and "I do" - so good!
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    There was a TON of stuff that this issue opened up, in addition to some incredibly sweet and awesomely written shippy stuff by Bendis and Kris Anka.

spoilers:
    Steph gets her own plotline! Because the Seven Crises have resurrected her father! It's only been five years, him being alive isn't that surprising!
    Also, Steph refers to herself as both Batgirl and Robin, meaning she's come to terms with herself, the Bat, and Tim since the end of Tec, where she was much more hostile and angry about them - with some good cause, some bad.
    Ending the issue with them forehead to forehead, saying "I love you" and "I do" - so good!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thats not really something what I needed (her father coming back)...... Do they show also what happens in Gemworld? I saw a picture where Conner uses Heat Vision, which I find awesome...
    Did Tim talk with Batman afterwards as he remembered Conner?
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    spoilers:
    Thats not really something what I needed (her father coming back)...... Do they show also what happens in Gemworld? I saw a picture where Conner uses Heat Vision, which I find awesome...
    Did Tim talk with Batman afterwards as he remembered Conner?
    end of spoilers
    [/QUOTE]

Well, it's not needed, but it's a logical way to give Steph something to do!

There's some fun present day stuff, but it's mostly action and fights.

Batman does not appear, I believe because this takes place during Bendis's Walmart comics, in which Batman keeps getting zapped around by the magical egg.