Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Attachment 81854

Love this image so, so, so much.

It's kind of funny seeing the disappearance of Young Justice vol. 1 from people's memories being treated like a big deal when you consider what vol. 1 was often like. And how little respect they got at the time. I mean, I love the book, but still . . .

A future scene:

Robin: "We have to figure out why we forget our time together as a team."

Jinny: "I reckon you'd better figure out who has the most reason to make you forget. Any sworn enemies with an ax to grind?"

Cassie: "Well . . . "

Teen Lantern: "Yeah, fill us in here! What kind of missions did you guys go on?"

Superboy: "Honestly, we were basically just a group of friends with superpowers who usually ended up fighting threats that seemed kind of silly at first glance, but were actually pretty dangerous when you stopped and thought about them."

Jinny: "Pardon?"

Impulse: "Oh, yeah! Like the cult that used an annoying preschool show to brainwash kids into hurting their parents! Or the time a combination of magic and science turned all the grown-up heroes into kids and kid heroes into adults! Or the time we went to a simulation of Hell that looked like the 1970s. Or the time we stopped a planet from being annihilated by playing a game of baseball! Good times!"

Amethyst: "Surely you had more serious adventures than that!"

Robin: "Well, there was the time we just barely stopped our friend from sucking everyone on Earth into a deathly abyss. Though, that one was kind of our fault."

Jinny: "You know, I'm starting to question joining up with this posse."

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Is anibody going to question that Stephanie nonchalantly said that she got a call from her dad....
    That should be dead, with his throat lacerated, after Batman Eternal?
    We already talked a bit about it. I say it's Seven Crises shenanigans, but it's also comics! And he was killed by a Talon. They aren't known for staying dead. Or we could just have a retcon that he was seriously hurt and faked his death!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I guess that Stephanie will be joining YJ eventually.
    I would like that but... I canīt see it.. Is add another character of the bat-world like Tim.

Is more easy see her sometimes as secondary character in Tim flashbacks.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No I dont think so....

We already know that Secret and Arrowette will coming back to YJ
    Wait, we do? How so? I enjoy Secret a lot as a character, but I haven't heard anything.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I really enjoyed this chapter but im also kind of torn a bit

On one hand I really like that it entirely of retcons YJ back into cannon
    but im not a fan of retconning Batman Eternal

Its kind of a weird change because pretty much everything that has happen with Steph since she came back originates on it, she was introduced by it, she meets Tim on it "for the first time" and pretty much the entire plot is put in motion by her and her dad and her dad dying puts her in motion to where she is right now.
    now its very weird to have cluemaster back specially when his dead was not just extremely definitive but also because its the most fleshed out story that he has had. He literally beats batman. I dont see a lot that can be added to it or that can top that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I really enjoyed this chapter but im also kind of torn a bit

On one hand I really like that it entirely of retcons YJ back into cannon
    but im not a fan of retconning Batman Eternal

Its kind of a weird change because pretty much everything that has happen with Steph since she came back originates on it, she was introduced by it, she meets Tim on it "for the first time" and pretty much the entire plot is put in motion by her and her dad and her dad dying puts her in motion to where she is right now.
    now its very weird to have cluemaster back specially when his dead was not just extremely definitive but also because its the most fleshed out story that he has had. He literally beats batman. I dont see a lot that can be added to it or that can top that.
    I don't have nearly as much a problem with it, and I'm a huge Batman Eternal fan. Just have Cluemaster have faked his death! It happened before, in Suicide Squad! Or the Court of Owls revived him, since Lincoln was the one who killed him!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Wait, we do? How so? I enjoy Secret a lot as a character, but I haven't heard anything.
    Bendis said so on twitter when asked about them. But the way it was phrased it could be one, the other or both.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't have nearly as much a problem with it, and I'm a huge Batman Eternal fan. Just have Cluemaster have faked his death! It happened before, in Suicide Squad! Or the Court of Owls revived him, since Lincoln was the one who killed him!
    I actually grab the last volume of Batman Eternal after reading this issue just to confirm and yeah he could have survived somehow after he got cut in the throat, not a big issue with that. My problem is that he survives knowing that Bruce Wayne is Batman and still somehow ends up in jail and then escapes and somehow can still find steph even though very few people should know how to find her.
    Also another thing that came from Eternal was B&R Eternal which kind of stablishes the relationship of Steph with other characters like Harper and Cassandra Cain. Its not just one small thing that needs justification but several, like a domino chain.

Decompression is hurting this book but I did like Bendis addressing where Tynion left Tim and Steph. The explanation worked for me. I think editorial just didn’t correct that line about Cluemaster or they’ve decided to bring him back. That happens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Bendis said so on twitter when asked about them. But the way it was phrased it could be one, the other or both.
    Yes
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...rete-superboy/

Here you see everything so far....

I am hoping for EMPRESS, because she definetely with her voodoo skills would be a nice character to develop..
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-02-2019 at 11:59 PM.

I desperately need to re-read PAD's YJ. I had completed forgotten about Slobo.

Re: decompression, I'm torn on it. The pace would likely benefit if YJ was one of DC's bi-weekly books, but I've found over the years that Bendis' worst stuff typically comes when he's overworked, and he's already juggling a lot of projects. So I'm fine with a higher-quality book once a month. After reading his Marvel stuff for two decades, you'd think I would be better conditioned for the slow roll-out...

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I actually grab the last volume of Batman Eternal after reading this issue just to confirm and yeah he could have survived somehow after he got cut in the throat, not a big issue with that. My problem is that he survives knowing that Bruce Wayne is Batman and still somehow ends up in jail and then escapes and somehow can still find steph even though very few people should know how to find her.
    Also another thing that came from Eternal was B&R Eternal which kind of stablishes the relationship of Steph with other characters like Harper and Cassandra Cain. Its not just one small thing that needs justification but several, like a domino chain.
    I think Arthur knowing Bruce's identity isn't a huge deal. Just say that the injury and trauma made him forget. Or he just never pulled the mask off (retcon).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Decompression is hurting this book but I did like Bendis addressing where Tynion left Tim and Steph. The explanation worked for me. I think editorial just didn’t correct that line about Cluemaster or they’ve decided to bring him back. That happens.
    I think Bendis decided to bring him back. It's about time! Lincoln March has come back three times in four years, so Arthur coming back after four years one time makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I desperately need to re-read PAD's YJ. I had completed forgotten about Slobo.

Re: decompression, I'm torn on it. The pace would likely benefit if YJ was one of DC's bi-weekly books, but I've found over the years that Bendis' worst stuff typically comes when he's overworked, and he's already juggling a lot of projects. So I'm fine with a higher-quality book once a month. After reading his Marvel stuff for two decades, you'd think I would be better conditioned for the slow roll-out...
    Bendis and pacing is always an issue. I adore Ultimate Spider-Man a lot, but I also read it largely in the omni format (which collected two trades per volume), so it zoomed by and you really got the longform character stuff he excels at.

Mighty Member

Who would you like to join Young Justice?

I would add: Arrowette, Secret, Static and Empress....

Is Young Justice also only a limited series? I hope not, but I dont found any information for an Issue 8....Maybe its to early....

I would really love to know which Superboy gets another codename...

Just Empress and lagoon boy for now.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-03-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Who would you like to join Young Justice?

I would add: Arrowette, Secret, Static and Empress....
    Well, my impossible dream would be Connor Hawke, which isn't going to happen for a number of reasons:

1. I'm not sure he exists anymore? I don't read Green Arrow.
    2. Redundancy with Arrowette.
    3. He was never a member of Young Justice.

But if YJ is DC's safe house for once-popular-but-now-forgotten 90s superheroes, I'd love for Connor to get a revival.