Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this book and so far have found it to be a worthy successor to PAD and Nauk's run and, nothing against Timms, but I do wish that Gleason were sticking around longer. As far as the decompression, I dont mind it here as it's interspersed with vignettes catching us up on where everyone has been which in some cases wouldn't need an entire issue devoted to it, so I kind of like it.
    As for who I would like to see return, absolutely agree with Empress. She was an amazing character and could have more stories. I'm torn on Secret...I loved her character, but I really like where she was left and with the most recent issue, Bendis has made it clear those past stories happened in some fashion. Arrowette was also a favorite I would like to see back. I could see her becoming big friends with Jinny Hex. In fact, thinking about it, that should be a phase three mini series Jinny Hex & Arrowette!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Who would you like to join Young Justice?

I would add: Arrowette, Secret, Static and Empress....
    Empress, maybe. I'm kind of torn on Arrowette and Secret. I like both characters but in both cases, it feels like their stories were told. Secret became human again and Arrowette quit the superhero business for various reasons. Heck, you could say that practically the entirety of Young Justice vol. 1 was Secret's story. I know this is superhero comics and pretty much no one gets an ending, but I think maybe an exception should be made for those two. I wouldn't be opposed to the warder powers being passed on to someone new and them becoming the new Secret.

I'm not exactly sure who else to suggest because I don't know who else actually still exists and is alive in the current DCU. Maybe some of the '96 Titans. I know Joto (or rather "Hot Spot") just got killed off. But is Risk still dead? Has anyone seen Argent, Prysm or Fringe lately? Damage was a fun character from the same era as a lot of these guys, but the only Damage we've had lately is some military Hulk guy. I don't think Grant Emerson's been around in years. Maybe a couple of the Ravers could be fun like Sparxx, Aura or Half-Life.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm really enjoying this book and so far have found it to be a worthy successor to PAD and Nauk's run and, nothing against Timms, but I do wish that Gleason were sticking around longer. As far as the decompression, I dont mind it here as it's interspersed with vignettes catching us up on where everyone has been which in some cases wouldn't need an entire issue devoted to it, so I kind of like it.
    As for who I would like to see return, absolutely agree with Empress. She was an amazing character and could have more stories. I'm torn on Secret...I loved her character, but I really like where she was left and with the most recent issue, Bendis has made it clear those past stories happened in some fashion. Arrowette was also a favorite I would like to see back. I could see her becoming big friends with Jinny Hex. In fact, thinking about it, that should be a phase three mini series Jinny Hex & Arrowette!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Empress, maybe. I'm kind of torn on Arrowette and Secret. I like both characters but in both cases, it feels like their stories were told. Secret became human again and Arrowette quit the superhero business for various reasons. Heck, you could say that practically the entirety of Young Justice vol. 1 was Secret's story. I know this is superhero comics and pretty much no one gets an ending, but I think maybe an exception should be made for those two. I wouldn't be opposed to the warder powers being passed on to someone new and them becoming the new Secret.

I'm not exactly sure who else to suggest because I don't know who else actually still exists and is alive in the current DCU. Maybe some of the '96 Titans. I know Joto (or rather "Hot Spot") just got killed off. But is Risk still dead? Has anyone seen Argent, Prysm or Fringe lately? Damage was a fun character from the same era as a lot of these guys, but the only Damage we've had lately is some military Hulk guy. I don't think Grant Emerson's been around in years. Maybe a couple of the Ravers could be fun like Sparxx, Aura or Half-Life.
    I personally would like:

-Empress (her Voodoo skills are cool)
    -Arrowette.....This is hard, because there was also MIA DEARDEN whose character was also cool and her background was also interesting
    -Secret
    -Static

this I already mentioned it, BUT I would add:

-Aquagirl (NOT Lorena, BUT Tula MIX out of NEW52 Tula with Young Justice Anime Series Tula)...so she as powerful warrior with magical powers
    -Bombshell

Extraordinary Member

I hope they don't bring secret back (or when then only as now civilian ex member), her story is told she had her happy end, bringing her back is imo pointless and undoes what happend in the original series.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I hope they don't bring secret back (or when then only as now civilian ex member), her story is told she had her happy end, bringing her back is imo pointless and undoes what happend in the original series.
    Dont think so, Yes she had a Happy End, BUT!!!

She was one of the main-pillars of Young Justice and even more important, she was the probably most powerful member, with unique abilities.....

So either Secret or Raven or Zatanna must join the Young Justice...

If they need a magic character, I think Traci 13 would fit.
    Or maybe even Klarion...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'd have Aqualad join the team. Doesn't seem to be used anywhere and would be a great fit. It's not exactly the same group but it helps to have tie. I'd also bring back solstice. Her pre-52 self. She reminded me a bit of Secret and I agree that Greta's story is over. She can appear hear and there like Cissie did on PAD's run. I've no problem with Empress and Slobo coming back. I'd throw in Miss Martian but she appears older in this continuity. If she were in, she should have her pre 52 personality.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post

I cant believe I forgot about Argent! Loved her, however with Teen Lantern shes kind of redundant unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    So either Secret or Raven or Zatanna must join the Young Justice...
    I think Zatanna's too old .

Kon93

Empress or slobo from YJ

Aquagirl, blue beetle, and static from the TT

aqualad and ms Martian from YJ tv

Bunker from TT New 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Empress or slobo from YJ

Bunker from TT New 52
    I think Bunker is currently in the Red Hood series as Jason's new partner/friend.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Im going to say a controversial statement here
    PAD's Young Justice is one of my favorite comics of all time but I never really care much about Secret
    I just think she has a bland design and never had an interesting arc or characterization

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Zatanna's too old .
    Bring back Zachary Zatara

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'd have Aqualad join the team. Doesn't seem to be used anywhere and would be a great fit. It's not exactly the same group but it helps to have tie. I'd also bring back solstice. Her pre-52 self. She reminded me a bit of Secret and I agree that Greta's story is over. She can appear hear and there like Cissie did on PAD's run. I've no problem with Empress and Slobo coming back. I'd throw in Miss Martian but she appears older in this continuity. If she were in, she should have her pre 52 personality.
    Solstice is dead right now, a victim of the Heroes in Crisis debacle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Aqualad is to boring and to weak.....Better would be Aquagirl as a Mix of NEW52 Tula and Young Justice TV Version Tula...
    In NEW52 Tula was one of the most powerful Atlanteans and was member of the royal guard, step-sister of Aquaman and queen of Atlantis.
    In Young Justice TV Series Aquagirl Tula was a really powerful Atlantean magician and student under Mera.

If you use Solstice as host for the Spectre then yes....
    But otherwise Solstice isnt powerful enough, new Characters for YJ should be as powerful as Raven,Zatarra....

I would strictly prefer Secret, because she is incredible powerful and a good character..

Then rather:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombshell_(DC_Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Empress or slobo from YJ

Bunker from TT New 52
    Blue Beetle,Static,Miss Martian and Empress YES....

Rest NO!

Young Justice needs powerful and interesting characters and neither Aqualad nor the Aquagirl from TT fullfill these criterias...
    I would combine https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Prime_Earth) with https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Earth-16) so she a powerful soldier with powerful magic abilities...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombshell_(DC_Comics) Bombshell would be nice

I would say:

-Arrowette or Mia Dearden
    -Traci13
    -Raven
    -Tula as Mix of Prime Earth https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Prime_Earth) and https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Earth-16)
    -Bombshell
    -Blue Beetle
    -Static
    -Secret

would be nice additions...
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-05-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Jaime would be great as I love the character and he needs to be somewhere.
    Also like the idea of Mia Dearden (Speedy) joining the team.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.