Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Jurgens Titans were so good and so bad treated thorough the years, I would like to have some of them joining.
    Argent is my favorite but as someone said she could be redundant with teen lantern, anyway she worked very well with Tim.
    Joto/Hot Spot is dead thanks to Heroes in Crisis.
    Risk needs much more love than he had by DC, anyway it’s hard to use him after been so bad written.
    Prysm is the one less used and known and could be the right pick, she could be the Starfire of this new YJ version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Jurgens Titans were so good and so bad treated thorough the years, I would like to have some of them joining.
    Argent is my favorite but as someone said she could be redundant with teen lantern, anyway she worked very well with Tim.
    Joto/Hot Spot is dead thanks to Heroes in Crisis.
    Risk needs much more love than he had by DC, anyway it’s hard to use him after been so bad written.
    Prysm is the one less used and known and could be the right pick, she could be the Starfire of this new YJ version.
    No, Prysm is to boring as character and simply to weak...

What Young Justice needs are ALPHA-CLASS characters with an interesting background and who are very powerful like Raven,Zatanna,Miss Martian,Shazam....

There already 3 Superhero Groups (Justice League,Titans and Teen Titans) who also have a headquarter etc.

To make the Young Justice work as 4. Group you need to make them equally powerful and equally interesting, dont fill up some spots with weak characters who maybe have only Superstrenght or so as power, which nearly every character has as Superpower...

I would stick to:
    -Kon El
    -Cassie
    -Amethyst
    -Hex
    -Teen Lantern
    -Impulse
    -Tim Drake

and add:
    -Bombshell
    -Raven
    -Traci 13
    -Secret
    -Arrowette
    -Tula
    -Blue Beetle

this would be a perfect solution to have interesting and powerful members...and speaking about the size of the group: it was said that is more a social movement so they could also only stick to Kon El,Impulse,Cassie and Tim as core members and then call the others if needed and also change them from mission to mission...

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think Arthur knowing Bruce's identity isn't a huge deal. Just say that the injury and trauma made him forget. Or he just never pulled the mask off (retcon).
    Yeah.. LEX LUTHOR(Most dangerous human) learned his identity in N52 and seems that the retcons made him forgot this.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-05-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    No, Prysm is to boring as character and simply to weak...

What Young Justice needs are ALPHA-CLASS characters with an interesting background and who are very powerful like Raven,Zatanna,Miss Martian,Shazam....

There already 3 Superhero Groups (Justice League,Titans and Teen Titans) who also have a headquarter etc.

To make the Young Justice work as 4. Group you need to make them equally powerful and equally interesting, dont fill up some spots with weak characters who maybe have only Superstrenght or so as power, which nearly every character has as Superpower...

I would stick to:
    -Kon El
    -Cassie
    -Amethyst
    -Hex
    -Teen Lantern
    -Impulse
    -Tim Drake

and add:
    -Bombshell
    -Raven
    -Traci 13
    -Secret
    -Arrowette
    -Tula
    -Blue Beetle

this would be a perfect solution to have interesting and powerful members...and speaking about the size of the group: it was said that is more a social movement so they could also only stick to Kon El,Impulse,Cassie and Tim as core members and then call the others if needed and also change them from mission to mission...
    Funny you consider Prysm "weak" when shes more powerful than several characters that you consider not weak. Prysm has skin composed of a glass-like organic crystal, which absorbs and refracts light. She can manipulate light to fire laser beams from her eyes, project concussive photon bolts from her hands, generate searing heat by affecting infrared lightwaves, and fly by "riding" ambient light rays.
    She would actually provide a new power set to the group as well as an opportunity to explore storylines similar to Starfires with her half alien physiology.
    So how about just saying you dont know anything about the character and like those others better?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Funny you consider Prysm "weak" when shes more powerful than several characters that you consider not weak. Prysm has skin composed of a glass-like organic crystal, which absorbs and refracts light. She can manipulate light to fire laser beams from her eyes, project concussive photon bolts from her hands, generate searing heat by affecting infrared lightwaves, and fly by "riding" ambient light rays.
    She would actually provide a new power set to the group as well as an opportunity to explore storylines similar to Starfires with her half alien physiology.
    So how about just saying you dont know anything about the character and like those others better?
    Well put mate!

BANNED

John Timms seems to be taking over some of the art for the next few issues from Patrick Gleason - hope he'll be back.
    I've got bad news for you...Gleason's jumped over to Marvel and will be a fill-in artist for Amazing Spider-Man whenever Ryan Ottley needs a break

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've got bad news for you...Gleason's jumped over to Marvel and will be a fill-in artist for Amazing Spider-Man whenever Ryan Ottley needs a break

I just saw that.

Though as a big fan of what Spencer's doing on ASM, that could be happy news.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I just saw that.

Though as a big fan of what Spencer's doing on ASM, that could be happy news.
    I'm certainly happy for him. Spencer's run is the best Spidey's been in ages and Gleason could end up drawing a fine Mary Jane , meaning he's worked with both of the big two's most iconic dishes!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm certainly happy for him. Spencer's run is the best Spidey's been in ages and Gleason could end up drawing a fine Mary Jane , meaning he's worked with both of the big two's most iconic dishes!
    I hope so!

But it is pretty sad for YJ and DC as a whole.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Gleason at Marvel is kind of weird to think about .

Bendis must be annoyed, considering he was drawing Action too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's Bendis though, there's no shortage of A-list artists practically at his beck-and-call .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He only did the first arc and then he moved to YJ. Action seems to be the book with constantly rotating artists. I can’t complain though given the high grade artists Bendis has gotten.

Astonishing Member

Going back to the subject of Empress, Secret and Arrowette. While maybe it's not a great idea to put them back on the team, it just struck me that it might be interesting to see what happened to them after the YJ years got erased from people's memories and everyone's lives got reshuffled. If YJ's existence was erased from memory, does Cissie remember the events that led to her quitting the superhero biz? In this reality, was she ever Arrowette at all? Did she go down the dark, angry path she was threatening to? What about Empress and her babified parents? It could show some of the unintended consequences of the retcons that happened to these kids.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Funny you consider Prysm "weak" when shes more powerful than several characters that you consider not weak.
    Yeah, that was silly to list her as 'weak' and then go on in the next breathe to list such planet-busting powerhouses as Tim Drake and Arrowette.

And the premise itself is hogwash, IMO. A team needs to be able to find uses for both the heroes with vast power like Superman and the completely powerless 'two-fisted pulp adventurers' or 'street level types' like Batman.

Prysm has the advantage *and* disadvantage of not being a 'teen' *anything.* She's not a young flash, or a 'teen lantern,' or a young Amazon, Atlantean, Martian, Kryptonian, Thanagarian, member of the Zatara family, Tween Marvel, etc. She's 100% her own thing, and if the team is going to consist of legacies, with Conner, Tim, Cassie and Bart taking on the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash roles, she's perhaps out of place, and belongs more with a group like Raven and Cyborg and Changeling and Starfire, who are 'legacies' of exactly no one, but are forging their own paths.

Argent kind of had it better, since her power *seemed* like the familiar Green Lantern 'energy construct' power set so popular on teams, but she wasn't actually a Green Lantern legacy (like Jade) or an actual ring-bearer (like Teen Lantern).