Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I wouldn't add any more members to the team without removing someone. I think if the team gets too big nobody ends up with enough focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wouldn't add any more members to the team without removing someone. I think if the team gets too big nobody ends up with enough focus.
    Especially with Bendis' writing style I think the smaller the team, the better.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Especially now that the former members have to been well explored and re-stablished, therefore we have yet new members and they need room too.
    In the future could be time for one or two adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've got bad news for you...Gleason's jumped over to Marvel and will be a fill-in artist for Amazing Spider-Man whenever Ryan Ottley needs a break

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21
    Is really sad.. Goodbye forever Gleason and any chance to Robin:Son of Batman and Maya Ducard return..

Only made it 4 issues. Sad to see Gleason go, Timms is OK, but a name would certainly help the long term success of the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'd rather they start exploring Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern before bringing more members on to the team. We barely know anything about them at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'd rather they start exploring Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern before bringing more members on to the team. We barely know anything about them at this point.
    I dig Jinny Hex but Teen Lantern feels superfluous so far. I hope that changes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Funny you consider Prysm "weak" when shes more powerful than several characters that you consider not weak. Prysm has skin composed of a glass-like organic crystal, which absorbs and refracts light. She can manipulate light to fire laser beams from her eyes, project concussive photon bolts from her hands, generate searing heat by affecting infrared lightwaves, and fly by "riding" ambient light rays.
    She would actually provide a new power set to the group as well as an opportunity to explore storylines similar to Starfires with her half alien physiology.
    So how about just saying you dont know anything about the character and like those others better?
    I know her and her abilities BUT!! she is still weaker than:

-Blue Beetle
    -Raven
    -Secret
    -Tula
    -Bombshell
    -Traci13

And she is not useful...because that what she can do also Kon El could do....

You have:
    -Kon El Powerhouse with advanced senses
    -Cassie Powerhouse as leader
    -Tim with his intelligence
    -Bart with his speed
    -Hex as Weapon Expert
    -Lantern as Lantern
    -Amethyst as Magician

What you need is:
    TELEPATH,ARCHER,maybe a second magician because Amethyst could get a series of her own and I dont know powerful she is....

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that was silly to list her as 'weak' and then go on in the next breathe to list such planet-busting powerhouses as Tim Drake and Arrowette.

And the premise itself is hogwash, IMO. A team needs to be able to find uses for both the heroes with vast power like Superman and the completely powerless 'two-fisted pulp adventurers' or 'street level types' like Batman.

Prysm has the advantage *and* disadvantage of not being a 'teen' *anything.* She's not a young flash, or a 'teen lantern,' or a young Amazon, Atlantean, Martian, Kryptonian, Thanagarian, member of the Zatara family, Tween Marvel, etc. She's 100% her own thing, and if the team is going to consist of legacies, with Conner, Tim, Cassie and Bart taking on the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash roles, she's perhaps out of place, and belongs more with a group like Raven and Cyborg and Changeling and Starfire, who are 'legacies' of exactly no one, but are forging their own paths.

Argent kind of had it better, since her power *seemed* like the familiar Green Lantern 'energy construct' power set so popular on teams, but she wasn't actually a Green Lantern legacy (like Jade) or an actual ring-bearer (like Teen Lantern).
    Tim Drake and Arrowette were the main-pillars of the Young Justice and actually Tim Drake of the future has proven to be on Bruce Waynes Level and he was easily able to hold Superman back by using his intelligence...

So yes if you consider Intelligence as power he is extremely powerful...

A Team yes, BUT like I said the new team members should be powerful AND also interesting...to make the Team as powerful and interesting as the Titans and Teen Titans are...

And its not only about the powers, BUT also about the POSITION and that what Prysm could do also Kon El could do....

Arrowette instead is an archer, which is a position which the team so far doesnt have....
    A Telepath and a second magician like Traci13,Raven,Tula....could be very helpful instead..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Especially now that the former members have to been well explored and re-stablished, therefore we have yet new members and they need room too.
    In the future could be time for one or two adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially with Bendis' writing style I think the smaller the team, the better.
    It was stated that Young Justice works as MOVEMENT and not especially as TEAM...
    So I dont see the problem in having a big Team, like in the Anime Series...

It could work like the Youth Organisation of JL,JSA,Legion...

I also think that since it was stated that YJ is a movement, that they keep a core Roster with Tim,Bart,Conner,Cassie and then change the other members depending on Mission and who has time etc.

Lets also not forget that Cassie will be in the Wonder Woman,maybe Titans Comics, Bart in the Flash Comics, Conner in the Superman Comics and Teen Titans or Super Sons or so....Tim in the Batman Comics etc. etc. maybe also in the Trinity or JL Comics...

What do you want to explore with Jinny and Teen Lantern? Amethyst ok, but Teen Lantern and Jinny are new characters and I think that they are fast established and their background explained...Jinny has her ancestor and Teen Lantern has hacked into the Lantern Battery...

Speaking about the established characters Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart...I also dont see big problems:
    -Bart will have the encounter with Barry then also with Wally West II and then with Wally West I, Max Mercury and then probably with Jay Garrick, but since he was trapped in the Force, they only have to explain his Pre-Flashpoint Story (Impulse with YJ,then he got injured and became Kid Flash, then Flash, died and came back as Kid Flash), but he was trapped in the Force during NEW52 and Beginn of Rebirth, so it isnt really difficult
    -Tim was there in NEW52 and Rebirth
    -Conner has a long story, because his Pre-Flashpoint Story was long and also the Gemworld Story is involved...
    -with Cassie its difficult, because we dont know if she comes from NEW52,Pre-Flashpoint or if she is a mix or so...so her story could be interesting and also who her dad is and if she will get the amulett.

With the Teen Titans and the Titans around I think that there is a need to make the Team more powerful by adding members...
    And besides of Amethyst I dont see much to tell about Jinny and Teen Lantern...and also their abilities aren't really something which you have never seen...

I hope for:
    -Traci13
    -Blue Beetle
    -Static
    -Tula

Traci13 is powerful, has cool magical powers and also her backstory is interesting, also Tula (depending on which version you use, I hope for NEW52+Anime) is interesting...
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-13-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Lets also not forget that Cassie will be in the Wonder Woman,maybe Titans Comics, Bart in the Flash Comics, Conner in the Superman Comics and Teen Titans or Super Sons or so....Tim in the Batman Comics etc. etc. maybe also in the Trinity or JL Comics...
    That'd be nice to think, although honestly while I think Conner will definitely show up in the Superman titles I'm less sure about the other Young Justice 4 in their home franchises.

I think the Wonder Woman title is too busy keeping her isolated from the rest of the DCU to incorporate Cassie into it. I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath. Same goes for poor, poor Donna Troy, who is back to being possessed by an evil whatever again, I think.

The current Teen Titans book is doing nothing for me, but I don't know if that means it's not selling well. If it's doing well enough, it'll probably continue to be Damian's team of D-listers he can boss around. Once Bendis is finished with any of the core YJ members, I can see them migrating to Teen Titans in order to shake that book up.

That'd be nice to think, although honestly while I think Conner will definitely show up in the Superman titles I'm less sure about the other Young Justice 4 in their home franchises.
    Bendis writing both books makes Conner an easy task. Williamson was clearly dying to bring back Bart, Jay, and more in The Flash, but was stymied by the current editorial edicts. Wilson's Wonder Woman doesn't seem interested in the larger DCU at the moment. I don't expect Teen Lantern to show up in Morrison & Sharp's The Green Lantern, but it would be fun if she did.

I think the Wonder Woman title is too busy keeping her isolated from the rest of the DCU to incorporate Cassie into it. I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath. Same goes for poor, poor Donna Troy, who is back to being possessed by an evil whatever again, I think.
    I think Wilson said on twitter that she would like to use Donna (or Cassie) but either didn't think she could or wasn't allowed to by DC editorial.
    The current Teen Titans book is doing nothing for me, but I don't know if that means it's not selling well. If it's doing well enough, it'll probably continue to be Damian's team of D-listers he can boss around. Once Bendis is finished with any of the core YJ members, I can see them migrating to Teen Titans in order to shake that book up.
    I don't think new characters automatically need to be D-listers. By that metric, so are Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern .

(Red Arrow does more of the bossing around to be honest).
    Bendis writing both books makes Conner an easy task. Williamson was clearly dying to bring back Bart, Jay, and more in The Flash, but was stymied by the current editorial edicts. Wilson's Wonder Woman doesn't seem interested in the larger DCU at the moment. I don't expect Teen Lantern to show up in Morrison & Sharp's The Green Lantern, but it would be fun if she did.
    I feel like Morrison was teased something with Teen Lantern...

I think Wilson said on twitter that she would like to use Donna (or Cassie) but either didn't think she could or wasn't allowed to by DC editorial.

I don't think new characters automatically need to be D-listers. By that metric, so are Jinny Hex and Teen Lantern .
    I think being co-created by Brian Bendis automatically promotes them to C-list

I think being co-created by Brian Bendis automatically promotes them to C-list
    Maybe if this was old Bendis .