Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How do people who find The Batman Who Giggles annoying compare him with Hush?
    Hush doesn't interest me as a mastermind, he is interesting to me when he's taking the face of Bruce Wayne and later Dick Grayson for how he affects the Batfamily mentally. Such as the scene when he called out Damian for spending time with him as a way to get closer to his father who "died" before he really got to know him.

Basically, I like him when he's messing with the family mentally since he's not a threat physically. At his worst, he's almost like an evil uncle. So he can be annoying, but also amusing. Even if he's non-threatening I can still find something I can enjoy.

The Batman Who Giggles is just someone I want to see as this super high stake, world ending villain since that's how he was introduced. He's a combination of Joker and Batman who are on their own already League level heroes and villains. So if he's around too often, I'll get used to him and eventually he'll become non-threatening, where he shouldn't be.

Don't give out too much about him. It will ruin the mystery. We don't want Joker's back story and Joker's appearance too often for the same reason. If they already tell too much about him, I haven't read it and I don't want to read it.

Yeah, I don't like him either. It's really hard to believe that's actually Bruce Wayne under all that monstrosity. Never liked the idea of Batman becoming a much monstrous version of the Joker, not to mention I've been aware of a Batman of Earth 13 becoming a BatJoker hybrid. Guess that's the whole point of having an evil clown for a villain in DC's POV. And how come no love for the other evil Batmen? And does the Batman Who Laughs even closes his mouth?

Tired isn't the right word. I was never enthused by this lame, uninspired idea in the first place. His subsequent overexposure since his less than interesting debut in Metal has been a source of irritation though.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Can one be tired of something one never thought was interesting in the first place?

Empty is thy hand!

I think it's funny how often ̶J̶u̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ evil Batman has shown up since he was introduced. It's clear that Snyder is trying to make him stick as a major player (cuz it sure isn't gonna happen with Duke, or Harper Row, or bunny ears mechaBat or...).

I don't see this character having a long-term appeal within the DC Universe. I'm not a fan of the character at all. Let's see if he still exists 5-10 years from now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Tired isn't the right word. I was never enthused by this lame, uninspired idea in the first place. His subsequent overexposure since his less than interesting debut in Metal has been a source of irritation though.
    Completely agree. Not only is he getting the (ever expanding) mini by Snyder and Jock, but he's the focus of the ongoing Batman/Superman series.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I’ll be the contrarian and say I enjoy him, but part of my enjoyment comes from how many time I had to endure “Justice League goes bad except Batman” stories. So an Evil Batman is right up my alley honestly. I really haven’t found him too overexposed, he’s been contained to Snyder’s books for the time being.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I’m tired of all craps Snyder is doing at DC Universe.
    Metal and Batman who laughs are unbearable to me, but obviously I’m getting older and my tastes are not like the ones people have today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll be the contrarian and say I enjoy him, but part of my enjoyment comes from how many time I had to endure “Justice League goes bad except Batman” stories. So an Evil Batman is right up my alley honestly. I really haven’t found him too overexposed, he’s been contained to Snyder’s books for the time being.
    Maybe I could see it that way if he didn't feel much more Joker then Batman. The Batman part just seems to explain how he's even more overpowered then Snyder's normal Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’m tired of all craps Snyder is doing at DC Universe.
    Metal and Batman who laughs are unbearable to me, but obviously I’m getting older and my tastes are not like the ones people have today.
    In other words, younger people don't have any decent taste!

I hear you on that, brother!

Spectacular Member

Meh, I'm tired of the whole new 52--

Let's see:

This Joker isn't funny but is instead like a creepy crack addict stalking everyone and being weird; he's like the Jared Leto Joker of comic book Jokers. That's NOT the way to write the Joker. The Joker is supposed to be dark, profound, classy, and actually funny at times. The clown usually uses dark humor to cut the tension or catch the audience off guard, and he's normally used to get people's attention on other characters, such as Bat-girl or Red Hood. This version of Joker doesn't seem like he's performing for anyone. Maybe he's ready to die or retire? Just shoot him and replace him with one of the other three Jokers in that story line that DC will probably NEVER revisit!

Characters that were old favorites have been completely re-done to the point they are unrecognizable. News flash, comic book writers, not everyone reads comics just to know about BATMAN! Batman is actually fairly overused. Maybe I'd like to read a story about Plastic-man or Booster Gold at this point.

I would much rather see existing characters DEVELOPED than for DC to constantly add to the roster. That whole idea that the Joker can't be developed because then he's not scary is just stupid. The Joker wasn't scary to begin with, and that wasn't a problem, because he wasn't really meant to be. Yes, there were those truly terrifying moments that happened in some comics, but they were rare and they stood out for the clown, giving us a glimpse into another side of his character. Trying to make him a mysterious force every issue and treating him like Pennywise doesn't work. Joker's a playable DLC in video games for crying out loud! The character has gotten enough exposure to not be scary. Sure, he's still capable of terrifying things, but he himself is NOT terrifying, just by virtue of being around for so long. We've read about him teaming up with Batman to prove his own innocence, seen the two go on a European vacation (albeit forced by Bane because they were both dying of a virus), and get beaten by Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, just to name a few. Even though the Joker does horrific things in the newer comics, he is still NOT scary. Stop trying to make it happen! This attempt at making him mysterious and creepy is just making it look like you don't know how to write the character!

If we want something Joker-like, we have other options. I personally would like to see the Jokester rebooted, maybe even teamed up with Jason Todd or helping out the Teen Titans! A good guy version of himself would certainly give the Joker something he wasn't expecting, and since Jokester is actually supposed to be a good comedian with real class, hopefully he would also give us some funny dialogue to read and silly situations to digest. Yeah, bring him back, please! He'd probably be too much crazy for the Joker to handle! Plus, he's got all of the Joker's uncannily perfect timing and skills as tactician to boot!

I would be very happy with DC included a Jokester appearance in the Batman Who Laughs series or had him show up as one of the three Jokers they teased.

Duela Dent AKA Joker's Daughter is another Joker-like character who could be fun, if they just let her stick with her original origin as Earth 3 Joker's biological daughter! That was actually kind of cool and maybe explained why she was so crazy! A Joker like character who isn't Harley fighting on the side of good might be refreshing. Yeah, I'm tired of the evil Joker / Batman rip-offs, but I'm also tired of other characters like Harley Quinn.

That said, though, the story does at least look interesting. It's just not my favorite. We didn't need the BWL, unless they were going to use him to get our eyes on some already overlooked characters.

If they ever bring Jokester back, though, I'm NOT going to get tired of him quickly! That crime fighting clown comedian was one fluke that they should have kept.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    Meh, I'm tired of the whole new 52--

Let's see:

This Joker isn't funny but is instead like a creepy crack addict stalking everyone and being weird; he's like the Jared Leto Joker of comic book Jokers. That's NOT the way to write the Joker. The Joker is supposed to be dark, profound, classy, and actually funny at times. The clown usually uses dark humor to cut the tension or catch the audience off guard, and he's normally used to get people's attention on other characters, such as Bat-girl or Red Hood. This version of Joker doesn't seem like he's performing for anyone. Maybe he's ready to die or retire? Just shoot him and replace him with one of the other three Jokers in that story line that DC will probably NEVER revisit!

Characters that were old favorites have been completely re-done to the point they are unrecognizable. News flash, comic book writers, not everyone reads comics just to know about BATMAN! Batman is actually fairly overused. Maybe I'd like to read a story about Plastic-man or Booster Gold at this point.

I would much rather see existing characters DEVELOPED than for DC to constantly add to the roster. That whole idea that the Joker can't be developed because then he's not scary is just stupid. The Joker wasn't scary to begin with, and that wasn't a problem, because he wasn't really meant to be. Yes, there were those truly terrifying moments that happened in some comics, but they were rare and they stood out for the clown, giving us a glimpse into another side of his character. Trying to make him a mysterious force every issue and treating him like Pennywise doesn't work. Joker's a playable DLC in video games for crying out loud! The character has gotten enough exposure to not be scary. Sure, he's still capable of terrifying things, but he himself is NOT terrifying, just by virtue of being around for so long. We've read about him teaming up with Batman to prove his own innocence, seen the two go on a European vacation (albeit forced by Bane because they were both dying of a virus), and get beaten by Shaggy and Scooby-Doo, just to name a few. Even though the Joker does horrific things in the newer comics, he is still NOT scary. Stop trying to make it happen! This attempt at making him mysterious and creepy is just making it look like you don't know how to write the character!

If we want something Joker-like, we have other options. I personally would like to see the Jokester rebooted, maybe even teamed up with Jason Todd or helping out the Teen Titans! A good guy version of himself would certainly give the Joker something he wasn't expecting, and since Jokester is actually supposed to be a good comedian with real class, hopefully he would also give us some funny dialogue to read and silly situations to digest. Yeah, bring him back, please! He'd probably be too much crazy for the Joker to handle! Plus, he's got all of the Joker's uncannily perfect timing and skills as tactician to boot!

I would be very happy with DC included a Jokester appearance in the Batman Who Laughs series or had him show up as one of the three Jokers they teased.

Duela Dent AKA Joker's Daughter is another Joker-like character who could be fun, if they just let her stick with her original origin as Earth 3 Joker's biological daughter! That was actually kind of cool and maybe explained why she was so crazy! A Joker like character who isn't Harley fighting on the side of good might be refreshing. Yeah, I'm tired of the evil Joker / Batman rip-offs, but I'm also tired of other characters like Harley Quinn.

That said, though, the story does at least look interesting. It's just not my favorite. We didn't need the BWL, unless they were going to use him to get our eyes on some already overlooked characters.

If they ever bring Jokester back, though, I'm NOT going to get tired of him quickly! That crime fighting clown comedian was one fluke that they should have kept.
    looks like you will have to be satisfied with mime and marionette till the three joker's storyline materializes for your joker fix.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Batman Who Laughs and Metal were mistakes.
    Yeah both are pretty bad.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Yeah both are pretty bad.
    At least in Metal, most of the Evil Bat-Men weren't wearing a spike eyepiece they can't see through.