Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

His aesthetics are awful too. Nothing about either batman or the joker screams spiky eyes. He's just a Dark Judge knockoff from Judge Dredd. There is absolutely nothing going for this "character."
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    His aesthetics are awful too. Nothing about either batman or the joker screams spiky eyes. He's just a Dark Judge knockoff from Judge Dredd. There is absolutely nothing going for this "character."
    Maybe they could do a panel or two where his eyeballs pop out his nostrils or something.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The spiky eyes are the Metal aesthetics. Metal CD covers. You know, demons, leathers, chains, reapers, torture, iron maidens, skulls, zombies, catacombs, gravestones... stuffs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The spiky eyes are the Metal aesthetics. Metal CD covers. You know, demons, leathers, chains, reapers, torture, iron maidens, skulls, zombies, catacombs, gravestones... stuffs like that.
    And which one of them is supposed to be into Metal? Batman or Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In the story? Damian... that's also in Batman's dream so... Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In the story? Damian... that's also in Batman's dream so... Batman.
    You sure it's not suppose to be Aunt Harriet?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, wait. Sorry. It was Superman's dream, but Bruce did let Damian's band play in the celebration party

Spectacular Member

Really, they're doing interesting things with the Batman Who Laughs story line. I thought the part where the Joker infects his Batman with the same toxin in an attempt to help him was actually pretty interesting, but, other than that, I'm not sure. Batman and the Joker normally team up with each other during times of crisis, and the Batman Who Laughs is considered a crisis. Making the Joker ignore the BWL is at least a little odd.

This new villain could be cool if he were a villain for both Batman and the Joker, forcing the Joker into kind of an anti-hero role, but so far I don't really see that happening. The Joker nearly killed himself to change Batman to help stop this monster, but he hasn't provided much more assistance, has he? That leaves the BWL as just another villain Batman has to beat.

I'm okay with new Joker-like characters, but I don't think they should all occupy the position of villains. I would even be okay with the Joker character himself taking up the role of an anti-hero for a while. There are mechanisms in the DC universe that could cause the Joker to have a change of heart, such as an indigo ring.

----------------
    I think what they could do is just kill off the new 52 Joker and revive him as an earlier incarnation that's more "Jokery" and funny. Personally, I don't think the Joker should just be a scary clown; that makes him really one-note. I would like the character to get some development or at least the illusion of development.
    Last edited by kcomics; 05-05-2019 at 11:35 AM.

I am tired of him.

We have the real Joker and now Bruce is making the idiot after be infected for the Joker and this bat who laughs will survive to his own serie..

Is not enough with the alien Lex to "change the world"? Why we need him? I hope that he dies during this year..

For this Bat Who laughts fault the 3 Jokers thing will be delayed again..

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Tired isn't the right word. I was never enthused by this lame, uninspired idea in the first place. His subsequent overexposure since his less than interesting debut in Metal has been a source of irritation though.
    Since the begin I saw this as one bad idea.. But I though that Metal will kill him too..

and now I am watching that he is still alive corrupting more young boys transforming them into Jok-Robins.. I hate that, is the reason because I hate Doctor Pygg that is always transforming the people into monsters..

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    Meh, I'm tired of the whole new 52.
    N52? That ended in rebirth.. The "Bat who laughs" appeared after all N52 era..

If you have to blame N52 blame it for things that happened during these years(or characters&stories that were erased) not for one character that was created after Rebirth..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-07-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does Aunt Harriet even exist post crisis? And what about Bruce Wayne's aunt from the 50s? For that matter, Penguin's aunt from the 40s Sunday comics?

Fantastic Member

why not let bruce kill the batman who laughs with a gun would it be considered suicide how would that be taken in . Well since the current regime already makes him nonsensical it would be interesting to do that

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    why not let bruce kill the batman who laughs with a gun would it be considered suicide how would that be taken in . Well since the current regime already makes him nonsensical it would be interesting to do that
    1, that wouldn't be suicide, as TBWL is a separate entity to Bruce. 2, lets not compound something we don't necessarily like with the worst possible thing they could do.

Batman should never kill. Batman should never use a gun. If you want a murderous Batman, just read The Punisher (or watch any live action Batman movie, sadly).

I'm sure TBWL has his fans, I'm not necessarily advocating wiping him from existence, I just think its a bit much for him to be appearing so much. It just feels forced, like they realise he is selling books, so they're milking him for all his worth as quickly as possible before the hype dies off.

There was some mention of TBWL holding off Three Jokers, so he does have one saving grace. I keep hoping Three Jokers will be shunted off into a side continuity.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    1, that wouldn't be suicide, as TBWL is a separate entity to Bruce. 2, lets not compound something we don't necessarily like with the worst possible thing they could do.

Batman should never kill. Batman should never use a gun. If you want a murderous Batman, just read The Punisher (or watch any live action Batman movie, sadly).

I'm sure TBWL has his fans, I'm not necessarily advocating wiping him from existence, I just think its a bit much for him to be appearing so much. It just feels forced, like they realise he is selling books, so they're milking him for all his worth as quickly as possible before the hype dies off.

There was some mention of TBWL holding off Three Jokers, so he does have one saving grace. I keep hoping Three Jokers will be shunted off into a side continuity.
    tell that to grant Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    tell that to grant Morrison.
    I know. And it is the scene was the straw that broke the camel's back and that literally made me quite reading Batman comics until the New 52 reboot.

I have since gone back and filled in the gaps (and excluding that scene I LOVE Final Crisis), but Morrison's Bruce Wayne Batman was garbage and a decent editor should have actually put his foot down on a few things. His Dick/Damian run was super fun, though.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcomics View Post
    Really, they're doing interesting things with the Batman Who Laughs story line. I thought the part where the Joker infects his Batman with the same toxin in an attempt to help him was actually pretty interesting, but, other than that, I'm not sure. Batman and the Joker normally team up with each other during times of crisis, and the Batman Who Laughs is considered a crisis. Making the Joker ignore the BWL is at least a little odd.

This new villain could be cool if he were a villain for both Batman and the Joker, forcing the Joker into kind of an anti-hero role, but so far I don't really see that happening. The Joker nearly killed himself to change Batman to help stop this monster, but he hasn't provided much more assistance, has he? That leaves the BWL as just another villain Batman has to beat.

I'm okay with new Joker-like characters, but I don't think they should all occupy the position of villains. I would even be okay with the Joker character himself taking up the role of an anti-hero for a while. There are mechanisms in the DC universe that could cause the Joker to have a change of heart, such as an indigo ring.

----------------
    I think what they could do is just kill off the new 52 Joker and revive him as an earlier incarnation that's more "Jokery" and funny. Personally, I don't think the Joker should just be a scary clown; that makes him really one-note. I would like the character to get some development or at least the illusion of development.

Batman and Joker team ups are very rare, but I don't think they should ever team up in main continuity stories. Batman should despise everything The Joker is, and there should be no reason extreme enough that he willing works with Joker. And why would he even trust him? If Batman wouldn't work with Huntress in the 90's, there is no reason he should work with The Joker.

However, did you read White Knight? That was an excellent exploration of the Batman/Joker dynamic from several different angles, and was beautiful to look at. It really benefited from being it's own continuity.

I'm not reading TBWL, but it doesn't really sound like my kinda thing. Is TBWK the "narrator" in that book? Does it delve into his psyche and offer insight into how his mind works, who he is and why he is doing what he is doing? Also, does it explain how he is doing what he is doing (he is, after all, not native to our Earth), or is he just able to do/know things because the story needs him to?

I liked the New 52 Joker, at least he felt like a threat again. I'm still annoyed we never got the most interesting story from this era; how the pale man who visits Bruce in the park becomes The Joker again. What happened when he was resurrected, what did he do, was he sane, how did he find out about his past, how did he become The Joker again, was it intentional, and accident or forced? But he just showed up as Joker again at the start of DK:M with no explanation.
    Last edited by exile001; 05-08-2019 at 04:23 AM.