Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Personally I don’t mind angels, but I have an acute hatred of angles. I know it’s not right; angles are basically fine; and I’m probably just being obtuse, but I can’t help it - it’s a reflex.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    He also passed through that just fine, just by your own later scans. Shortly after he wasn't even knocked out by one of the weirder black holes out there..... just like Reed Richards who survived direct exposure to it
    Reed did comment that they only survived because he and Sue were in a ship built by Galactus.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Personally I don’t mind angels, but I have an acute hatred of angles. I know it’s not right; angles are basically fine; and I’m probably just being obtuse, but I can’t help it - it’s a reflex.
    Gonna hit you with a boat.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well at least you're not being oblique about your feelings... but there's no need to be so Kurt about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gonna hit you with a boat.
    Yeah that can be devastating..... at the right angle

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Reed did comment that they only survived because he and Sue were in a ship built by Galactus.
    They later busted a hole through it. Then entered the black hole. Then specifically ask Surfer and Sue to repair it inside said black hole after they've been exposed to it for a fair while. Surfer doesn't pass out this time

and I’m probably just being obtuse, but I can’t help it - it’s a reflex.
    Nicely done.

Well at least you're not being oblique about your feelings... but there's no need to be so Kurt about it!
    Equally so.

I want to say puns also kill angels, but at that point given recent posts I'd also be guilty of angelocide, and also this thread would reach later seasons of Supernatural averages for angel death tolls.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

only someone super evil would want to kill angels.

like........a witch or something.

Or anyone with common sense though. Like mosquitoes, those guys.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

About Silver Surfer and black holes, he's about to get a new comic centered around him getting drawn into a black hole and getting into some spirituality/galaxy endangering business according to solicitations. It's just his kind of story, whether the wonders of astrophysics are heavily featured or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I would call it you have an interesting perspective on Final Crisis. Your own scan notes the entire planet is contained within Darkseid's "Doomsday Singularity". How durable does that make everyone on planet earth, and planet earth?
    That was later revealed as Superman storing them in cryofreeze after miniaturizing them before Earth fell into the black hole and a few escaped to an another universe.

It's pretty convoluted TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Couple of points on some of these scans...

The art seems to show him in the black hole and not otherwise adversely effected. Nova says, "If Galactus hadn't pulled us out we'd have been crushed and spewed out into another universe," That's Nova being unsure if they could survive. No one in that black hole seems that hurt by the experience.
    Surfer agreed that Galactus saved them however. It's not just Nova saying something.

Jumps into a black hole and is apparently unhurt if knocked out and is sucked through it into "the mystical universe," It's worth noting that the scans you've provided we don't actually see Norrin unconscious. He jumps in, falls off his board and is then like "Where are we now?" Again, no damage from a black hole.
    Getting koed is not damaged? Because it's straight up stated that he was koed by one.

This appears to be a sentient black hole being that sends Norrin on some kind of spirit quest so big grains of salt here. Again, he seems to be unhurt by his experience in the black hole.
    If by unhurt you mean we see his board getting shredded and his skin ripped apart before even entering the black hole, sure.

The worst thing you could say about these feats is that he sometimes has trouble getting out of black holes and might be nervous about shutting them down. That's still a pretty good track record.
    Not sure how you reached at that conclusion when we have seen him getting koed by Black holes at least twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What was happening with Darkseid was a particular thing involving the after effects of his dying and the apparent cosmic significance of his doing so. That's not the same thing as what amounts to a standard damaging effect.
    We straight up see the black hole rupture time space across the universe. What else is needed there?

He emerged unscathed from the one in Annihilation, he fought inside one just fine with Red Shift as you yourself, and the showing from Star Masters involves him saying he can't stop one, that has nothing to do with his durability vis a vis such things, the thing we are talking about here. Soo..
    He never went inside a black hole in Annihilation. His only good showing regarding a black hole is with red shift.

You've got three showings where a black hole does basically nothing to him, 2 showings where he survives travelling through one but is KO'd-ish for doing so and one of those involves some weird spiritual thing, 1 where it would have maybe killed him, and one that has nothing to do with anything.
    Not sure how you reached there but OK? GLs have better showings against Black Holes in particular and Superman too.
    You have an odd take on "less than stellar record." When half the time they do not much at all to him by your own notes. By that standard, Superman has some not great showings with black holes as well.
    In Byrne era, sure. Not afterwards though, heck even Jon Kent (12 years old) went into a black hole just fine.

Under the same writer, Drax, who also got one move taken out by Odin in that sequence, could do things like get dipped into a star to no effect, along with a variety of other high scale nonsense, so trying to discount Thanos' own performance vs Odin by "well under Starlin the Surfer is weak therefore this is basically meaningless for saying Thanos is impressive" doesn't work.
    Being inside Sun is hardly a high scale nonsense though.

By the same writer, Maxam (equal to a calm Drax WITH power Gem) couldn't lift a boulder to save him. Starlin doesn't writes much high end nonsense, his Galactus almost died in two planets collision, actually disintegrated Surfer, Galactus and Dr Strange by a blast stated to destroy a star system and Omega (twice as powerful as Galactus) died by destruction of one planet.

The point with Thanos is that he wasn't just drawn into one, it went so far as to collapse on him, and its power, despite its size, was noted as affecting things within a two light year radius.
    Not that big honestly.

I wouldn't really say so, they have enough times where they're treated with enough gravitas just fine.
    Meh, I disagree.

And Batman and all other humans too....

The GLs were actually not inside it except Stewart
    No, they weren't.

GLs fell through it and reached it at the end of the book 7.