Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t do collected editions, I just do floppies, so I’ll do runs/volumes.

1. Superman 650-714, Action Comics 837-904, World of New Krypton/Last Stand of New Krypton/War of the Supermen

2. Superman/Batman 1-87

3. Superman: Secret Origin

4. Trinity 1-52

5. Supergirl 1-67, Superboy 1-11 (Jeff Lemire run)
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 05-11-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's very particular. If I took my desert island entertainment from one era it would have to be either the stuff from about Action 393 to 473 or Adventures of Superman 424 to 494.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, who remembers this little gem?:

The Complete Frank Miller Batman.

A Leather-bound single volume hardcover containing THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, YEAR ONE, and a 3rd story I never heard of.

Can you imagine ...

The Complete Grant Morrison Superman.

ALL- STAR SUPERMAN + his entire ACTION COMICS vol 2 run in one leather-bound single Volume hardcover?

A) how many pages would that be?

B) how much would something like that cost?
    Rofl I have to wonder what business Santa had there. A Superman by Morrison collection with those would have to be 700 to 900 pages depending on the extra chapters and bonus material included in the two runs. Easily a large $75 hardcover.

The work of Morrison would be a near perfect list unto itself (Action trades 1-3, Final Crisis, and All Star) although I don't think two of those mesh. I know that All Star and Action are related in concept, but I find the difference jarring. Perhaps if All Star had Jim Lee as intended and Andy Kubert was main artist on Action they would be my all time favorites.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's very particular. If I took my desert island entertainment from one era it would have to be either the stuff from about Action 393 to 473 or Adventures of Superman 424 to 494.
    I’m currently collecting this era, and I’m genuinely enjoying it. I want to see it out to the end.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That era burned me because none of the local stores could manage the WoNK checklist properly and the trades were inefficiently listed. Basically for keeps the post IC era for me falls to LoSH and Camelot Falls, which was split into two trades for some reason.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

That era burned me because none of the local stores could manage the WoNK checklist properly and the trades were inefficiently listed. Basically for keeps the post IC era for me falls to LoSH and Camelot Falls, which was split into two trades for some reason.
    The one nice thing about reading back issues is I can find the reading orders online.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

A Superman by Morrison collection with those would have to be 700 to 900 pages depending on the extra chapters and bonus material included in the two runs. Easily a large $75 hardcover.

The work of Morrison would be a near perfect list unto itself (Action trades 1-3, Final Crisis, and All Star) although I don't think two of those mesh. I know that All Star and Action are related in concept, but I find the difference jarring. Perhaps if All Star had Jim Lee as intended and Andy Kubert was main artist on Action they would be my all time favorites.

Ooh! Ooh! I got it!

THE COMPLETE GRANT MORRISON SUPERMAN

All-Star Superman (12 issues)

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D (2 issues)

Action Comics Volume 2 (19 issues)

33 issues in one single volume hardcover edition. Probably 725-750 pages total. Easily worth $75.00.
    Would buy immediately.

But for now, I'd settle for Grant Morrison's 19 issue New52 ACTION COMICS run to be collected in one definitive edition first.