Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They'd have to buy Sony for that to be a possibility.
    Technically, that would be Disney buying Columbia Pictures from Sony. It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Technically, that would be Disney buying Columbia Pictures from Sony. It could happen.
    If they had another trillion dollars to spend sure.

BANNED

If they had another trillion dollars to spend sure.
    I’m sure they have it

I’m sure they have it
    They had to use loans and stock to payoff the last one they are in the red now it's going to be years before they start making a real profit so no they don't have it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    Wouldn't Hawkeye go back to being retired and/or being under house arrest? He's still a wanted criminal as far as I'm aware.
    Hes not wanted he turned himself in and got house arrest. Antman got off House arrest right before the snap so Hawkeye should have been real.close too anyway. Then the snap probaly destroyed the system so I think Hawkeyes in the clear. He should be more worried about Rhodey telling people what he did as Ronin.

So the Russos say one the characters is secretly gay. My list of possible people would be

Rhodey
    Sam(Doubt they Make the new Cap Black and Gay)
    Bucky(we saw him with a girl in the 40s but given the time that coulda been a ruse)
    Carol
    Loki(If hes still alive given what happened in Endgame)
    Fury(Wait did Captain Marvel ssy he had a wife?.. maybe iono been While)
    Maria Hill
    Rocket and Groot(Either of them being gay would be weird and pointless since they are never gonna be with anyone)
    Nebula.

If I was betting on a hero I'd say Rhodey
    Villian I dont know Loki and Nebula both could easily be gay.

Making Carol gay I think might undercut her and send the message that super tough women are gay.

Buckys a good option too especialy since him not being open about it would make for good story telling. He can confide in Sam, and explain to him how the time he came from being gay wasnt an option. Could give his character a new wrinkle going forward. Also fan girls were trying to make him and Cap gay for years.

Rhodey if they arent trying to set him up with Carol makes sense. I think hes someone who you can easily make gay. Could give another layer of context to his lack of interest In the strippers in IronMan. Also making Rhodey gay isn't gonna piss too many people off. Like Homophobes maybe but your average MCU fan isnt gonna feel betrayed by Rhodey being gay. It doesn't really impact his character at all.

Astonishing Member

From what I saw in this thread, no one is suggesting characters who haven't been introduced yet. I know people have gotten used to the idea of "Introduced in Movie X, an Avenger in Movie Y", but I'm not sure everyone needs an introduction. Skipping past that stuff could give a greater feeling that there are day-to-day superheroic goings-on. So many that not all of them can be put on film. Not every villain is a Red Skull or Loki or Thanos. When we're not watching they're dealing with small-timers like Blizzard, Whirlwind and Boomerang. And maybe some hero meetings are too. The ones that aren't epic team-ups so much as "Hey, you're that Black Knight guy. Cool. I'm with the Avengers, you should give us a call sometime [hands business card]". So, my picks for the New Avengers:

Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Ant-Man
    Wasp
    Hercules
    Spectrum
    Jack of Hearts

Okay, maybe not. But still, it would be a fun opportunity to introduce some newbies.

And now that we have an older Cassie Lang, we should get a Young Avengers or A-Next team since the MCU could use some young heroes besides Spider-Man. It would be hard to introduce the full original YA team, so I'd go with . . .

Patriot
    Ironheart
    Thunderstrike
    Brawn
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
    Stinger

I figure it would be best to base it on the original MCU Avengers line-up but with Cassie taking the Black Widow slot (I don't think there's a teenage counterpart to the Black Widow in the comics).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

After the success of venom and marvel pumping new life into spider Man I can definitely see Sony not needing the MCU any more and doing there own thing dwon the road.
    Lets be honest , Marvel using Spider-Man has helped the property and others gain attention. Venom itself did huge and a lot is due to attention Spider-Man itself generated from being part of Marvel Universe. The latest Spider-Man game did well due to that attention. Sony would be silly to walk off from that. They will re-up the deal more than likely.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The New Avengers....(with new properties...)

Black Panther (Will take over running the team and fiances).
    Ant Man (comic relief)
    Scarlet Witch (The inner struggle for wanting peaceful life with Vision)
    Hercules (Takes the Thor role , loves to drink n hit on women)
    Hawkeye (Back as 2nd in command this time)
    Black Knight (Takes the Stark role , a robotics genius)
    Captain Marvel (Will take the power house role)
    Nebula (Will want to be human and gets close with Dane Whitman)
    Doctor Strange (Takes the smart ass role Tony Stark had)

You can develop Whitman and Nebula as this weird reverse Vision/Scarlet Witch. Nebula in the "New Avengers" stuns everyone in a few years down the line and appears as a human woman. Its revealed Whitman who is a robotics genius has crafted her a human type skin effect .

I think they can really do more with Nebula as a whole with Avengers. Plus putting Hercules and Black Knight in the Avengers fills 2 roles ahead.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Is it possible Sony and Disney could make a deal to pull Venom into the mcu?

Is it possible Sony and Disney could make a deal to pull Venom into the mcu?
    Not Tom HARDYS venom. Fegie dont want anything they didnt create in the MCU. A version of Venom sure but Sony gonna do they're own trilogy of Venom movies I'm assuming so not anytime soon. I'm more interested in the Villians that havent been used. What ones DO Sony wanna keep for themselves and what can be in the MCU. COOGLER wanted Kraven in Black Panther and got a big No. Storming Norman, Doc Ock, Rhino,m etc... who is Sony willing to use in the MCU and who are they saving for they're own Spidermanless spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The New Avengers....(with new properties...)

Black Panther (Will take over running the team and fiances).
    Ant Man (comic relief)
    Scarlet Witch (The inner struggle for wanting peaceful life with Vision)
    Hercules (Takes the Thor role , loves to drink n hit on women)
    Hawkeye (Back as 2nd in command this time)
    Black Knight (Takes the Stark role , a robotics genius)
    Captain Marvel (Will take the power house role)
    Nebula (Will want to be human and gets close with Dane Whitman)
    Doctor Strange (Takes the smart ass role Tony Stark had)

You can develop Whitman and Nebula as this weird reverse Vision/Scarlet Witch. Nebula in the "New Avengers" stuns everyone in a few years down the line and appears as a human woman. Its revealed Whitman who is a robotics genius has crafted her a human type skin effect .

I think they can really do more with Nebula as a whole with Avengers. Plus putting Hercules and Black Knight in the Avengers fills 2 roles ahead.
    Please no they started making Dr Strange feel right during the last two movies. Dont go back to him trying to act like Stark and making quips. Hes funny in Infinity war just by being a dick same in Ragnarok. He dont need to be a quippy and have delivering zingers.

Hercules if the rumors are true is gonna be gay.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Lets be honest , Marvel using Spider-Man has helped the property and others gain attention. Venom itself did huge and a lot is due to attention Spider-Man itself generated from being part of Marvel Universe. The latest Spider-Man game did well due to that attention. Sony would be silly to walk off from that. They will re-up the deal more than likely.
    I give it 50/50

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like to see Iron Fist plucked out of his subpar show and plopped into a big AVENGERS flick. It's been a while since the point where his show left off, he's not rich anymore. In fact he mostly wanders around, or crashes at Luke's apartment.

Luke Cage could appear also, but not really want to be part of it. Colleen/White Tiger and Misty Knight too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-13-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

I wonder how long Don Cheadle is going to want to play War Machine, myself. Recast again? :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder how long Don Cheadle is going to want to play War Machine, myself. Recast again? :P
    When I saw Endgame, one of the things that really struck me was how thin Cheadle looks. I wondered if he is ill irl. I don't think so, but it was striking.