Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Alternate timeline. Here's the new team. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Yeah, I think you're right in using the term pansexual to define Hercules. I'm all for Marvel really experimenting with the Eternals brand. My problem with Hercules was always that he looked like a big doofus. IMO, his costume has always sucked. I thought the colour scheme Marvel gave him were very lame, as well.

Marvel does not have a good history, IMO, of creating great costumes. I think DC does a much, much better job of creating live-action versions of their comics counterparts that are very unique and aesthetically pleasing. Also, I like that idea of him being an original Stark Industries investor. That's pretty clever. If Marvel Studios were to bring to live action a Hercules you described, with a great costume, I might actually become a big-time Hercules fan.
    See I liked what DC done recently with the exception of flash costume wise. But Shzama,Superman and Batmans costume needed to take some padding out. I like Marvels costumes minus a few setbacks

Won’t they reboot in a few years? I mean passing the character names down to someone else over & over doesn’t do much for me. I sure I’m in the minority there. I’d say go a few years with what’s left and reboot.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Won’t they reboot in a few years? I mean passing the character names down to someone else over & over doesn’t do much for me. I sure I’m in the minority there. I’d say go a few years with what’s left and reboot.
    They’ve already proven they don’t need to depend on the same handful of characters to make hits that the GA loves plus the next generation of characters (T’calla, Strange, Carol, etc) are in much better positions than the trinity were back in phase 1. Why would they reboot now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They’ve already proven they don’t need to depend on the same handful of characters to make hits that the GA loves plus the next generation of characters (T’calla, Strange, Carol, etc) are in much better positions than the trinity were back in phase 1. Why would they reboot now?
    Plus atleast one of the trinity is signing on for more. And I'm willin to bet we see Steve Rogers again in some small capacity and A.I Tony Stark is always open to come back if RDJ wants.

But yea they dont need them, they're least successful is Antman and by normal standards those movies are highly successful. Captain Marvel and Black Panther solo outings were huge, Strange was solid also and if his movies embrace the character hes been more in these last couple avengers movies I can see them doing better. Once MCU has a new franchise fail then we can start wondering if a reboot is coming. But even then its gonna take more then one

BANNED

At least as interesting to me is HOW will there be a new Avengers?

There's no S.H.I.E.L.D. There's no Stark. Assume there's no Pepper since Paltrow has indicated a desire to move on. There's no Avengers headquarters or tech. The government is at best neutral about a team of superheroes (could change after Endgame, but we'll see).

So is Avengers reduced to nothing more than a group of superheroes showing up at the same time and place, rather than a cohesive team with shared resources? With the death of Stark and the elimination of S.H.I.E.L.D., how does Avengers even work in the MCU?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post

There's no S.H.I.E.L.D. There's no Stark. Assume there's no Pepper since Paltrow has indicated a desire to move on. There's no Avengers headquarters or tech. The government is at best neutral about a team of superheroes (could change after Endgame, but we'll see).

So is Avengers reduced to nothing more than a group of superheroes showing up at the same time and place, rather than a cohesive team with shared resources? With the death of Stark and the elimination of S.H.I.E.L.D., how does Avengers even work in the MCU?
    T’calla pays for everything?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I think the MCU is ripe for stories dealing with the fallout of the snap. Which they'll probably never do.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah like others have said should be pretty easy for BP to finance a new team HQ and provide tech. Plus Prof. Hulk definitely should have some Avengers tech he and Tony collaborated on a lot of stuff.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They can simply recast and go in a new direction ahead. Already folks are musing about the messing with time and how someone mentioned on a thread here that Wong and others warned Dr. Strange about messing with the time stream. That there is consequences ahead. So my solution...as insane as it sounds...

Now before people go UGH and no way , no teen Tony Stark. Well this would work better in a way. Instead of the Kang situation where Tony died a villain etc. In the film universe he died a hero. He is praised and in a few years after building new characters (Eternals , Fantastic Four , possible Black Knight film etc) , you can build Kang as this new big baddie . Someone who due to the ramifications of time travel creation was created in the 43rd century. His technology is so ahead and he wants to become the Lord of Time itself.

The New Avengers (T'Challa , Carol , Black Knight , etc) need a technical genius. Reed and Scott Lang are there but they need someone who is a technical wiz. So Lang in another moment of comedic genius goes... "Its a shame we can't go to an alternate universe and get a Tony Stark before he died." Reed will bring up that the Negative Zone will allow them to travel possibly to alternate universes. But they have to get the right Tony to make it click.

So they go to an Earth where a younger version of Tony exists . A college student who is a genius but has no real direction and bring him to our universe to stop Kang. At the end this Tony Stark decides to stay (he loves the future tech he can work with and build. He's more an eccentric creator than the last Tony). Nick Fury assists in creating a story that college Tony Stark is in fact Tony's son who no one knew. To feed the press . A fact which irks this Tony as he's the real deal. Yet comically bristles as folks call him "Tony Stark Jr..."

Captain America is easier to get. You recast , go into past and convince him he's needed to lead the Avengers against a bigger threat. His sense of duty will push him to go.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm assuming Fury is bringing Shield back either that or him and Maria Hill are just freelance spys recruiting superheroes in Far from home.

As was said Tchalla can fund it. Pepper can keep the funding going. Tony's will coulda have specified a certain something left for the avengers. If the Hercules in Eternals rumor turns out to be true hes also someone capable of finding a team in the comics and a original investor in Stark Industries. But yea mostly likely Tonyd will took care of all this

Ya know whats insane....we could comically have a near 1990's team of Avengers if rumors of Black Knight is happening and Hercules does happen in Eternals. Which would be a funny thing to see and folks going crazy to get 90's Avengers comics lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ya know whats insane....we could comically have a near 1990's team of Avengers if rumors of Black Knight is happening and Hercules does happen in Eternals. Which would be a funny thing to see and folks going crazy to get 90's Avengers comics lol.
    Especially with the ghastly art and colors, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Especially with the ghastly art and colors, lol!
    I just want Black Knight to rock his 90's look with leather jacket and electric sword. I'll be damn happy if they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It will be interesting to see if there is any drop off after Endgame in terms of viewership. There may be some but in general I think the MCU has built such good will that they can keep on trucking.

They could go the New Avengers route where Strange housed them and allowed them to work out of his Sactum. OR T’Challa could allow them to work out of Wakanda. For now I see them focusing on smaller films and building to a new film that would call for all of them to assemble again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!