Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    people who describe themselves as "longtime fans" are going to be salty no matter what. it's part of the badge. people are already preparing themselves to be disappointed despite Hunted (a story that seemingly has nothing to do with the centipede guy) being pretty friggin awesome.
    Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't go in expecting the worst, guys.

Astonishing Member

people who describe themselves as "longtime fans" are going to be salty no matter what. it's part of the badge. people are already preparing themselves to be disappointed despite Hunted (a story that seemingly has nothing to do with the centipede guy) being pretty friggin awesome.
    The reason why long time readers are prepared to be disappointed is a Decade of Dan Slott game playing coupled with ( on average) bad stories. Think of the story Arc where readers were led to expect MJ and got Jackpot instead ( that is one minor example).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The reason why long time readers are prepared to be disappointed is a Decade of Dan Slott game playing coupled with ( on average) bad stories. Think of the story Arc where readers were led to expect MJ and got Jackpot instead ( that is one minor example).
    Whether you enjoyed Slott's run or didn't (as you clearly didn't), it has nothing to do with his run. This has everything to do with a character who has had tens of thousands of stories told about him over the last 56+ years----there have been more buildups and letdowns than payoffs that truly satisfied and became classic stories. Even Hobgoblin, widely considered one of the greatest villains ever, had a crappy and convoluted "reveal" before Stern corrected it years later. It's very difficult to truly surprise and satisfy fans today----there's just too much history and also access via the internet to pick storylines apart before their resolution.

Having said all that, I agree with those that feel the reveal is less important than the story trajectory following the reveal and long-term payoff-----that's where this story will really rise or fall, and possibly Spencer's run as well.

BANNED

Look at how far Tom King fell after his "twist" in Batman#50, still scores high in sales, but everyone's basically wanting him to do only one thing at the end of his run, and somehow I doubt he's gonna do it, a lot of fans are going to reevaluate his run as a waste of time if Bruce and Selina don't get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And Centipede is in it stalking MJ, and her fate is tied to visions Peter is having (though at the moment Spencer has completly forgotten about it)
    that doesn't sound like Spencer, at all.

BANNED

There's every chance we'll get back to it next issue, it's just it hasn't been brought up the last few weeks

Astonishing Member

I am so tired of Cap and Kirby eating pizza with a fork myth. There are two great pizza cities in America. New York and Chicago. In NY you never use a fork on pizza. It does not matter if it is Long Island ( where I am originally from), Arthur Ave ( The Bronx) or Mott & Mulberry ( Little Italy), this is a no,no. For a Neapolitan Slice, you fold it in half this way your cheese and other ingredients (ike pepperoni) do not drop off. Eating pizza with a fork in NY is like rooting for the Red Sox in Yankee Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Whether you enjoyed Slott's run or didn't (as you clearly didn't), it has nothing to do with his run. This has everything to do with a character who has had tens of thousands of stories told about him over the last 56+ years----there have been more buildups and letdowns than payoffs that truly satisfied and became classic stories. Even Hobgoblin, widely considered one of the greatest villains ever, had a crappy and convoluted "reveal" before Stern corrected it years later. It's very difficult to truly surprise and satisfy fans today----there's just too much history and also access via the internet to pick storylines apart before their resolution.
    I wonder if its due to having such a long history and not having an ending plays a part in this. I doubt The Amazing Spiderman title will ever get into a point where they finally decide to end his character and not write any more stories for him since he is their money marker. I guess that's one of my complaints about comics is that the character has been through so much and when a writer does introduce something new fans immediately give it negative reviews and since these characters, their stories seem to not end so if they introduce something new most of the time it isn't permanent and it will return to normal in a couple of months which makes it pointless in the begining

BANNED

I don't want an ending, I feel most of us just want Peter and MJ to grow up again, we want an end to the false post-OMD timeline.

Astonishing Member

I don't want an ending, I feel most of us just want Peter and MJ to grow up again, we want an end to the false post-OMD timeline.
    That is exactly what I want. I will throw in no more Pete as Rick Jones on The Avengers as well. There is no need for Pete to be treated as a teenager. Miles.works very well.

There's every chance we'll get back to it next issue, it's just it hasn't been brought up the last few weeks
    i'm just saying that he's very deliberate. Snake was clearly missing when Ox, Montana, and Fancy Dan showed up.

Did anyone predict Bucky Barnes killing Nomad? Or Magneto being Wanda and Pietro's father?
    My impression is that there had been a lot of speculation about Magneto and Wanda/ Pietro.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I don’t want that. That’s him making the worst decision of his life twice and proof that he didn’t learn anything from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My impression is that there had been a lot of speculation about Magneto and Wanda/ Pietro.
    Tip to future writers. Do not make your fan theory canon because two characters have similar hair.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tip to future writers. Do not make your fan theory canon because two characters have similar hair.
    Man, now I have to delete my pitch about Firestar and MJ being twins separated at birth.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm