Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Year of The Villain#1 Discussion & Spoilers

The first story focuses on Lex, the second is a Batgirl and Green Arrow team-up written by Bendis where Babs is approached by Levitahan and is offered something, the third story is on a League mission into space and an epilogue featuring Perpetua

Lex Luthor attacks the White House and returns to Lexcorp to talk to Brainiac, Brainaic tells Lex he is now forever classed as a villain in the eyes of the world, but Lex says it will soon be a matter of time before every city falls in line. Captain Atom arrives at the building to arrest Lex but Lex blows Lexcorp up.

At the end of the issue, Lex is shown being regrown in Perpetua's chambers.

BANNED

lex seems to have stepped into the Batman who laughs shoes with a vengeance. Lexs death and transformation into whatever it is he is becoming is almost a close parallel of BWL. well we will see how the sequel to dark Knight's metal shapes up and is any different from its predecessor.

BANNED

Updated solicitations

JUSTICE LEAGUE #25 (JUNE 5)

Shocked by the “death” of Lex Luthor, the Justice League find they may be forced to side with the Legion of Doom if humankind can survive the upcoming destruction of the Multiverse. But, after a very different Lex Luthor appears to rise from the grave and begins making offers across the DC Universe, the League realizes the threat is even bigger and more dangerous than they ever imagined. Lex launches hundreds of “Doom Drones,” each carrying a unique message for its target-the super-villains of the DCU. Scott Snyder (w) Jorge Jimenez (a)
    JULY 2019: Doom Drones land across the globe: Gotham City, Metropolis, Central City and beyond. The messages vary, but the goal remains constant: evil must win. This is the YEAR OF THE VILLAIN!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...ransformation/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-01-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Spectacular Member

is this the first time mercy been in a dc comic

Fantastic Member

Won't be picking up any of those comics!! Don't like or enjoy stories where evil wins!!

I liked the Lex Luthor stuff, the set up for his plans and everything he's getting ready to do to contact and make deals with some villains(and perhaps even a few anti-heroes if Red Hood and Rose are involved), I'm intrigued about this whole apex Lex thing.

I'll be honest though, the second chapter part with Leviathan just did not work. It felt disconnected to the rest of the story, and really only served to set up Bendis's event and not this one. Not to say I'm not interested in the Leviathan event, I've enjoyed Bendis on action comics and his wonder comics, it just felt like an odd interruption from the main storyline.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well Mercy has been brought back into canon, if she wasn’t there already. This is reminding me of Lex’s Status quo after he was impeached from the Presidency (which might’ve been why Snyder had him in the White House lol). He’s back to being openly hated as a villain and he’s augmenting himself into some weird Martian/Human hybrid. I guess that confirms that the central figure in that YotV teaser was indeed Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well Mercy has been brought back into canon, if she wasn’t there already. This is reminding me of Lex’s Status quo after he was impeached from the Presidency (which might’ve been why Snyder had him in the White House lol). He’s back to being openly hated as a villain and he’s augmenting himself into some weird Martian/Human hybrid. I guess that confirms that the central figure in that YotV teaser was indeed Lex.
    She's been brought back once or twice since Flashpoint.

Johns had her in his Justice League when Lex was a hero and I'm pretty sure she was in Jiminez' Superwoman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I kind of wonder if they aren't setting this up as a backdoor Crisis type event. Given what Leviathan offers Babs. She seems like an odd choice for something like that but I suppose it's her time in the sun and all.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I kind of wonder if they aren't setting this up as a backdoor Crisis type event. Given what Leviathan offers Babs. She seems like an odd choice for something like that but I suppose it's her time in the sun and all.
    Oh it definitely is. Event Leviathan is mini-event like HiC where I don’t think many series will tie in, but Snyder is building towards a Justice-Doom War and (maybe if Capullo wants to draw it) a Metal 2. I would expect those two to have lots of tie ins given how well Metal sold.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if this "offer" from the head of Leviathan has anything to do with Lex's offer and with the Secret Six, after all she is one of the suspects in the backmatter

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Has Mercy always looked like that since the New 52 or is Jim Cheung just riffing on BvS?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I don't think she was named in Action 23.3, at least

The voices for the characters are terrible ("My God." Really, Brainiac? Bad enough you allow yourself to be #2) and it's a pretty big pet peeve of mine when I see what has to be lax editorial: Cap Atom doesn't look like that anymore. It always seems like they don't care to source my favorite characters, I guess since I like C and D listers. I'll be dropping JL anyway but I might buy an issue as working with Bendis and using those two, despite what Luthor says, makes a future tie in necessary.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I don't think she was named in Action 23.3, at least

The voices for the characters are terrible ("My God." Really, Brainiac? Bad enough you allow yourself to be #2) and it's a pretty big pet peeve of mine when I see what has to be lax editorial: Cap Atom doesn't look like that anymore. It always seems like they don't care to source my favorite characters, I guess since I like C and D listers. I'll be dropping JL anyway but I might buy an issue as working with Bendis and using those two, despite what Luthor says, makes a future tie in necessary.
    There is a good reason why Brainiac is out of character. For the solicitation of Supergirl #32, it says:

Also, if Brainiac is in the Hall of Doom, why is Lex Luthor upgrading an old Brainiac drone body? And why is the drone calling itself the true Brainiac?

The question is now, how much of Brainiac was altered?
    Last edited by MeGrimlock420; 05-02-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That wasn't the only bit that I thought didn't work but looking at it specifically, I'd be a kinda surprised if the Supergirl story really touches that. I mean, wouldn't a Brainiac impostor avoid saying things that don't suit Brainiac?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES