Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Seven Deadly Sins vs. Saitama

So, the Seven Deadly Sins manga seems to be closing out soon with a multi-chapter epilogue and we've seen the main cast get pretty ridiculous in terms of raw offensive power and variety of abilities.

So I wondered if they're strong enough to take on the One Punch-Man himself.

This is end of series versions of the Sins.

Following clarifications apply.

- Ban doesn't have his immortality just like in the series.
    - Escanor has Sunshine and he will start out the match as The One and stay until he is defeated.
    - No BFR, so Merlin can't just teleport Saitama away, she can obviously teleport him around the arena (assuming she can get a read on him to do so).

So, can these seven knights take on the caped baldy or will they too fall to the one punch?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ugh, very unclear speed feats on both sides. Ban's final powerup is also ambiguous in terms of where his stats ended up.

I'm going to suggest the Sins purely on the merit of some kind of strategy with the team running interference for Gowther to hit him with some kind of mind blackout.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ugh, very unclear speed feats on both sides. Ban's final powerup is also ambiguous in terms of where his stats ended up.

I'm going to suggest the Sins purely on the merit of some kind of strategy with the team running interference for Gowther to hit him with some kind of mind blackout.
    I dunno the sins, but Saitama can unleash extinction level shockwaves just by punching in their general direction. Unless they are REALLY potent, interfering with him seems difficult.

Side note, is 7 Deadly Sins worth a watch? It floats by my Netflix cues a lot, but the level of cheesecake always turned me off of watching it, especially on a shared account.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Side note, is 7 Deadly Sins worth a watch? It floats by my Netflix cues a lot, but the level of cheesecake always turned me off of watching it, especially on a shared account.
    I’d recommend it if you’ve watched a few Shonen battle series in your time. It plays with the genre conventions in some fun ways and is pretty well animated and fast paced.

There’s some “cheesecake” (not nearly as much as something like Fairy Tail; it’s much more preoccupied with fighting) and I do find the male lead character’s perving on the female lead to be unfunny at best, distasteful at most other times. It’s a relatively small but annoying part of a series that is otherwise very entertaining in fighting and comedy, and with some decent character work too.

But it is the kind of thing you’d risk getting judged for if someone walked in on you at the wrong moment.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

I dunno the sins, but Saitama can unleash extinction level shockwaves just by punching in their general direction. Unless they are REALLY potent, interfering with him seems difficult.

Meliodas for starters has the ability to fling back the force of apparently any level of attack thrown at him as long as he can react to it. He's also durable enough to multiple mountain busters to the face with minimal damage and that was a couple of powerups ago.

The Sins have a lot of wild stuff on their side and, on some characters, high enough stats that they could make Saitama likely feel it. King just needs to break his skin and then he can degrade the wound with Calamity and turn him into stone. Ban can drain his energy and feed it into the other Sins and potentially telefrag his heart out of his body.

The big issue for me is speed.

The series is fine quite fun but with a lot of the usual shonen genre problems you'd expect. I'd recommend reading rather than watching myself so it flows a lot faster and Suzuki Nakaba's art has some really nice line work on it.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

As far as speed goes, I think if it's at all unclear who has faster reaction speed, Saitama is probably landing at least one serious punch before the other team can do anything. His travel speed being "get from the moon to Earth more-or-less instantly" should let him just fling himself at a speed they can't do anything about. So I think he's getting off at least one big attack.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    As far as speed goes, I think if it's at all unclear who has faster reaction speed, Saitama is probably landing at least one serious punch before the other team can do anything. His travel speed being "get from the moon to Earth more-or-less instantly" should let him just fling himself at a speed they can't do anything about. So I think he's getting off at least one big attack.
    Hulk and Doomsday can leap huge distances at enormous speeds. It's more a strength feat than speed.

We should instead look at him casually overwhelming Sonic.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Hulk and Doomsday can leap huge distances at enormous speeds. It's more a strength feat than speed.

We should instead look at him casually overwhelming Sonic.
    Well it IS a travel speed feat, and hurling himself at the enemy is a valid thing he can do. I'm not sure it's especially necessary, since the shockwaves of his punches can do damage that makes mountain busting look like a joke. But hurling yourself at max speeds at enemies can be a useful combat strategy in the right circumstances.

Well it IS a travel speed feat, and hurling himself at the enemy is a valid thing he can do. I'm not sure it's especially necessary, since the shockwaves of his punches can do damage that makes mountain busting look like a joke. But hurling yourself at max speeds at enemies can be a useful combat strategy in the right circumstances.
    Especially when you're durable enough to not only take a blow that launched you to the moon in a matter of moments, but also survive being on the moon with no manner of protection (Saitama only needed to hold his breath to be fine).
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Meliodas' Full Counter is the natural counter to Saitama punching at the Sins with a Serious Punch. So we should look at their respective speeds I guess?

I can do some digging into the Sins when I get home from work in a few hours. I will note that gauging Saitama's word is hard because he's presented as exponentially beyond everything in his world but we don't know how far that gap is.

The closest thing to a speed limit was him having a slightly hard time tagging demon Garou in their fight and he overcame that easily enough.

Extraordinary Member

Regarding Full Counter, it is specified (when Estarossa reveals his version) that Meliodas can only counter attacks that contain magic.

Attacks that are just purely physical blows is something he can counter back at people. The closest thing would be Twigo's strike in chapter one, and I'm pretty sure even that could be labled a magic empowered strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Regarding Full Counter, it is specified (when Estarossa reveals his version) that Meliodas can only counter attacks that contain magic.

Attacks that are just purely physical blows is something he can counter back at people. The closest thing would be Twigo's strike in chapter one, and I'm pretty sure even that could be labled a magic empowered strike.
    I might be misremembering but I thought he got past that weakness in the back end of the series somewhere. I'll look into that when I get home as well.

He travels from the Moon to the Earth in a negligible amount of time, exemplifying how fast he can make his body travel, making it, as I said, a travel speed feat. I mean it's a strength feat too, and a durability feat among others. It can be more than one thing. Point being that if their respective reaction speeds are anywhere in the same ballpark, an enormously superior travel speed that outstrips the potential reflexes of everyone present gives him pretty much a guaranteed hit.

I agree with Nik though; everyone's speeds probably need to be investigated a bit more.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 05-02-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He travels from the Moon to the Earth in a negligible amount of time, exemplifying how fast he can make his body travel, making it, as I said, a travel speed feat. I mean it's a strength feat too, and a durability feat among others. It can be more than one thing.
    It's at least two feet, yes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's at least two feet, yes.
    That depends how big your feet are.