Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Bishop got out of flagship books for years. And had a redemption arc. You probably never read it
    I did, they washed all his bad actions blaming the Demon bear and making him Hope rought dad.

keep the double standards, i love it.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 05-06-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    I did, they washed all his bad actions blaming the Demon bear and making him Hope rought dad.

keep the double standards, i love it.
    You didn't, because demon bear was years after trying to kill Hope. It was all his fault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was all his fault.
    Good, you're finally making sense.

I'm sure people (specially Bobby) shat nonstop on Cyclops for killing Charles while possesed, yet were sucking on Bishop like nothing.

there is someone privileged who is rewarded by his crimes and it is not Cyclops.

Imagine if any other charater did the things Bishop did. Imagine if Cyclops did those things. I love the hypocrisy.
    Hahhhahahahah....kill galaxies you get the privilege of several resurrections and then your own team or two to lead and you get to sample a lil bit of brown sugar! Winking at you JG.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hahhhahahahah....kill galaxies you get the privilege of several resurrections and then your own team or two to lead and you get to sample a lil bit of brown sugar! Winking at you JG.
    Wonderful, now we are being sexist, chauvinistic and somewhat racist.

Wonderful, now we are being sexist, chauvinistic and somewhat racist.
    Gaslighting much? Anyway I still think there's a lot of room to move Bishop into a solid leadership position after this series wraps up. The man was born to lead.

So for clarification

-I mention sales numbers because someone was pretending like Bishop, Polaris, Moonstar, Forge, Beast book couldn't sell. The point wasn't Bishop was an amazing seller the point was just Bishop alone provide a solid base of fans to start and you can prove this because we actually have the numbers. At some point, X-fans will figure out it is putting together combos of interesting dynamics with a good creative team that sell not an individual character.

- The second point in bringing up Bishop numbers and books is for all the popularity Cyclops has Marvel powers that be have never had faith in his ability to sell a book. Adult Cyclops has never had solo/ongoing, I didn't understand how a Cyclops fan could be taking shots at Bishop a character with two books where he was the lead and has at least 16 issues Bishop Last X-man and District X. I know these are not impressive numbers but at least Marvel has to faith to try projects with him. Cyclops is in a different weight class of comic book character it is silly to compare them I think everyone understands that but when your resume is comparable to Wolverine, Superman, Captian America but Marvel would prefer put out a Swordmaster or Aero solo book before a Cyclops book. I am going to point that out when people taking shots. And for a small not "relevant" character "nobody cares about" Marvel certainly did like showcasing him

Bishop(1994) XSE(1996) Bishop XSE(1998) Bishop Last X-man(1999) Gambit and Bishop (2001) Disrict X(2004) X-men the Life and Times of Lucas Bishop(2009)

Until about 2009 you can see about every 3 or 4 years Marvel would try a mini or solo/ongoing with Bishop. Do you know what happened in 2009 period? The Messiah nonsense. So until they screwed Bishop with that story Bishop was in an okay place getting used in main X-men books and getting an occasional mini-series. And not every X-man can be Wolverine so that was actually fine. And since Bishop has really been brought back into the fold in Astonishing X-men (2017) it has taken all of 2 years for him to get a mini-series where he is the POV and getting focus. And the Bishop model is a pretty good model to follow for characters in team-based projects every couple of years give them a little extra spotlight with a mini.

Anyways back to Prisoner X. It is interesting how Bishop and Legion have met again

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Why you don't post him killing innocent people, or Charles, or chasing a baby, that is so badass

...Jean's destroyed whole planets full of men, women, and children in an instant, let's put this into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    So for clarification

-I mention sales numbers because someone was pretending like Bishop, Polaris, Moonstar, Forge, Beast book couldn't sell. The point wasn't Bishop was an amazing seller the point was just Bishop alone provide a solid base of fans to start and you can prove this because we actually have the numbers. At some point, X-fans will figure out it is putting together combos of interesting dynamics with a good creative team that sell not an individual character.

- The second point in bringing up Bishop numbers and books is for all the popularity Cyclops has Marvel powers that be have never had faith in his ability to sell a book. Adult Cyclops has never had solo/ongoing, I didn't understand how a Cyclops fan could be taking shots at Bishop a character with two books where he was the lead and has at least 16 issues Bishop Last X-man and District X. I know these are not impressive numbers but at least Marvel has to faith to try projects with him. Cyclops is in a different weight class of comic book character it is silly to compare them I think everyone understands that but when your resume is comparable to Wolverine, Superman, Captian America but Marvel would prefer put out a Swordmaster or Aero solo book before a Cyclops book. I am going to point that out when people taking shots. And for a small not "relevant" character "nobody cares about" Marvel certainly did like showcasing him

Bishop(1994) XSE(1996) Bishop XSE(1998) Bishop Last X-man(1999) Gambit and Bishop (2001) Disrict X(2004) X-men the Life and Times of Lucas Bishop(2009)

Until about 2009 you can see about every 3 or 4 years Marvel would try a mini or solo/ongoing with Bishop. Do you know what happened in 2009 period? The Messiah nonsense. So until they screwed Bishop with that story Bishop was in an okay place getting used in main X-men books and getting an occasional mini-series. And not every X-man can be Wolverine so that was actually fine. And since Bishop has really been brought back into the fold in Astonishing X-men (2017) it has taken all of 2 years for him to get a mini-series where he is the POV and getting focus. And the Bishop model is a pretty good model to follow for characters in team-based projects every couple of years give them a little extra spotlight with a mini.

Anyways back to Prisoner X. It is interesting how Bishop and Legion have met again
    Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the people in charge at Marvel "think" will or won't sell, because a) any character(s) can sell a book if they're given a proper chance, and b) people in charge at Marvel have had no qualms about making books of their faves or pushing the directions they want even when "historical" signs to look at say it would be a mistake.

Editors for Marvel may spout a bunch of words about how they don't think there's enough fan interest, or it won't sell, or whatever, but what they really mean is they don't have enough respect for the character(s) to have things done with them.

As for the idea of a team book of this ensemble, I'd be cool with Lorna as a member of a team led by Bishop at this stage if a) she's doing big things elsewhere too (mainly thinking a solo, mini or oneshot, but not limited to that as there may be other means I'm not thinking of), and b) Lorna retains things tied to her character while there. If I'd been asked pre-2017, I would've said Lorna just being on a team with Bishop was fine, but enough bad's happened out of Marvel since then that I'm demanding more to balance it out. I'd likewise be fine with Lorna as a member of a Bishop-led team and doing nothing else if she gets one of those big things first.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-06-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)