Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    When Legion came back from the dead he was looking for Xavier and the New Mutants because they fixed his mind the first time combine that with his crush and it makes sense that he would create a version of Dani that helps keep his other personalities in check.
    It's kind of sweet. Sort of. In a "David Haller" sort of way.

Salarta...
    So you're saying that, since Lorna was in prison for a few episodes in a TV show last year, she should be used in every X-prison story going forward? Prison is Lorna's exclusive thing now? That's actually very funny. Instead of getting possessed, Lorna can get locked up every few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Salarta...
    So you're saying that, since Lorna was in prison for a few episodes in a TV show last year, she should be used in every X-prison story going forward? Prison is Lorna's exclusive thing now? That's actually very funny. Instead of getting possessed, Lorna can get locked up every few years.
    Refer to my quoted post below.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Generality vs specificity.

"Character gets locked up for being a mutant" is general enough to apply to anyone. "Character gets locked up for breaking society's laws, and needs to be held in something special due to mutant powers" is also fairly general. We've even seen that with Magneto in the X-Men films.

"Mutant locked up for breaking society's laws, held in a huge detention facility with other mutants they can directly interact with, lots of inter-inmate drama, wearing power suppression collars and matching uniforms, coming only a year and a half after high-profile fairly popular use on a TV show, with its dour aesthetics matching the aesthetics of the TV show" is pretty specific.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I stopped reading after The Gifted was mentioned. No one even watched that show or cared about if it was adapted to the books.
    This comic has nothing to do with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It's kind of sweet. Sort of. In a "David Haller" sort of way.
    Yes it is, but I'm just happy he's not walking around in a Dani suit.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Refer to my quoted post below.
    I totally understand where you are coming from, as there are strong parallels. And this wouldn't be the first time that Bishop has been used to stand in for someone else's story or is recycling someone else's with a twist (i.e. Rachel), but I don't think that Lorna makes the best lead for the story they are telling. I think she should have a stronger and more prevalent role than what we're seeing, but it's because Lucas has resistance to temporal and reality alterations it makes sense that he would be the focus of the narrative.

Mighty Member

So the black man should be pushed to the background so the white woman can be front and center? As if black males have it so good in popular culture (syfy/fantasy/comics). Can Bishop just have this leading role, most likely when Hickman takes over he will be pushed to the background again.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So the black man should be pushed to the background so the white woman can be front and center? As if black males have it so good in popular culture (syfy/fantasy/comics). Can Bishop just have this leading role, most likely when Hickman takes over he will be pushed to the background again.
    JDW was hating on Bishop on twitter recently about how messed up he is. So I doubt they're gonna give Bishop too much of anything. Least not anything good. Which does lead to the question of why they even brought him back if they hated him so much.

Unless Hickman is gonna clean him up in another series.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    JDW was hating on Bishop on twitter recently about how messed up he is. So I doubt they're gonna give Bishop too much of anything. Least not anything good. Which does lead to the question of why they even brought him back if they hated him so much.

Unless Hickman is gonna clean him up in another series.
    Matthew Rosenberg seems to be a fan, he wrote him on multiple man mini, wrote his solo story on Uncanny x-men #1.
    Soule put him on his astonishing team.

But his treatment since extreme x-men ended has been pretty bad. So I don't have any good expectative

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Matthew Rosenberg seems to be a fan, he wrote him on multiple man mini, wrote his solo story on Uncanny x-men #1.
    Soule put him on his astonishing team.

But his treatment since extreme x-men ended has been pretty bad. So I don't have any good expectative
    JDW was complaining about that mini. According to him Bishop did something very messed up in it & he can't understand how fans have forgiven him.
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...61035375783937

So not like senior editor is trying to gain him any fans. Unless messed up is good for JDW being he's a fan of Deadpool & liked screwed up relationships.

JDW was complaining about that mini. According to him Bishop did something very messed up in it & he can't understand how fans have forgiven him.
    https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...61035375783937

So not like senior editor is trying to gain him any fans. Unless messed up is good for JDW being he's a fan of Deadpool & liked screwed up relationships.
    It was really bad that JDW was trying to burn Bishop with readers. Majority of readers didn't read the last issue and people who read it didn't care about what Bishop did

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was really bad that JDW was trying to burn Bishop with readers. Majority of readers didn't read the last issue and people who read it didn't care about what Bishop did
    Someone made a comment yesterday that they forgive Bishop for anything out of spite due to how little is cared about for minority characters with the only black X-Man getting screwed over.

And Hope seems to be turning into a little **** anyhow, so Bishop may have been right.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If you're replying partially to me, you've missed my point as I said Lucas is the best person for this role. While others in this thread may feel differently, he is the best suited for this as he is the one who has the most protections from temporal and reality shifts. My only real issue when it comes to Bishop is that outside of the comics he is heavily promoted as the mutant from Days of Future Past and that's his timeline, when that is not true.

Someone made a comment yesterday that they forgive Bishop for anything out of spite due to how little is cared about for minority characters with the only black X-Man getting screwed over.

And Hope seems to be turning into a little **** anyhow, so Bishop may have been right.
    This tweet?

Yeah that’s the energy us Bishop fans gotta bring

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This tweet?

Yeah that’s the energy us Bishop fans gotta bring
    Yep. That one. lol