Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default Age of X-Man: Prisoner X #3 - Discussion and Review *spoilers*

I'm not good at this but here goes.

spoilers:

- The book begins with the pages of the preview with Dani in her jail cell reading the note and remembering Nate's face.
    - Then it leads into Gabby's section where it appears to be a school (or juvenille detention center) cafeteria and she attacks the mutant girl with the huge arm.
    - After the flashback the Cuckoos scene from the first new X-23 arc, Beast intervenes and the scenery changes to them being in some kind of zoo. Hank accompanies Gabby to medical.
    - While in the med bay, Hank has a memory of his 616 life but it gets replaced with one as him as King Kong. Then Dani confronts him; asking him if he thinks there's something inside him changing him at his core. Hank replies that everytime he tries to think about it he has difficulty trying unless Dani's around.
    - Scene shifts to Polaris freaking out about remembering fighting the Marvelous X-Men in this world and other memories from 616 such as fighting Jean and Storm when she was working for Erik the Red (geez that's far back).
    - Dani runs of the med bay and it's Polaris and the guards fighting in a mental institute lobby.
    - Dani swipes the guards' keys; Lorna busts out and magnets everybody.
    - Forge sees all this from his office; pulls out a red phone from his drawer and makes a call.
    - Lorna knocks down Dani while she was magneting the wardens; Dani sees Nate's face again; states something's wrong. Nate starts laughing and the laughter continues even when Dani gets back up.
    -When Dani opens her eyes, Polaris is back in her straight-jacket and replies nothing happened.
    - Same response from Gabby and the scene switches to the safari and juvy.
    - Dani ends back up in her cell and the laughing continues.
    - Scene shifts to Bishop from his cell in #2.
    - Bishop says this is some crazy **** and a person replies crazy is an ugly word for it.
    - Next page reveals Bishop is talking to Legion

end of spoilers

Good stuff. 8/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Like I said in the preview thread, it seems like the whole mini turns on one very simple question at this point: Who the hell is "Moonstar"? She's certainly not the "real" Legion judging from the issue's end, although I suppose she could concievably be an alternate personality of his undermining him.

It's weird but in the good sense of the word. I like it.

You did fine.

There are so many layers to this book and I'm really digging it. I wonder if Dani is a personality fragment that's just going to get reintegrated into Legion's mind once this is all over.

it is a spoiler thread, don't need the spoiler tags;

I really loved this issue, we got anice reveal and I loved the art. german peralta is one of the best

Fantastic Member

BuT tHe AgE oF x-MaN iS tErRiBlE aNd No OnE iS rEaDiNg It.

Yeah, this was awesome. Vita Ayala should be on an X-book after all this event nonsense is over.

Great summary, did Forge call the PPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    You did fine.

There are so many layers to this book and I'm really digging it. I wonder if Dani is a personality fragment that's just going to get reintegrated into Legion's mind once this is all over.
    I would like that. Instead of how personalities always siphon off and do horrible ****, maybe Dani is there to help them while Legion plays the facade that he’s helping Nate Grey.

Hmmm Lorna moment people taught was going to be in the last book is this book. I guess there is no conspiracy against Lorna.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This series is a great mix of unexpected insanity and a multi-layer mystery. It has exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Hmmm Lorna moment people taught was going to be in the last book is this book. I guess there is no conspiracy against Lorna.
    It's still Lorna only getting a moment rather than leading the book like she should be, with Bishop leading a different book. It's like stealing someone's sandwich, handing them back a small corner of it and expecting them to be fine with it.

Or would it be okay if Lorna led a 5 issue mini where she stole Bishop's concentration camp history, and Bishop got a "moment" in one issue to make him look cool in the middle of what is now Lorna's story? Would one page of cool for Bishop make up for 5 issues of Lorna stealing a concept he was the focus of?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I did not know there were characters with monopolies of certain stories.

BANNED

Art was great and most of the plot was really interesting. I'm still unsure about why the covers and solicitations don't match the story at all, so I'm not sure about what to expect next. Anyway, cool review with Legion, but I want to know why Nate was shown laughing and David seems to be in control of the prison. Maybe they're having a God/Satan relationship in this world. Or it's like "The Good Place", ya know? Nate is Michael and David is Shawn in the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I did not know there were characters with monopolies of certain stories.
    Generality vs specificity.

"Character gets locked up for being a mutant" is general enough to apply to anyone. "Character gets locked up for breaking society's laws, and needs to be held in something special due to mutant powers" is also fairly general. We've even seen that with Magneto in the X-Men films.

"Mutant locked up for breaking society's laws, held in a huge detention facility with other mutants they can directly interact with, lots of inter-inmate drama, wearing power suppression collars and matching uniforms, coming only a year and a half after high-profile fairly popular use on a TV show, with its dour aesthetics matching the aesthetics of the TV show" is pretty specific.

There's a reason people thought of Gifted when they saw this concept.

Or to put it another way: there's a reason someone at Marvel decided Lorna should be on this book that matches how she was used on Gifted instead of putting her on any other book they have. Just as there's a reason they decided she's not "worthy" of being the star of a book, only to be a supporting character for another character's story (usually a man).
    Last edited by salarta; 05-01-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's still Lorna only getting a moment rather than leading the book like she should be, with Bishop leading a different book. It's like stealing someone's sandwich, handing them back a small corner of it and expecting them to be fine with it.

Or would it be okay if Lorna led a 5 issue mini where she stole Bishop's concentration camp history, and Bishop got a "moment" in one issue to make him look cool in the middle of what is now Lorna's story? Would one page of cool for Bishop make up for 5 issues of Lorna stealing a concept he was the focus of?
    Bishop is in "two panels"/one page in this issue. I think you need to give it rest at this point. Anyways my fault for throwing out that comment.

Anyways this book is so good, Vita is killing it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-01-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Im really enjoying this much more than I thought I would