Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

This is a damn good issue and a good book overall.

Man I enjoyed everybody this chapter.

Awesome issue. Vita and Prisoner X is definitely my favorite writer and series throughout this event.

Overall I have thought Prisoner of X represents a solid mystery story even if I have my doubts AoX as a whole will mean much going forward for the line.

Okay one thing I’m not getting, what was going on with all of the clothing appearance changes with everyone? Were we see the way that they see the prison as from their perspective or what? For Gabby, it’s basically a school detention facility, for Lorna a psych ward, for others a prison. It’s like staring through the eyes of madness at points.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Okay one thing I’m not getting, what was going on with all of the clothing appearance changes with everyone? Were we see the way that they see the prison as from their perspective or what? For Gabby, it’s basically a school detention facility, for Lorna a psych ward, for others a prison. It’s like staring through the eyes of madness at points.
    Looks like it.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Vita really is killing it. Always nice to see Polaris cutting loose, and I love that page of her memories from the main world and this AU. Every time I finish, I can't wait for the next issue.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 05-01-2019 at 10:28 AM.

This issue is so creepy. Seems like there is a class and people with safary expeddiiton clothes are taking photos of the inmates.

Given the ending, think it’s safe to assume that Legion is the one who is shining light on the cracks in their memories?

>Enjoying the writing and art.
    >Legion, eh? Expected.
    >Moonstar's constantly shifting clothing is a visual sign of the mutable inconsistency of this manufactured reality?
    ax1.jpg
    >Forge knows exactly what's going on and is a 'willing' participant? That's disturbing.
    >This isn't Lorna's story. Get over it. Be thankful she had a double page 'This Is Your Life' spread and a cool freak out sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >Enjoying the writing and art.
    >Legion, eh? Expected.
    >Moonstar's constantly shifting clothing is a visual sign of the mutable inconsistency of this manufactured reality?
    ax1.jpg
    >Forge knows exactly what's going on and is a 'willing' participant? That's disturbing.
    >This isn't Lorna's story. Get over it. Be thankful she had a double page 'This Is Your Life' spread and a cool freak out sequence.
    Forge isn't so willing. he seems bad when he calls someone on the phone.

I also noted Dani using different clothes. Also her role seems to change, inmate to somehow a agent

Mighty Member

Feels like they're on the road to turning Legion into The Shadow.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows. HAHahaHAHaHaHA!

I will add that when it comes to Polaris, of the pages/panels I've seen, the writing (aside from one image that's likely editorial mandate) has been good. It's not the writing I have an issue with, it's broader matters. That's an important distinction I feel I need to make clear. If not for the broader issues, I would read this based on what I've seen. A scene or two of good writing isn't a good trade-off for losing much more potential good writing she could and should have.
    Last edited by salarta; 05-01-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Great summary, did Forge call the PPG?

I would like that. Instead of how personalities always siphon off and do horrible ****, maybe Dani is there to help them while Legion plays the facade that he’s helping Nate Grey.
    When Legion came back from the dead he was looking for Xavier and the New Mutants because they fixed his mind the first time combine that with his crush and it makes sense that he would create a version of Dani that helps keep his other personalities in check.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's still Lorna only getting a moment rather than leading the book like she should be, with Bishop leading a different book. It's like stealing someone's sandwich, handing them back a small corner of it and expecting them to be fine with it.

Or would it be okay if Lorna led a 5 issue mini where she stole Bishop's concentration camp history, and Bishop got a "moment" in one issue to make him look cool in the middle of what is now Lorna's story? Would one page of cool for Bishop make up for 5 issues of Lorna stealing a concept he was the focus of?
    Why should Lorna be “leading a book”?
    I don’t get where this is coming from.
    Why are you mad that this is Bishop’s narrative and not Polaris?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    Why should Lorna be “leading a book”?
    I don’t get where this is coming from.
    Why are you mad that this is Bishop’s narrative and not Polaris?
    Thank you for asking. There's a lot to this to say.

I feel I need to clarify something that I think some people misunderstand. I'm not mad that this book with this concept is using Bishop, specifically, as the lead. I'm mad that it's using any character other than Lorna as the lead when it's very obvious to me that this book's most heavily drawing from Gifted season 1's usage of Lorna as the framework for this setting. It wouldn't matter who Marvel used. I'd have the exact same complaint if it was Wolverine, or Dust, or anyone else. Bishop being Bishop doesn't exempt him from getting the same complaints I'd level against any other character in the exact same situation. I'm not going to say that his deserving to get lead treatment on a book means Lorna should have something taken from her as part of him getting lead treatment. Just as I've previously said Pietro shouldn't have been written as mustache-twirly cowardly evil in SW:HoM just to make Lorna look good.

Secondly, my attitude and frustration comes out of a history of things of Lorna being taken away from her and given to other, "better" characters - particularly since it's not merely "something in the past," but very recent.

Brevoort tried to erase Lorna as Magneto's daughter and replace her as Wanda's and Pietro's sister (with Luminous) from 2010 to 2015. After 2 years in limbo (2015-2017), Marvel made Lorna's return in X-Men Blue LOOK like it would focus on her, only to make it all about Havok and Magneto and have everything she did and said revolve around promoting them. Right now, the Dark Phoenix film is ripping off Lorna's origin story of "powers manifested as a little girl because her parents were fighting, causing an accident that killed them" and giving it to Jean - simply replacing a plane crash with a car crash.

This is just what has happened in the past 10 years. This isn't reaching even further back. And it's not even including the broader cases where Lorna doesn't get to do things she should be doing but other, "better" characters get to do them instead. Like Jean fighting Cassandra Nova at Genosha instead of Magneto and/or Polaris. Or everyone and their mom dealing with Red Skull desecrating Genosha's dead while Lorna is off screwing around in Washington D.C. as if she didn't suffer from immense PTSD from the genocide that killed those millions of people Red Skull was exploiting. It's not even considering those cases, which aren't directly "X character takes X thing away from Lorna" like the examples in my last paragraph, but are still Lorna's history and worth being ignored while other "better" characters get to do them instead.

People upset with me for my issues with Bishop leading Prisoner X instead of Lorna think I'm trying to tear him down, or act possessive of what they see only as "mutant gets locked up for crimes." But what I see is another case in a long, recent line of cases where Marvel screws Lorna out of something and gives it to another character that they have more respect for than they'll apparently ever have for Lorna. And if Lorna is "lucky," she gets to play lesser supporting character to promote that other character doing something she should be doing. Which is why I haven't dropped my complaints even through what other people have said. If I didn't genuinely believe what I'm saying, I would shut up. What's the point of ticking people off over something that isn't a real problem when Lorna has so many cases of problems in her history?
    Last edited by salarta; 05-01-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)