Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Cyclops appreciation page is 300 pages plus deep. Bishops is nowhere to be found. To each there own i guess.
    Take it easy, Cyclops is my favourite character and that wouldn't change even if none of you were posting whatever it is you post in appreciation threads. Truth is, for much of his existence, most people thought he was the most vanilla of characters, at least all those Wolverine fans.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Logan’s appreciation thread is 42 pages. Does that mean Cyclops is more popular or just that these boards are a small but vocal/influential bunch that have different tastes than the general audience?
    Meanwhile Creed's recent thread 12 pages, and nobody has made one for Mystique. lol Meanwhile, Creed's thread is longer than DP's by 8 pages. So these threads don't mean too much.

Logan’s appreciation thread is 42 pages. Does that mean Cyclops is more popular or just that these boards are a small but vocal/influential bunch that have different tastes than the general audience?
    Well this is the top 6 for the X-Men:
    Scott Summers 2019 - 325 pages
    Jean Grey 2019 - 176 pages
    Ororo Munroe 2019 - 134 pages
    Emma Frost 2019 - 79 pages
    Rachel Grey/Summers 2019 - 52 pages
    Logan/Wolverine 2019 - 42 pages

I would give Jean, Scott, Logan, and Emma all boosts because of cross threads that include combinations of those 4 characters. There are quite a few cross threads and ship threads that involve those 4 in different combinations.

BANNED

Logan #s are surpising. Im sticking to my Guns. If Bishop has fans they should make him relevant in his appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    Cyclops appreciation page is 300 pages plus deep. Bishops is nowhere to be found. To each there own i guess.
    I mean people say the same thing about Cyclops wasn't a shot at Cyclops some people do say Cyclops is boring, Bishop has many of the same attributes. Simply put they are both straight-arrow boy scouts archetypes. Now if I was taking shot at Cyclops it would look like this

Bishop has more mini-series and solos where he is the lead or co-lead than Cyclops which is pretty good for a guy who isn't interesting. Imagine if a character was the leader of the X-men and one of the historically most important x-men,Guaranteed important role in most X-men stories AND Marvel still doesn't believe in you enough to do a solo/ongoing. Imagine when you do get solo it is young version character only last 12 issues. Imagine when the irrelevant/boring character manages to have two books reach at least 16 issues which isn't impressive but it is more than a character with 300 pages of appreciation thread. Imagine if characters like Gambit, Cable or Bishop had the consistent push of being the leader of the X-men and being used in projects could you imagine how much bigger their catalog of stuff would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I mean people say the same thing about Cyclops wasn't a shot at Cyclops some people do say Cyclops is boring, Bishop has many of the same attributes. Simply put they are both straight-arrow boy scouts archetypes. Now if I was taking shot at Cyclops it would look like this

Bishop has more mini-series and solos where he is the lead or co-lead than Cyclops which is pretty good for a guy who isn't interesting. Imagine if a character was the leader of the X-men and one of the historically most important x-men,Guaranteed important role in most X-men stories AND Marvel still doesn't believe in you enough to do a solo/ongoing. Imagine when you do get solo it is young version character only last 12 issues. Imagine when the irrelevant/boring character manages to have two books reach at least 16 issues which isn't impressive but it is more than a character with 300 pages of appreciation thread. Imagine if characters like Gambit, Cable or Bishop had the consistent push of being the leader of the X-men and being used in projects could you imagine how much bigger their catalog of stuff would be?
    OMG, I like Bishop as a character and I don't mind seeing him continue on the x-books, but seriously Cyclops has been in more comic issues than Bishop. Cyclops has a head start over Wolverine because he was one of the O5, but Wolverine has probably exceeded Scott's overall appearances.

https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...?character=100
    Scott Summers - Total Appearances: 1595

https://cmro.travis-starnes.com/char...character=3391
    Bishop - Total Appearances: 368

As I said, I like Bishop but he doesn't even come close to the number of appearances Scott has had since the character was created.

BANNED

Yeah. Cyclops is boring. I guess he was at the forefront of almost every X-Men event because they needed the boring guy so the Interesting characters could play off him.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I liked Bishop in Claremont's last Uncanny run. He was solid member of the team then. I got out of comic books for a time, so I have only heard but not read some of the things he supposedly did. It's a pity a writer decided to character assassinate an otherwise great X-Man (And by the way, I'm white. I don't follow or disdain any character based on their race)

newcover252.jpg

Frankly, I couldn't care less how many pages any character appreciation has. I have found that fans of some characters are more vocal than others, and it also depends if something momentus is happening with that character.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Cyclops thread is at 320+ pages because people were starting sh*t ever since the covers for Annual 1 and 11 were released.
    Wolverine kinda fell off since Marvel's handling him poorly.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I liked Bishop in Claremont's last Uncanny run. He was solid member of the team then. I got out of comic books for a time, so I have only heard but not read some of the things he supposedly did. It's a pity a writer decided to character assassinate an otherwise great X-Man (And by the way, I'm white. I don't follow or disdain any character based on their race)

newcover252.jpg

Frankly, I couldn't care less how many pages any character appreciation has. I have found that fans of some characters are more vocal than others, and it also depends if something momentus is happening with that character.
    Yep. And a thread only needs two people for it to grow. If just 2 fans go back & forth, you can get over 5 pages that way. And it also depends on length of comments. Deadpool is highly popular, but his Appreciation thread has 4 pages. Why? Because most of the fans here aren't impressed with anything that's happening with him since Bunn & Duggan split.

It's like books. You can assume the thicker book has more words, but the thick book may have had larger font used which took up more room. lol

newcover252.jpg

I miss this version of the team. I loved Sage and Bishop's dynamic, I loved Rachel (except the whole R'chel thing, yuck), and Storm was a good leader on this team.

newcover252.jpg

Claremont did a lot of good things for Bishop, too bad editorial and writers trashed it later.

Appreciation thread means very little, some fans don't bother with them. When there is a lot of things going with the character, appreciation threads get a lots of posts generally.

All this questioning about Bishop popularity is happening after he hooked up with Jean on a AU. It's so obvious

No dude Wolverine sucks. Only 42 pages in his all important appreciation thread? Nobody likes him...

I've always liked Bishop, other than the whole trying to kill Hope after shooting Xavier in the head thing. This book has made me really like him and shows what a good writer and the right push can do for a character. I don't feel I need to explain why I like him to anyone. I find Cyclops boring and hated him the last decade or so. He has been at the forefront of every story because they are written by straight white men with similar experiences and interpretations and relate to Scott. Many of us have bought the books for the many great moments we get with all the other characters that really speak to us. It all comes down to getting the right writers willing to give these characters a chance. Prisoner X is hitting it home. Do you have anything to say about the actual topic of this thread? I for one would really enjoy more Bishop, Polaris, Moonstar, Forge interaction after all this..

Quote Originally Posted by AZPolaris View Post
    I've always liked Bishop, other than the whole trying to kill Hope after shooting Xavier in the head thing. This book has made me really like him and shows what a good writer and the right push can do for a character. I don't feel I need to explain why I like him to anyone. I find Cyclops boring and hated him the last decade or so. He has been at the forefront of every story because they are written by straight white men with similar experiences and interpretations and relate to Scott. Many of us have bought the books for the many great moments we get with all the other characters that really speak to us. It all comes down to getting the right writers willing to give these characters a chance. Prisoner X is hitting it home. Do you have anything to say about the actual topic of this thread? I for one would really enjoy more Bishop, Polaris, Moonstar, Forge interaction after all this..
    Those four are a teambook I'd definitely dump my wallet on.